Tips & Tricks: Reference Index

Posted By Realtimer (RL) 9 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.
Author
Realtimer (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Last Week
Become a master character creator with all the Tips & Tricks from the PROs.

Character Creator:

Character Creator and iClone 6:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/dff43dd3-dc5b-4fc2-b6e8-458c.png
Edited
9 Years Ago by Realtimer (RL)
rppoz
rppoz
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (380 reputation)Senior Member (380 reputation)Senior Member (380 reputation)Senior Member (380 reputation)Senior Member (380 reputation)Senior Member (380 reputation)Senior Member (380 reputation)Senior Member (380 reputation)Senior Member (380 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Have started using Character Creator and am missing some of the individual controls that G5 face and avatar tools provided .  e.g. you could reduce depth of head as a whole, resize the whole avatar easily, tweak the face with with the face points, base a face on a photograph, edit the jpg of the face etc etc.  
Will there be extra features added later as I am liking Character Creator but it is not so good for iterative modding. 
I have many G5 political/celebrity caricature avatars and would like to know is there any way (however convaluted) to convert them to G6 format?
Edited
9 Years Ago by rppoz
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 15 minutes ago
rppoz (9/4/2015)
Have started using Character Creator and am missing some of the individual controls that G5 face and avatar tools provided .  e.g. you could reduce depth of head as a whole, resize the whole avatar easily, tweak the face with with the face points, base a face on a photograph, edit the jpg of the face etc etc.  
Will there be extra features added later as I am liking Character Creator but it is not so good for iterative modding. 
I have many G5 political/celebrity caricature avatars and would like to know is there any way (however convaluted) to convert them to G6 format?

Unfortunately it isn't possible to convert a G5 character to a G6 character although you could of course re-build them in Character Creator.

As for adding a 2D photo to create a custom face, this is coming in a future update. We are tentatively scheduling this for the 4th quarter but it may be subject to change as development is still ongoing. This will also have the option to link with the upcoming CrazyTalk 8. More about this soon. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

VirtualMedia
VirtualMedia
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I needed to add a a pair of braces to a character I'm working on and thought I'd share this tip. If you need to add a pair of braces for a CC character, export character to IC and open the diffuse map in Photoshop / Gimp and paint them on. It will take a little finessing to get them placed correctly so start with one brace to see where it will line up on the tooth. Then add layers and braces as you go to get them positioned correctly.

For more realism add bump and spec maps

Keep Rendering...

Virtual Media® / VTV® / The Virtual Entertainment Network...
http://VTVLive.com
Edited
9 Years Ago by VirtualMedia
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
Peter (RL) (9/8/2015)

Unfortunately it isn't possible to convert a G5 character to a G6 character although you could of course re-build them in Character Creator.

As for adding a 2D photo to create a custom face, this is coming in a future update. We are tentatively scheduling this for the 4th quarter but it may be subject to change as development is still ongoing. This will also have the option to link with the upcoming CrazyTalk 8. More about this soon. Smile

Adding a 2D photo in CC would be fantastic -- hope this remains on the plate even if it takes a while to do.

Other than the ability to have longer cloth patterns (like for overcoats and long dresses) that's the only thing I'm missing from CC (well, that and the ability to do VASTLY different body styles, like the old Daz Freak and perhaps children).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic