OFFICIAL iClone 6.1 Issues Thread

Posted By Peter (RL) 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Author
Zeronimo
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 hours ago

I have encountered this problem:

if you have installed a new software it is likely that is the cause.
In this case uninstall this software or do a restoration to a date prior to installing this software.

In my case, on a brand new PC after installing iClone 6 I've realized that when I tried to open, save, render a project or any action that involves opening a folder I had a crash.
After a long search I realized that the cause of the crash was AlieRespawn implementation that comes with the PC. After uninstalling AlienRespawn, iClone 6 was working properly.

Christy0
Christy0
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Thank you both Wires and Zeronimo for your rapid response.

Zeronimo you are right on the nail, it was Alienrespon, came installed on my PC and I usually just cancelled it's annoying popups, but I must have did something different the last time.

Thanks again Guy's I'm a happy camper again. Smile

Christy.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e9080617-e063-46e7-ad69-a9c8.png https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f125ca23-2f9f-40dc-b6cd-d1a8.png https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d5dd533e-e6d4-4ee9-9a17-91da.png

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for the continued feedback.

We have now issued a Beta 6.11 update to quickly correct a number of issues that have been reported in this thread.

If you are being affected by these issues, then please try downloading and installing the beta update.

http://cdn3.reallusion.com/iC611_Enu_Patch_Beta.exe

The fixes included are listed below.

. Fixed: Timeline doesn't refresh once you move an avatar using Edit Motion Layer.

. Fixed: Content Manager now shows .iSubstance file.

. Fixed: Selecting "Hide Navigation Panel" in the Content window is no longer a permanent state.

. Fixed: Project name does not appear on title bar or doesn't update when changed.

. Fixed: G6 Bones not showing when selected in "Edit Motion Layer" settings.

. Fixed: Cannot open crash recovery file.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
9 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
mr_vidius
mr_vidius
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday

well folks.. the mirror bug is still there.. IC6 still don't do mirrors. not in DX11 mode. but it does do it in DX9 mode.. why is that?
can someone in RL explain that to me.. and others? also. I think I know why IC6 has so many bugs.. because they didn't release it with everything
that was promised in the original release. example: the G6 standard characters, along with the ability to customize them.
now, I don't know.. who decided to come up with that brilliant idea.. but it was NOT at all brilliant! this piece meal foolishness is creating more issues as it goes along.. with each new addition.. old bugs are somewhat fixed.. and new ones arise.. the smart move would have been to release IC6 with what was to be the original plan first advertised. fix the bugs like they used to do.. and then move on with "amazing" future bells and whistles, claimed to be "exciting". geez.. there are still some props.. that IC6 don't see.. even re-downloading, and re-installing them from that list Peter put up.. DON'T WORK!.
bit by bit.. me has to do it the hard way. then spend time with the verification process...
I ask this question then.. what the hell is so exciting.. about bugs? what is so darn exciting about a hyped up  version of iclone, that is bugged out it's eyes.. and not even professional strength raid can kill the bugs? I'm sure my post here will be ignored.. like most of them are.. because it is considered a complaint. don't get me wrong. I seem to like IC6's new features (the one's that work). but I really would like to be able to use a product I paid for.. and not wait a full year to get a full working version.. of something I bought back in December  2014.   why? why is that? is that too much to ask? is it? it is too much to ask.. to have a full working version of a product I purchased? why play this silly game? I hope you know.. that it is a very dumb game to play. If I had known that RL was going to play that dumb game.. I would have just stayed with IC5.. and be done with it..
I mean, come on! would someone please explain to me.. so that I can understand the weird thinking process going on here? and how come I don't see DAZ or Poser doing this? why? why? why?...  well.. I'm going to hold off on getting the new exchange pipeline. I'm going to wait.. zip up the wallet.. and wait.. wait till IC6 is complete and fully functional.. yeah I know.. it's going to be a very long wait.. maybe sometime in 2017?

oh yeah.. I'm sure someone in the forum will say the usual stuff.. you know what I'm talking about.. the "having everything now stuff". no.. it's not that at all.. it's bigger than that.. much bigger than that..

vidius

P.S.   I'm not going to purchase IC7. you guys can keep it. I'm tired of silly games.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
mr_vidius (6/2/2015)

well folks.. the mirror bug is still there.. IC6 still don't do mirrors. not in DX11 mode. but it does do it in DX9 mode.. why is that?
can someone in RL explain that to me.. and others? also. I think I know why IC6 has so many bugs.. because they didn't release it with everything
that was promised in the original release. example: the G6 standard characters, along with the ability to customize them.
now, I don't know.. who decided to come up with that brilliant idea.. but it was NOT at all brilliant! this piece meal foolishness is creating more issues as it goes along.. with each new addition.. old bugs are somewhat fixed.. and new ones arise.. the smart move would have been to release IC6 with what was to be the original plan first advertised. fix the bugs like they used to do.. and then move on with "amazing" future bells and whistles, claimed to be "exciting". geez.. there are still some props.. that IC6 don't see.. even re-downloading, and re-installing them from that list Peter put up.. DON'T WORK!.
bit by bit.. me has to do it the hard way. then spend time with the verification process...
I ask this question then.. what the hell is so exciting.. about bugs? what is so darn exciting about a hyped up  version of iclone, that is bugged out it's eyes.. and not even professional strength raid can kill the bugs? I'm sure my post here will be ignored.. like most of them are.. because it is considered a complaint. don't get me wrong. I seem to like IC6's new features (the one's that work). but I really would like to be able to use a product I paid for.. and not wait a full year to get a full working version.. of something I bought back in December  2014.   why? why is that? is that too much to ask? is it? it is too much to ask.. to have a full working version of a product I purchased? why play this silly game? I hope you know.. that it is a very dumb game to play. If I had known that RL was going to play that dumb game.. I would have just stayed with IC5.. and be done with it..
I mean, come on! would someone please explain to me.. so that I can understand the weird thinking process going on here? and how come I don't see DAZ or Poser doing this? why? why? why?...  well.. I'm going to hold off on getting the new exchange pipeline. I'm going to wait.. zip up the wallet.. and wait.. wait till IC6 is complete and fully functional.. yeah I know.. it's going to be a very long wait.. maybe sometime in 2017?

oh yeah.. I'm sure someone in the forum will say the usual stuff.. you know what I'm talking about.. the "having everything now stuff". no.. it's not that at all.. it's bigger than that.. much bigger than that..

vidius

P.S.   I'm not going to purchase IC7. you guys can keep it. I'm tired of silly games.

Hi Mr Vidius,

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling disappointed with iClone 6.

As you can see from my previous post, we have now fixed a number of issues that were reported in iClone 6.1. Please can you tell us more about the "bugs" you feel still exist in iClone 6.1. For example you mention a "Mirror" bug but we don't supply a mirror prop in iClone 6. Please explain more about this so we can understand the problem.

The best way of getting issues resolved is to tell us about them in as much detail as possible. Just saying there a lots of bugs but not giving any details doesn't really help us. If you can detail the problems you are having, we will certainly do our best to rectify them as soon as possible.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Agonos
Agonos
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
The "restore" works again. Congratulations on your responsiveness.
mr_vidius
mr_vidius
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Peter (RL) (6/2/2015)
mr_vidius (6/2/2015)

vidius

Hi Mr Vidius,

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling disappointed with iClone 6.

As you can see from my previous post, we have now fixed a number of issues that were reported in iClone 6.1. Please can you tell us more about the "bugs" you feel still exist in iClone 6.1. For example you mention a "Mirror" bug but we don't supply a mirror prop in iClone 6. Please explain more about this so we can understand the problem.

The best way of getting issues resolved is to tell us about them in as much detail as possible. Just saying there a lots of bugs but not giving any details doesn't really help us. If you can detail the problems you are having, we will certainly do our best to rectify them as soon as possible.

hello Peter<
I'm not disappointed with IC6 in itself.. yes there are some issues.. I'm disappointed with the way it being piece mealed...
anyway.. on with the mirrors issue.. I have several mirrors props.. that work very well in IC5.. and IC6 when running in DX9. but when running IC6 in DX11.. they no longer function as mirrors.. it's just black.. I tried playing around with different materials and settings.. nothing works.. still no mirror effect.
i could just run things in DX9.. but the problem there is.. the real time playback is jumpy. like it's loaded down.. and I can't use the features in DX9 as i could in DX11. is this a DX11 issue? or something else?  I know this was reported earlier, before the 6.1 patch.  and it is still an issue..
the patch you mentioned above.. it's beta.. right? i'll just wait till the official one is released.. just to play it safe.. I share some of the issues being reported by others.. and if i see something not mentioned.. i will speak the words.. Satisfied

vidius
mr_vidius
mr_vidius
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

hey Peter, I was thinking (not a good idea these days).. would it help you guys.. if I provided a project I purchased in the market place.. iclone mirrors?
since mirrors weren't included in IC6. or was it even considered.. that maybe content developers created mirror props, and people would like to use them?
geez.. I'm laughing my butt of right now.. Laugh would it help if I do? w00t

vidius 
Dragonskunk
Dragonskunk
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Amazing! Not used to such rapid responses from bug reports to patch fix.
Maybe considering that they were pretty major problems.

Kudos to team RL!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f0d5a6aa-f907-4e06-b7ab-3cc3.jpg
Alien Maniac
Alien Maniac
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I am with you on that.There are too many new bugs and old bugs.

I tried positioning a planet, but when moved off center it turns into an egg shape.
My spotlights won't shine light
and
I have the problem of the indigo tab still popping up on my workspace, so that is in both ver of 6, I have tried to dock it everywhere and it will not stay, as reported by others too.
and
I can not use my 3dXchange 5 Pipeline now as I upgraded to ver 6 which is limited. 

MSI GE66 Raider, Intel 10th Gen, I7, SC Turbo to 5.3 GHZ, 240HZ, 64GB 3300 Ram,  2x 1TB M2 SSD Drives, NVIDIA GPU RTX 2070/8GB, 55" Sony 4K Monitor  External data drives total 7 TB. and an AUDIO Studio Recording system.

Reading This Topic