OFFICIAL iClone 6.1 Issues Thread

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic237384.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Peter (RL) - 9 Years Ago
Hi Everyone,

iClone 6.1 has been released today and with it comes a large number of outstanding fixes and enhancements.

However if you do still find any bugs, issues, glitches or other general annoyances, please can you post them here.

As always, do feel free to post general feedback in your own threads, but it will help us greatly if we can keep all outstanding issues in one place. This will help the development team track and finally eradicate any nagging problems.

Please do try to provide your full system specifications and a detailed description of the problem when posting. If the issue was one previously posted in one of the older issues threads, you can just provide a link back to the issue rather than write it all out again.

Many Thanks. Smile
By wires - 9 Years Ago
Selecting "Hide Navigation Panel" in the Content window is no longer a permanent state - it is turned on every time iClone 6.1 is restarted. CryingPinchErmm
By mark - 9 Years Ago
Looks like a lot of issues are resolved! Thanks! Was hoping my shadow issue would be fixed...
But sadly my major problem of Spotlight shadow-flickering with Biosphere plants is still there. As stated before, there is no flickering in shadows with Directional lights so it's hard to believe it's my display card which has the newest drivers. Crying
By Agonos - 9 Years Ago
I do not know if it comes from updating or installing "3DXchange pro 6" but I do not have access to three tools found in the "Substance Power Extra". Even if I reinstall the pack, they no longer appear.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/dc529eb3-77cc-4f2d-9422-86ee.jpg
By animagic - 9 Years Ago
The HDR issue, which was promised as fixed in 6.1 has not been resolved. See this post: https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost224623.aspx. This is really problematic...Crying
By jann - 9 Years Ago
Agonos (5/29/2015)
I do not know if it comes from updating or installing "3DXchange pro 6" but I do not have access to three tools found in the "Substance Power Extra". Even if I reinstall the pack, they no longer appear.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/dc529eb3-77cc-4f2d-9422-86ee.jpg

Same here. Substance Tools are gone! Crying
By Christy0 - 9 Years Ago
Sugar!!!! and I was really enjoying using these tools to update the textures on all my old homemade props.

Have to check mine when I get home.

Yep!! Gone here too.
By wires - 9 Years Ago
The 3 Substance tools are still in the sub-directory:
drive letter:\IC6\Template\iClone 6 Template\iClone Template\Materials Lib\Substance Power Extra - and are iSubstance files.

The file type should list them as "iClone iSubstance Files" and not "ISUBSTANCE Files"

This file type is not recognised by the latest build of iClone, and right clicking and selecting iClone as the program to use in the "Open with" option does not solve the problem.
Yep, same problem here. Time for 6.11... Unsure
By Lawsuit Pending Records - 9 Years Ago
Hi Peter
Since update when I save a project from default DefProject.iProject it no longer changes the rename  up in the very top bar. It does save the rename project to the folder so not the end of the world. But my OCD does kick in a little :-)
By Galfridus - 9 Years Ago

Thanks to the RL team for the 6.1 patch.

MixMoves-Communication200 pack. The Mix Moves interface still missing in IC6.1.

RL Substance PowerPack 2000. Materials still do not display their animations inIC6.1 E.G. Waves, Tunnel,Liquid splash, Water drops etc. Checked out in substance viewer to see their full capabilities.

PopVideo export option still unavailable.

The  delay on G6 standard characters was disappointing. In addition, road map information with 3DX6 seemed to suggest future G6 character creation would take place there ? Will there be any G6 customisation options from within IC6? Following release of IC6.1 the issue remains that customers are very ill informed about G6.

Geoff.

By Dragonskunk - 9 Years Ago
Each time it crashes my project is lost.
Cannot open crash recovery file:
!  Failed to load the file.
Drag and dropped a wav audio file onto the timeline in the middle of a scene, but it plays also at the start, even if you delete the audio it still plays even if you delete everything, there are no keyframes, there is zero content except the default light and I still hear the sound effect. This happens every time.
Additional info: You only hear the unwanted sound effect when rendered as mp4.

By Agonos - 9 Years Ago
Until the problem is resolved, you can find the 3 tools "Substance Power Extra" in "package"
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f7306cc7-f105-4552-80cb-0271.jpg
Project name does not appear on title bar or doesn't update when changed.
By Agonos - 9 Years Ago
Since the last "patch" causes annoying bugs, where could I find the previous version of "IC6"?  Thank you
By wires - 9 Years Ago
Agonos (5/31/2015)
Since the last "patch" causes annoying bugs, where could I find the previous version of "IC6"?  Thank you

I believe that the only safe way to find and install a previous version is to use the one that you saved on your hard disk after you downloaded it.

By hattori kun - 9 Years Ago
Dragonskunk (5/31/2015)

That's not good.  6.03 has been really stable for me. Downloading 6.1 now and will test.
Timeline doesn't refresh once you move an avatar using Edit Motion Layer.
Thanks for the heads up on that Agonos. Smile
By wires - 9 Years Ago
Bones not showing when selected in "Edit Motion Layer" settings:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/98093c82-d96f-455f-ab0e-2e9f.png
By Agonos - 9 Years Ago
wires (5/31/2015)
Agonos (5/31/2015)

I believe that the only safe way to find and install a previous version is to use the one that you saved on your hard disk after you downloaded it.

Would have "Reallusion" adds a link to download the previous version
By Postfrosch - 9 Years Ago
Bones not showing when selected in "Edit Motion Layer" settings:

Hi Gerry,
Take the hook in the "Bone Edit Mode" and set out the hook again.
The selected bone is then displayed.
Greetings from Germany
Werner

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/407ff9ab-f008-4e50-8013-02d6.gif
By wires - 9 Years Ago
Thanks for the tip Werner. However I still consider that this is a bug that should be fixed to work as expected.
By Agonos - 9 Years Ago
I am blocked. The "restore" no longer works. I have to wait until this issue is resolved. Or I must not forget to press "CTRL + S" as often as possible.
Dragonskunk (5/31/2015)

Hi Dragonskunk,

We see you are reporting a number of issues that we are not able to reproduce. Are these all related to one project or are the issues affecting all projects?

If the problem is affecting all projects I would advise uninstalling iClone 6 and perform a clean install of the full iClone 6.1. Then check again for the same issues.

If the issues are with one project, can you please contact us at Support and let us have a link to download the project.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.aspx

Thanks.
Thank you all for the issue reports. These are being looked at and I will update again once I know more about the plans to resolve any confirmed issues.

As always, if you have any issues that are seriously affecting your use of iClone 6.1, then please contact us via Support using the link below.

Thank you.
By Agonos - 9 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (6/1/2015)
Dragonskunk (5/31/2015)

Hi Dragonskunk,

We see you are reporting a number of issues that we are not able to reproduce. Are these all related to one project or are the issues affecting all projects?

If the problem is affecting all projects I would advise uninstalling iClone 6 and perform a clean install of the full iClone 6.1. Then check again for the same issues.

If the issues are with one project, can you please contact us at Support and let us have a link to download the project.

Thanks.

1) Load avatar "Mason". Add the 3D Scéne "Butte" for example
2) Open the "Task Manager" of Windows. End the process Ic6
3) Reload "IC6" and he wrote this on the screen: "Unsaved project data found Would you like to upgrade your project with the unsaved changes.?". Click on "ok".
4) It proposes to name the file "restore" by default. Confirm this choice.
5) After a short loading time, says IC6 as in the previous version: "Restore successull". Only after pressing "ok", IC6 now says: "Failed to load the file"
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a25b1ff4-5642-4113-b1de-0943.jpg

Hi guy's hope someone can help with this one.

All of a sudden when working in iClone and I click to render  a scene, or open any folder source i.e. load picture file or any action that involves opening a folder on the iClone desktop causes iClone to crash.
I can't even output any video renders now because as soon as the save to folder opens up iclone freezes and crashes.

Have done a full re-install from 6.0 to 6.1 and it's happening in every version. any help really appreciated.

By wires - 9 Years Ago

@Christy,
I tried, but can't recreate the problem here that you described.
It sounds more like an OS problem than an iClone one.

By Zeronimo - 9 Years Ago

I have encountered this problem:

if you have installed a new software it is likely that is the cause.
In this case uninstall this software or do a restoration to a date prior to installing this software.

In my case, on a brand new PC after installing iClone 6 I've realized that when I tried to open, save, render a project or any action that involves opening a folder I had a crash.
After a long search I realized that the cause of the crash was AlieRespawn implementation that comes with the PC. After uninstalling AlienRespawn, iClone 6 was working properly.

Thank you both Wires and Zeronimo for your rapid response.

Zeronimo you are right on the nail, it was Alienrespon, came installed on my PC and I usually just cancelled it's annoying popups, but I must have did something different the last time.

Thanks again Guy's I'm a happy camper again. Smile

Christy.

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for the continued feedback.

We have now issued a Beta 6.11 update to quickly correct a number of issues that have been reported in this thread.

If you are being affected by these issues, then please try downloading and installing the beta update.

http://cdn3.reallusion.com/iC611_Enu_Patch_Beta.exe

The fixes included are listed below.

. Fixed: Timeline doesn't refresh once you move an avatar using Edit Motion Layer.

. Fixed: Content Manager now shows .iSubstance file.

. Fixed: Selecting "Hide Navigation Panel" in the Content window is no longer a permanent state.

. Fixed: Project name does not appear on title bar or doesn't update when changed.

. Fixed: G6 Bones not showing when selected in "Edit Motion Layer" settings.

. Fixed: Cannot open crash recovery file.
By mr_vidius - 9 Years Ago

well folks.. the mirror bug is still there.. IC6 still don't do mirrors. not in DX11 mode. but it does do it in DX9 mode.. why is that?
can someone in RL explain that to me.. and others? also. I think I know why IC6 has so many bugs.. because they didn't release it with everything
that was promised in the original release. example: the G6 standard characters, along with the ability to customize them.
now, I don't know.. who decided to come up with that brilliant idea.. but it was NOT at all brilliant! this piece meal foolishness is creating more issues as it goes along.. with each new addition.. old bugs are somewhat fixed.. and new ones arise.. the smart move would have been to release IC6 with what was to be the original plan first advertised. fix the bugs like they used to do.. and then move on with "amazing" future bells and whistles, claimed to be "exciting". geez.. there are still some props.. that IC6 don't see.. even re-downloading, and re-installing them from that list Peter put up.. DON'T WORK!.
bit by bit.. me has to do it the hard way. then spend time with the verification process...
I ask this question then.. what the hell is so exciting.. about bugs? what is so darn exciting about a hyped up  version of iclone, that is bugged out it's eyes.. and not even professional strength raid can kill the bugs? I'm sure my post here will be ignored.. like most of them are.. because it is considered a complaint. don't get me wrong. I seem to like IC6's new features (the one's that work). but I really would like to be able to use a product I paid for.. and not wait a full year to get a full working version.. of something I bought back in December  2014.   why? why is that? is that too much to ask? is it? it is too much to ask.. to have a full working version of a product I purchased? why play this silly game? I hope you know.. that it is a very dumb game to play. If I had known that RL was going to play that dumb game.. I would have just stayed with IC5.. and be done with it..
I mean, come on! would someone please explain to me.. so that I can understand the weird thinking process going on here? and how come I don't see DAZ or Poser doing this? why? why? why?...  well.. I'm going to hold off on getting the new exchange pipeline. I'm going to wait.. zip up the wallet.. and wait.. wait till IC6 is complete and fully functional.. yeah I know.. it's going to be a very long wait.. maybe sometime in 2017?

oh yeah.. I'm sure someone in the forum will say the usual stuff.. you know what I'm talking about.. the "having everything now stuff". no.. it's not that at all.. it's bigger than that.. much bigger than that..

vidius

P.S.   I'm not going to purchase IC7. you guys can keep it. I'm tired of silly games.

mr_vidius (6/2/2015)

well folks.. the mirror bug is still there.. IC6 still don't do mirrors. not in DX11 mode. but it does do it in DX9 mode.. why is that?
can someone in RL explain that to me.. and others? also. I think I know why IC6 has so many bugs.. because they didn't release it with everything
that was promised in the original release. example: the G6 standard characters, along with the ability to customize them.
now, I don't know.. who decided to come up with that brilliant idea.. but it was NOT at all brilliant! this piece meal foolishness is creating more issues as it goes along.. with each new addition.. old bugs are somewhat fixed.. and new ones arise.. the smart move would have been to release IC6 with what was to be the original plan first advertised. fix the bugs like they used to do.. and then move on with "amazing" future bells and whistles, claimed to be "exciting". geez.. there are still some props.. that IC6 don't see.. even re-downloading, and re-installing them from that list Peter put up.. DON'T WORK!.
bit by bit.. me has to do it the hard way. then spend time with the verification process...
I ask this question then.. what the hell is so exciting.. about bugs? what is so darn exciting about a hyped up  version of iclone, that is bugged out it's eyes.. and not even professional strength raid can kill the bugs? I'm sure my post here will be ignored.. like most of them are.. because it is considered a complaint. don't get me wrong. I seem to like IC6's new features (the one's that work). but I really would like to be able to use a product I paid for.. and not wait a full year to get a full working version.. of something I bought back in December  2014.   why? why is that? is that too much to ask? is it? it is too much to ask.. to have a full working version of a product I purchased? why play this silly game? I hope you know.. that it is a very dumb game to play. If I had known that RL was going to play that dumb game.. I would have just stayed with IC5.. and be done with it..
I mean, come on! would someone please explain to me.. so that I can understand the weird thinking process going on here? and how come I don't see DAZ or Poser doing this? why? why? why?...  well.. I'm going to hold off on getting the new exchange pipeline. I'm going to wait.. zip up the wallet.. and wait.. wait till IC6 is complete and fully functional.. yeah I know.. it's going to be a very long wait.. maybe sometime in 2017?

oh yeah.. I'm sure someone in the forum will say the usual stuff.. you know what I'm talking about.. the "having everything now stuff". no.. it's not that at all.. it's bigger than that.. much bigger than that..

vidius

P.S.   I'm not going to purchase IC7. you guys can keep it. I'm tired of silly games.

Hi Mr Vidius,

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling disappointed with iClone 6.

As you can see from my previous post, we have now fixed a number of issues that were reported in iClone 6.1. Please can you tell us more about the "bugs" you feel still exist in iClone 6.1. For example you mention a "Mirror" bug but we don't supply a mirror prop in iClone 6. Please explain more about this so we can understand the problem.

The best way of getting issues resolved is to tell us about them in as much detail as possible. Just saying there a lots of bugs but not giving any details doesn't really help us. If you can detail the problems you are having, we will certainly do our best to rectify them as soon as possible.

By Agonos - 9 Years Ago
The "restore" works again. Congratulations on your responsiveness.
Peter (RL) (6/2/2015)
mr_vidius (6/2/2015)

vidius

Hi Mr Vidius,

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling disappointed with iClone 6.

As you can see from my previous post, we have now fixed a number of issues that were reported in iClone 6.1. Please can you tell us more about the "bugs" you feel still exist in iClone 6.1. For example you mention a "Mirror" bug but we don't supply a mirror prop in iClone 6. Please explain more about this so we can understand the problem.

The best way of getting issues resolved is to tell us about them in as much detail as possible. Just saying there a lots of bugs but not giving any details doesn't really help us. If you can detail the problems you are having, we will certainly do our best to rectify them as soon as possible.

hello Peter<
I'm not disappointed with IC6 in itself.. yes there are some issues.. I'm disappointed with the way it being piece mealed...
anyway.. on with the mirrors issue.. I have several mirrors props.. that work very well in IC5.. and IC6 when running in DX9. but when running IC6 in DX11.. they no longer function as mirrors.. it's just black.. I tried playing around with different materials and settings.. nothing works.. still no mirror effect.
i could just run things in DX9.. but the problem there is.. the real time playback is jumpy. like it's loaded down.. and I can't use the features in DX9 as i could in DX11. is this a DX11 issue? or something else?  I know this was reported earlier, before the 6.1 patch.  and it is still an issue..
the patch you mentioned above.. it's beta.. right? i'll just wait till the official one is released.. just to play it safe.. I share some of the issues being reported by others.. and if i see something not mentioned.. i will speak the words.. Satisfied

vidius
hey Peter, I was thinking (not a good idea these days).. would it help you guys.. if I provided a project I purchased in the market place.. iclone mirrors?
since mirrors weren't included in IC6. or was it even considered.. that maybe content developers created mirror props, and people would like to use them?
geez.. I'm laughing my butt of right now.. Laugh would it help if I do? w00t

vidius 
Amazing! Not used to such rapid responses from bug reports to patch fix.
Maybe considering that they were pretty major problems.

Kudos to team RL!
By Alien Maniac - 9 Years Ago
I am with you on that.There are too many new bugs and old bugs.

I tried positioning a planet, but when moved off center it turns into an egg shape.
My spotlights won't shine light
and
I have the problem of the indigo tab still popping up on my workspace, so that is in both ver of 6, I have tried to dock it everywhere and it will not stay, as reported by others too.
and
I can not use my 3dXchange 5 Pipeline now as I upgraded to ver 6 which is limited. 

By wires - 9 Years Ago
Excellent job on getting the posted problems fixed so quickly. Cool

Aside from the few items that I mentioned/confirmed it this thread I've had no other issues with this update so far. Both iClone 6 and 3DXchange 6 are not preventing me from using either iClone 5.5 or 3DXchange 5.5.

Maybe it's just the luck of the Irish. SmileWinkHeheLaugh
By h_habash - 9 Years Ago
Christy0 (6/2/2015)
Hi guy's hope someone can help with this one.

All of a sudden when working in iClone and I click to render  a scene, or open any folder source i.e. load picture file or any action that involves opening a folder on the iClone desktop causes iClone to crash.
I can't even output any video renders now because as soon as the save to folder opens up iclone freezes and crashes.

Have done a full re-install from 6.0 to 6.1 and it's happening in every version. any help really appreciated.

I have the same issue since I've installed the update 6.03 and still even after installing 6.1, which I've already reported earlier as well, but so far I couldn't solve this crash even after re-installing iClone.... Crying

I've tried to find if there is any software causing this problem in my PC as mentioned by Zeronimo and Christy0 but with no luck so far, I'll try the new beta update amd see... Exclamation Mark
mr_vidius (6/2/2015)
hey Peter, I was thinking (not a good idea these days).. would it help you guys.. if I provided a project I purchased in the market place.. iclone mirrors?
since mirrors weren't included in IC6. or was it even considered.. that maybe content developers created mirror props, and people would like to use them?

vidius 

The mirrors in the Market Place are the same as the mirror prop that was provided for free for iClone 5, which also has issues. Mirrors were not officially released for iClone 5 for that reason. As Peter has explained, the mirror issue is a hard nut to crack and no solution for iClone 6 has been promised at this time. I'm disappointed too, but it doesn't prevent me from using iClone 6. 

One more major problem surfaced with iClone 6.11

When you rotate the head by using the X Y Z rings the head keeps snapping.
-Any character.
-More noticeable when other angles not being rotated are not default angles.

By Cricky - 9 Years Ago
You wouldn't happen to have "Angle Snap" on would you?  

Shortcut (CTRL+E)

Dragonskunk (6/4/2015)

-Any character.

Cricky (6/4/2015)

Shortcut (CTRL+E)

Nope! Did a fresh install no buttons pressed other than the Edit Motion Layer button and the head selector.
I  tried to toggle CTRL+E which I don't think applies to Edit Motion Layer but did nothing to solve it.
I even toggled Everything in the Edit Motion Layer, no change still whips the head wildly with any slight motion.

It seems to move to its last undo position before rotating.
By primaveranz - 9 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (6/2/2015)

I installed this patch but I still cannot open my recovered file.
By Agonos - 9 Years Ago
primaveranz (6/4/2015)
Peter (RL) (6/2/2015)

I installed this patch but I still cannot open my recovered file.

I have not been too but it was not a major project. It was a project that I created to test the problem you had mentioned.
By Postfrosch - 9 Years Ago

-Any character.

I've tested it and can confirm these errors
Greets from Germany
Werner (Postfrosch)
By mark - 9 Years Ago
Oh yeah! MAJOR BUG!!!!
h_habash (6/3/2015)

I have the same issue since I've installed the update 6.03 and still even after installing 6.1, which I've already reported earlier as well, but so far I couldn't solve this crash even after re-installing iClone.... Crying

I've tried to find if there is any software causing this problem in my PC as mentioned by Zeronimo and Christy0 but with no luck so far, I'll try the new beta update amd see... Exclamation Mark

I did the beta update, but it didn't do any progress to my crash issue...

I'm almost giving up to solve this problem, although there must be something to be done either to my PC or to the software itself, below I've pasted the crash report hoping someone explain or give me an idea what it means or what is wrong.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    iClone.exe
  Application Version:    6.1.1801.1
  Application Timestamp:    556c251d
  Fault Module Name:    ntdll.dll
  Fault Module Version:    6.3.9600.17736
  Fault Module Timestamp:    550f4336
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    00000000000574b4
  OS Version:    6.3.9600.2.0.0.768.101
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    fbac
  Additional Information 2:    fbac95feac74f36e8218817fae391677
  Additional Information 3:    5be0
  Additional Information 4:    5be045180f68e09360b25a370b81b8ab

I wish to solve this issue soon....
Dragonskunk (6/4/2015)

-Any character.

Hi Dragonskunk,

Thank you for notifying us of this issue. We will get this corrected before the final 6.11 update is released.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused by this issue.

h_habash (6/4/2015)
h_habash (6/3/2015)

I did the beta update, but it didn't do any progress to my crash issue...

I'm almost giving up to solve this problem, although there must be something to be done either to my PC or to the software itself, below I've pasted the crash report hoping someone explain or give me an idea what it means or what is wrong.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    iClone.exe
  Application Version:    6.1.1801.1
  Application Timestamp:    556c251d
  Fault Module Name:    ntdll.dll
  Fault Module Version:    6.3.9600.17736
  Fault Module Timestamp:    550f4336
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    00000000000574b4
  OS Version:    6.3.9600.2.0.0.768.101
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    fbac
  Additional Information 2:    fbac95feac74f36e8218817fae391677
  Additional Information 3:    5be0
  Additional Information 4:    5be045180f68e09360b25a370b81b8ab

I wish to solve this issue soon....

Sorry to hear of your crashing problems with iClone 6.

If you haven't already, please can you contact us using the Support Form below so we can get this logged. Can you also supply your dxdiag.txt file so we can check your system for any problems. Thanks.

Peter

I am still having the same problem in any ver or IC6. I have never gotten an acknowledgement of the problem either.
Here are a few problems:
In IC 6.11
1. When I load a sphere, ball, planet: Centered is fine but when moved it turns egg shape.
IC6 all ver:
2. The Indigo tab bar keeps popping up on my workspace.
Note: I can move it, up, down, to the sides and still it keeps popping up on my work space; See image
What is causing this? Others have also reported it here in the forums with no answer or reply at all. WHY?

By Cricky - 9 Years Ago
Did you actually look at your "Preferences" and restart?  

Installing the program again, does not always change your setup, as some settings are retained in your registry and users "APP Data".

I just tried again, and if you open the preference panel and disable the Angle Snap and restart iClone, it retains the settings.  

My character's head(s) snaps the same way as yours when the snap is active, yet does not when inactive. I was in "Motion Layer Editing" where snap will apply, so I was in the same place your screen appeared to be without you actually showing the panels you had open.

I gave the shortcut as a reference, but shortcuts, I will admit, will not always work as expected.  I have some shortcuts that refuse to respond as expected, just haven't had time to list them. 
Try changing the settings manually in preferences, or at least checking it in the Preference settings before giving up.  

Dragonskunk (6/4/2015)
Cricky (6/4/2015)

Shortcut (CTRL+E)

Nope! Did a fresh install no buttons pressed other than the Edit Motion Layer button and the head selector.
I  tried to toggle CTRL+E which I don't think applies to Edit Motion Layer but did nothing to solve it.
I even toggled Everything in the Edit Motion Layer, no change still whips the head wildly with any slight motion.

It seems to move to its last undo position before rotating.

Postfrosch (6/4/2015)

-Any character.

I've tested it and can confirm these errors
Greets from Germany
Werner (Postfrosch)

Likewise here. It is particularly noticeable when you switch from one ring to another.

By Edward (RL) - 9 Years Ago
Bray42 (6/4/2015)
Peter
. The Indigo tab bar keeps popping up on my workspace.
Note: I can move it, up, down, to the sides and still it keeps popping up on my work space; See image
What is causing this? Others have also reported it here in the forums with no answer or reply at all. WHY?

Hello, 
Try to re-layout what you prefer and save it.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ef87e307-dd97-4fc6-9525-9c68.jpg

By jdpix - 9 Years Ago
BUG REPORT:

Iclone 6.1
When I LINK (not attach) a prop to another prop then click on the Node Button (the THREE DOTS) iClone freezes up.
Running Windows 8
iClone 6.1

Has anyone else experienced this??

Thanks! 
By wires - 9 Years Ago
I just tried linking one prop to another and selecting the node button - no iClone crash.
I repeated this several times, each time using different props, and didn't have a crash.
By Galfridus - 9 Years Ago

In IC5.5 I can right click a motion in the time line and select “modify” and adjust a parameter E.g lean back and preview the result. If satisfactory, I click O.K. to apply. When needed I can then repeat the process to subsequently further modify the motion by changing another parameter .E.g raise shoulders.

In IC6.1 I only seem to get one go at modifying the motion. After clicking O.K if I try to repeat the process to add further modifications the original motion becomes just a static pose.

I have tried this with each selection from the Part Modify slider Icons. I.E Stand mode /Pose correction/ Move mode. I find once you click O.K. no further modification seems allowed without the motion being replaced with just a static pose.

I prefer the way itworks for me in IC5.5 with the option to use modify to adjustmotions... ad infinitum.

Anyone else experiencing this? Is this my user error or a bug in IC6.1?

Geoff.

By Fede P. - 9 Years Ago
Hi, after the Upgrade from 6.03 to 6.1  I can see continuosly a not installed package in package --> Pack template -- > Not Installed  But I have installed them
By Agonos - 9 Years Ago
info.fpedazzini (2015-06-07)
Hi, after the Upgrade from 6.03 to 6.1  I can see continuosly a not installed package in package --> Pack template -- > Not Installed  But I have installed them

Did you install this update ? https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost237668.asp
Peter spoke about it and the problems it solves at this page : https://forum.reallusion.com/237384/OFFICIAL-iClone-61-Issues-Thread?PageIndex=4
By Fede P. - 9 Years Ago
Agonos (6/7/2015)
info.fpedazzini (2015-06-07)

Did you install this update ? https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost237668.asp
Peter spoke about it and the problems it solves at this page : https://forum.reallusion.com/237384/OFFICIAL-iClone-61-Issues-Thread?PageIndex=4

Yes I installed "iC611_Enu_Patch_Beta.exe" but nothing is changed
By jdpix - 9 Years Ago
Thanks Gerry...  My friend also tried it on his system and it didn't crash.

Here are some thoughts:

I have all of my assets (except iClone program) on E: drive
Running Windows 8
I DO NOT have any iClone 5 assets on my system

By madicloner - 9 Years Ago
Biggest issue and bug has not repaired or fixed since v6.0:
V6 is sluggggggggiiiiiiisshhhhhhhhhhhh!
Get this model, which can be edited and showed in v5 slow, but well:
http://www.scifi3d.com/download.asp?intGenreID=10&intCatID=8&filekey=1140&key=534
It´s the most famous Star Destroyer model out there and
GET IT TO WORK well in v6, too! (better would be: v6 MUST view and edit that better than v5. Then your work is done!)

It´s very easy to reproduce, too.
View it in v5, save the project and open it in v6.
The difference is gigantic!!
v5 works compared to v6 like a Ferrari compared to a Mitsubishi.

As long you don´t change this problem, all your fixes, patches, patches of patches, fixes of fixes,
quick-patch-fixes and all your expense and efforts are senseless! And, please tell me:
What is the sense of v6 at all?
It is like v5 again with the patch of patch and fix of fix of fix - only working much, much worse than v5 with horrible and endless problems in every "corner" of this software in the child's shoes!
v6 has rendering problems without end! I never have seen, that the realtime-renderer stops to render realtime.
v6 did that!! The screen was frozen black and I heard only the sound! That is now fixed - but you see, how bad v6 is coded, in reality!
And then you tell us, how well 3dX6 can port highpoly content. Like v5 was not able to do that!
The only reason in porting highpoly content to v6 is, to torture myself and pay a lot for that, too!
You see it! Do yourself a favour, save money and our nerves and get the old v5 core back (including interface, please!!) and plugin the new v6 features. These are super softcloth, lights and the new timeline. Indigo and tessalation is nothing, that makes animating better or faster - it only sucks a lot of time, if you are so mad to monkey around with Indigo.
And then - nearly all your problems would be gone! Mirrors are back, all content run, all features that v6 has "stolen" are back and then you may have time and money to give us a better rendering and perhaps then you got really the chance, that anyone out there (that invests in 3d) takes iClone serious.
At moment: NO CHANCE!! Indigo is a totally nobody and no one will hunt down single-pics of the grany Indigo, waiting as long as with 3d Studio - but with much, much worse results and problems!

By Lawsuit Pending Records - 9 Years Ago
animagic (6/3/2015)
mr_vidius (6/2/2015)

vidius 

The mirrors in the Market Place are the same as the mirror prop that was provided for free for iClone 5, which also has issues. Mirrors were not officially released for iClone 5 for that reason. As Peter has explained, the mirror issue is a hard nut to crack and no solution for iClone 6 has been promised at this time. I'm disappointed too, but it doesn't prevent me from using iClone 6. 

As a work around I ended up making a few mirror bases ie a car or wall mirror and drop them in an existing frame and just cut video from that angle, for a car mirror I linked the camera to the centre mirror and cut the scene after setting up a good viewing angle rendered the full scene as an extra and dropped it in the hole. It seemed to work out  fine. To speed the process up I built a couple of default props and where possible I remove the original and replace with my own as it was fast becoming a pain in the backside. This way you can use the scale tool to adjust to suit. There is something about a car driving up the road in a scene with a blank mirror that is very distracting :-) That's all I have till something better comes along. I tried some from store but from memory you had to have nothing behind it in order for it to work.

By jdpix - 9 Years Ago
**BUG REPORT**
Reinstalled iClone 6 yesterday -- problem persists 
I link a prop to another prop and I still can't click on root node (three dots) -- it FREEZES the system.  If I hit "ESC" it unfreezes -- but it will not let me click on the root node...

Possible Reasons I am in the minority:

Assets on E: drive
Running Windows 8
I am using Two Monitors 

Would be great if more people  (with my config) might try this -- I appreciate those who have tried it (and it worked fine for them), but there must be a reason this is happening...

Thanks all!

By Krusher - 9 Years Ago
jdpix (6/9/2015)
**BUG REPORT**
Reinstalled iClone 6 yesterday -- problem persists 
I link a prop to another prop and I still can't click on root node (three dots) -- it FREEZES the system.  If I hit "ESC" it unfreezes -- but it will not let me click on the root node...

Possible Reasons I am in the minority:

Assets on E: drive
Running Windows 8
I am using Two Monitors 

Would be great if more people  (with my config) might try this -- I appreciate those who have tried it (and it worked fine for them), but there must be a reason this is happening...

Thanks all!

Thank you all for the continued feedback. All the issues being reported are being logged but I would urge anyone who is having serious issues to contact us at Tech Support using the link below. This way we can work with you on a one to one basis to try and get the issues resolved as quickly as possible.

Peter (RL) (6/4/2015)
Dragonskunk (6/4/2015)

-Any character.

Hi Dragonskunk,

Thank you for notifying us of this issue. We will get this corrected before the final 6.11 update is released.

This is not just limited to the head. Hands have the same problem.
Peter (RL) (6/4/2015)
Dragonskunk (6/4/2015)

-Any character.

Hi Dragonskunk,

By Rampa - 9 Years Ago
[/quote]
[/quote]

I tested that the other day. It's the same for any bone.

I can't wait till I am able to use 3DX v6 as anything exported form v6 doesn't load into iClone v6 unless you have at least v6.1 and I have to use v6.02 and can only use 3DX v5.51 so hoping soon the RL team will refocus on iClone troubles soonest.
Hi Everyone,

The official release of the full iClone 6.11 update is not until Monday, but for those needing a solution for the "Edit Motion Layer" problems, I have provided the download links below. I hope this helps. Smile

iClone 6.11
http://file.reallusion.com/patch/ic/iC611_Enu_Full_Patch.exe

Version: 6.11.1809.1    

Fixed: Timeline doesn't refresh when a keyframe is added using the Edit Motion Layer tool.
Ref: https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost237668.aspx
Fixed: Content Manager now shows .iSubstance files.    
Ref: https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost237452.aspx
Fixed: "Hide Navigation Panel" state in the Content window not remembered.    
Ref: https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost237391.aspx
Fixed: Project name does not appear on title bar and doesn't update when changed.    
Ref: https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost237658.aspx
Fixed: G6 Bones not showing when selected in "Edit Motion Layer" settings.    
Ref: https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost237673.aspx
Fixed: Cannot open crash recovery file.    
Ref: https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost237640.aspx
Fixed: Additional head rotation attempts in the Edit Motion Layer tool will cause snapping.    
Ref: https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost238084.aspx

3DXchange 6.11
http://file.reallusion.com/patch/ic/3DX611_Enu_Full_Patch.exe

Version: 6.11.0609.1

Fixed:    . Fixed: Normal texture channel assignment not working.
By Agonos - 9 Years Ago
Thank you. But this is the first time a "patch" asks me to restart the computer.
By Krusher - 9 Years Ago
Has anyone experienced looping when using Motion Puppet.  This has occurred after the most recent update ver. 6.1.1728.1 It is not a show stopper and I must say iclone crashes less often these days.

Blink
By rgreenidge - 9 Years Ago
This is probably not a new bug, and I don't know what version it started with, but it's definitely on the iC6 series up to 6.11. There are two bugs, one is time consuming (avatar), and one is annoying and gets in the way sometimes. I'll start with the first: When you have a avatar and have some attached accessories, in previous versions when you made the avatar invisible by turning off the visible state in the timeline, everything attached to the avatar would disappear, and appear in sync. With iClone 6, The hat, hair or accessories will stay in their last state. I have to go to the timeline, and apply the visible state separately to each accessory, even though it is attached to the avatar. It's not hard to do, and sometimes the timing is slightly off. The other bug is that when you have multiple cameras, and you have then set to invisible. They keep appearing on the screen, and you have to cycle the invisible icon. Sometimes you're like; "What the heck is that in the way"? And it's the other (invisible?) cameras. Thanks.
By Colonel_Klink - 9 Years Ago
Agonos (6/1/2015)
Peter (RL) (6/1/2015)
Dragonskunk (5/31/2015)

Hi Dragonskunk,

Thanks.

1) Load avatar "Mason". Add the 3D Scéne "Butte" for example
2) Open the "Task Manager" of Windows. End the process Ic6
3) Reload "IC6" and he wrote this on the screen: "Unsaved project data found Would you like to upgrade your project with the unsaved changes.?". Click on "ok".
4) It proposes to name the file "restore" by default. Confirm this choice.
5) After a short loading time, says IC6 as in the previous version: "Restore successull". Only after pressing "ok", IC6 now says: "Failed to load the file"
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a25b1ff4-5642-4113-b1de-0943.jpg

Same thing happened to me. Hours of work lost in a single keystroke. Not impressed at all.
Colonel_Klink (6/18/2015)
[ Same thing happened to me. Hours of work lost in a single keystroke. Not impressed at all.

Did you update to the latest patch? That should solve it. The auto-restore works again for me.

By Colonel_Klink - 9 Years Ago
Yeah I installed the latest patch, but I don't trust it now Smile

By andrew.genaille - 9 Years Ago
Hi,
I saw that this was a bug fixed earlier but my first encounter with it.

Downloaded a G6 cyborg character, and when I use the direct puppet motion it suddenly disapears; I find it half way across the map.

I'm using the most up to date iclone.
I been using large scenery backgrounds with my projects that I purchased on here. With iC 6.11. it seems that it crashes at things I change or adjust, and the message I've got was
that; "iclone has shut down because it could not write to a address". Now if I add motions to the avatar's, add or adjust a path, especially adjust the timeline ruler to add something in the timeline at a certain point, I crash. The last days all crashes were recovered, and then saved, but it's becoming annoying because every little thing, change I make or add, I have to save the project because it will crash eventually. With this; "couldn't write to memory problem", I just changed out my 32 GB memory with faster and identical slot memory. And I still get this; "memory no written to the memory address" crashing. So I can say it's probably not my memory; CPU, hard to believe? Sometimes it will crash, when I only click and highlight things in the project list. Sometimes it has crashed when just sitting there idling, while plotting my next action. Which leads me to my next question, I try to minimize the programs working other than iClone. It is hard to do with having to be connected to the internet to start the iClone program. I understand piracy, but is this necessary, and could this be a reason why we get crashes you don't see at RL? Next time I run iClone 6.11, after it starts I'm going to try to run it without the internet connection and see if it makes a difference. When I'm running Cakewalk & Iclone, since they are very CPU and memory dependent, I would like to be disable my modem, and other things I don't need to prevent possible interruptions of the programs. I hope future versions of iclone will permit this. Thanks for any help. To keep those up to date, changing the memory to 4 sticks of more expensive memory, did not stop the memory write errors, and those good memory testing programs are not free and 100% fool proof. If they find a bad memory sector, it doesn't tell you which stick is bad. You still have to swap and switch. For $30, you should be able to tell me what color is the heat sink on my memory. $30 for a maybe used once in a lifetime program, with no guarantees? No thanks. I also get that memory address write error when I'm rendering a mp4 file of that project. Not in the mood to test iClone with the modem disconnected tonight, had a great fathers' day and don't want to ruin it. I already ruined my weekend when the new memory did not solve the problem. I felt like I threw $240 out the window when I didn't have too. All's not lost my sister who had 4GB of memory now has 16GB, and so does my Brother-in-law, who had 8GB. So two people are happy about the new memory.

By menro28 - 9 Years Ago
Hi Peter and iClone users.
Error in "Visual tab" --> "Glare"
It shows the glare always the same.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6a131e11-9a2e-40af-b7eb-744a.jpg
little by little we are making a beast of iClone BigGrinBigGrin, but patiently Satisfied

· Intel i7 930 3.2GHz · 24GB RAM · Nvidia Geforce GTX 650 Ti 2GB VRAM ·
By Cricky - 9 Years Ago
It seems the "F10" Frame Preview is no longer functional.  Tried it in Different Projects just to be sure it wasn't a specific project causing it to not produce a preview full scale image.
12 hours and no crashes. This is a first for me. It can't be the new memory, because iClone crashed with it, connected to the net and without it, using the same project. So what did I do different? I usually start all my projects with 18000 frames which is 5 minutes. Then I trim the frame stopper to approximately to the time of that scene. Today I left it open to 18000 frames, and didn't adjust it. That was the only thing I've never done before. Tomorrow is a new day. I must have saved 40 versions of this scene as I went along out of habit, but no crashes. No memory does not have a burn in time as far as I know. But whatever happened this is a first and I can't be more happier..  Hope I get the same results with rendering, the MP4's now. No more crashing.  RG.

rgreenidge (6/23/2015)
12 hours and no crashes. This is a first for me. It can't be the new memory, because iClone crashed with it, connected to the net and without it, using the same project. So what did I do different? I usually start all my projects with 18000 frames which is 5 minutes. Then I trim the frame stopper to approximately to the time of that scene. Today I left it open to 18000 frames, and didn't adjust it. That was the only thing I've never done before. Tomorrow is a new day. I must have saved 40 versions of this scene as I went along out of habit, but no crashes. No memory does not have a burn in time as far as I know. But whatever happened this is a first and I can't be more happier..  Hope I get the same results with rendering, the MP4's now. No more crashing.  RG.

OH NO!! you've done it now. celebrated no crashes, you know it's murphy's law, look out for crashes. (hope I'm wrong though, I usually think great this is going good, then as soon as I think great. WOLLOP, I'm hit with a crash. but keep on going, one day soon iClone 6 will be stable like all the other versions had exactly the same problems to begin with, but RL gets there in the end. You know what'll happen as soon as we're happy with 6 along will come 7 and off we go again. Smile

Hi friends, I'm finally convinced and accepted my fortune that IC6 will not work in my laptop due to the video card, especially with batches 6.01 and afterwords, although my laptop having main video card is Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000, and GPU card is Nvidia GeForce GT 630M, which suppose to accept the working and performance of IC6.

I've tried many way to manipulate my laptop processes but all leads to the same crash issue, and the only possibilities left for me to use IC6 is to purchase a new PC/Laptop with higher capacity and performance capabilities, which unfortunately is not possible now because I just lost my job yesterday, I'll be halted now for some time until I find a new job and start saving Smile

I want to thanks Peter and all Reallusion Team for your continus support and the efforts you're doing to go through these issues, in the meantime I'll continue watch the learning videos and read the manual and try to grasp more knowledge on using IC6 until I'm able to use it with full Technology Energy and Performance Capabilities.
Chrissy, I see what I did that stopped the crashing (none today again). Normally when iClone starts up, it starts up with the 800x600 screen. I always change it (using the render controls) to 1920 x 1080, to get a real cropping feel, since there is no more full screen option. If I use this, then I crash just about with any input. I then checked my video driver to see if  they were up to date, and now I have the newest Beta driver, that didn't help. So now when I use iClone, I will keep my screen 800x600 to keep the workflow going. But rendering, I have to break up my videos in four parts, because it crashes at random frames. I try to keep them under 1200 frames @ 1920. Also like a few others said I'm really not happy with the MP4 quality now. I think it'll be a waste to try to load my projects in iClone5, because that MP4 quality was great. Why the step backwards in rendering, only Reallusion knows. I just hope they will work on that before iC7. Thanks... 
By prabhatM - 9 Years Ago
h_habash (6/23/2015)
Hi friends, I'm finally convinced and accepted my fortune that IC6 will not work in my laptop due to the video card, especially with batches 6.01 and afterwords, although my laptop having main video card is Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000, and GPU card is Nvidia GeForce GT 630M, which suppose to accept the working and performance of IC6.

I've tried many way to manipulate my laptop processes but all leads to the same crash issue, and the only possibilities left for me to use IC6 is to purchase a new PC/Laptop with higher capacity and performance capabilities, which unfortunately is not possible now because I just lost my job yesterday, I'll be halted now for some time until I find a new job and start saving Smile

I want to thanks Peter and all Reallusion Team for your continus support and the efforts you're doing to go through these issues, in the meantime I'll continue watch the learning videos and read the manual and try to grasp more knowledge on using IC6 until I'm able to use it with full Technology Energy and Performance Capabilities.

I like your approach.
Even if ICLONE does not work on your machine, you continue to watch video/ tutorials and stay in touch with the development. When your machine is ready for ICLONE, you will not feel stranger to the software and will get going immediately.
Keep it up.

By prabhatM - 9 Years Ago
rgreenidge (6/24/2015)
Chrissy, I see what I did that stopped the crashing (none today again). Normally when iClone starts up, it starts up with the 800x600 screen. I always change it (using the render controls) to 1920 x 1080, to get a real cropping feel, since there is no more full screen option. If I use this, then I crash just about with any input. I then checked my video driver to see if  they were up to date, and now I have the newest Beta driver, that didn't help. So now when I use iClone, I will keep my screen 800x600 to keep the workflow going. But rendering, I have to break up my videos in four parts, because it crashes at random frames. I try to keep them under 1200 frames @ 1920. Also like a few others said I'm really not happy with the MP4 quality now. I think it'll be a waste to try to load my projects in iClone5, because that MP4 quality was great. Why the step backwards in rendering, only Reallusion knows. I just hope they will work on that before iC7. Thanks... 

Till RL improves the MP4 output, keep using IMAGE SEQUENCE in PNG format. Your quality should remain intact even in IC6.

Thanx,
So is everybody having less problems with 6.11? I'm still on 6.03 which is rock solid and wondering if I should install the patch.
By justaviking - 9 Years Ago
hattori kun (6/26/2015)
So is everybody having less problems with 6.11? I'm still on 6.03 which is rock solid and wondering if I should install the patch.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I suggest you download the latest patch, but don't install it.  If you aren't needing any of the new functionality (fairly minor, to me) in the 6.11 patch, and you're stable and happy, leave things alone.  Then later, if you suddenly find a need for what the patch offers, you'll have it at your fingertips.

It looks like the 6.2 update is going to be really exciting for a lot of people.
By gtjames2000 - 9 Years Ago
I had a fully functioning I clone 6 pro and attempted to install patch 6.11 the most recent. When I went  to run patch it gave an error message that it could not find I clone 6 and it would terminate the patch install. No big deal  I am in a major project and will do the patch later only thing is now I clone 6 does not work at all, it will not start. So I just go to control panel and there is I clone 6 still on my computer and uninstall it, planning to do a fresh full install. Fresh install will not complete due to I have used my two seats apparently this uninstall did not register as an uninstall with RL. I am reluctant to do a deactivate due to planning on putting Windows 10 eventually on my Windows 7 Professional computer and some things seem to happen when you reinstall or change computer operating systems. Before I did the uninstall of I clone 6 I clone 6 still was in my program start-up but the desktop shortcut icon had vanished with the patch 6.11 attempt. I may very well do a deactivate so as to move on but feel what has happened was a result of trying ver 6.11 patch install and not a failure on my part or of my computer. Anyone else have this happen to them?
By gtjames2000 - 9 Years Ago
I had a fully functioning ICOne 6 on two computers; first one installed patch 6.11 and seems to be fine the second computer gave an error message "did not see ICone6 on the computer and terminated installation". I tried to start up iClone6 on the second computer and would not start up even though it was still showing in the startup menu and was still listed in the control panel and desktop startup icon was missing.
hattori kun (6/26/2015)

6.11 fixed some problems introduced in 6.1 (not being able to restore, I believe) and is stable for me. 6.1 fixed some issues with lights and that was important, so I upgraded.

@gtjames: I've has this happen once with iClone 5 and I had to deactivate. You have 10 deactivations, believe, and I think the will reset that number if you have a reasonable explanation.
But usually uninstallation will release an install seat, so if you move to Windows 10 and uninstall from Windows 7 first, you should be OK.

The other suggestion I have that may help out is to try and do a system restore. I did that when I had problems uninstalling and it didn't work unfortunately, but it is worth a try.

I installed it. BigGrin
SOS bug with the camara linking in 6.11.
https://forum.reallusion.com/240239/What-happen-with-the-camera-in-iC-6?Update=1#bm241319
By Grimhilda - 9 Years Ago
Hi everyone,
I haven't had much chance to use Iclone6 since I bought it at the time of release but I'm up to date with the latest version.
This weekend I wanted to start learning iclone6 in earnest but I'm having problems seeing the content which I know I installed because I've used some of it.
Within Iclone, I have lists of packages in a content folder called 'Not Installed' but when I try re-installing any of these I'm told that files of the same name already exist.  Then, if I go ahead, the package I've just re-installed remains in the 'Not Installed' folder - even if I re-start iclone.
I can look at the folders using Windows explorer and see other items that I installed but which don't show up in the content tabs of the iclone interface. 
I read everything I could here on the forums about bugs, issues and fixes but this doesn't seem to be happening to others.

Any help would be most welcome.

Grimhilda

Yes we all have that problem with 6. RL will someday fix that problem.
You are not alone....

By DELETED2 - 9 Years Ago
animagic (6/27/2015)
hattori kun (6/26/2015)

6.11 fixed some problems introduced in 6.1 (not being able to restore, I believe) and is stable for me. 6.1 fixed some issues with lights and that was important, so I upgraded.

Ditto!

Armstrong.
Thanks for your reply Bray2.
I did some deeper digging using Windows Explorer and found the content I knew I had installed.
I also saw which items I had installed more than once (because the 'Not Installed' content area in Iclone6 doesn't seem to refresh).  I deleted the duplicates and have been going through the 'Not Installed' folder and clicking on each item/pack to install.  This has been working well and I may manually delete the 'Not Installed' folder contents at the end of the process (Naturally, I'll keep a copy).

An issue I will have to deal with is that the 'Not Installed' folder doesn't show everything I bought for Iclone5 - which is on another computer.  For example, the 'Defeated Army' motion pack (It's called something like that).

I don't know whether I could just manually copy that over from my other computer?
Just to say that I found the 'Defeated Motions' in a sub-folder called 'Non-DRM items'.
Things are looking up!
Grimm

I don't know whether I could just manually copy that over from my other computer?
YES you can but check the file ext name, you may have to change that manually.
They changed that in 6. You may also be able to drag and drop files from 5 into 6 or Copy and paste a dir to its proper location.

The best thing to do is:
goto the member page or mkt place and re download the updated packs for 6. Many packs from 5 were re-fixed for 6.

There is a list of them somewhere here in the forum. IC6
By lpatter - 9 Years Ago
I installed Iclone 6.1 the day it was released and just got around to using it.
It is sooooooo sluggish and chews up battery like a pig. I have not read through the issues or know if there is a patch of 6.1.  I had tons of errors with it recognizing my keystrokes. All I was doing before was typing text file and emails.
I shut down the computer and it is a little better on the errors with the keystrokes but it seems to be sooooo sloooooow. It is now worse than the performance on my Iclone 5.
Hope there is a fix and not my fault. I want to take advantage of the speed and new features in the next 30 days.
Thanks for fixing everything so far.
This reply doesn't seem to recognize the paste command Ctrl-V. So I will type my computer specs

Lenovo Y50 gaming laptop Intel Core i7 4700 HQ (2.GHz) 16GB memory 1 TB HDD SSD NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 2 GB 15.6" Windows 8.1 64 bit

There was a 6.11 patch and I upgraded and my world is right-side up again!!!
One SHOULD ALWAYS check for updates before bothering OTHER people. But I forgot. My bad.
So I will BUY something.
I hope I can finally start using Iclone 6.

***** UPDATE *****
So I bought the Displacement building assets and Trenton at the after-release price as punishment for not reading before complaining.
It seems as if God has rewarded me for complaining. I LOVEEEEE Them.
SO I bought MORE stuff (gears from Mel Holden to add to my Wheels from W.Veeke) and I love those too.
I am waiting to buy something that disappoints me.

By etourist - 9 Years Ago
I have a completely brand new computer that I purchased specifically to run iClone 6. Purchased within the last month so everything is up to date (including all my drivers and iClone). Running iClone on Windows 8.1

The software works fine except if I have to access a windows explorer style file menu either through selecting something like 'Save File' in the File menu or trying to import a script (.wav) file etc. Anything that accesses a typical Explorer file Open/save window. Once I do that the program almost immediately crashes.

I think it may be because the windows are opening by default on my OneDrive files. Even the restore project window opens by default on my OneDrive.

Does anyone know if there is a registry entry I can change to restore the default location to somewhere on my local hard drive?

Failing that has anyone had a similar issue and found a resolution. I haven't been able to find anything by scanning this thread and doing key word searches on this forum.
Thanks Bray42 for your further help.
I have most things I need installed now.

Sorry, Etourist, I haven't used iclone6 often enough yet to see if this will be a problem for me (I too have bought a Windows 8.1 computer for Iclone).  I hope you get a solution.
etourist (6/30/2015)
I have a completely brand new computer that I purchased specifically to run iClone 6. Purchased within the last month so everything is up to date (including all my drivers and iClone). Running iClone on Windows 8.1

The software works fine except if I have to access a windows explorer style file menu either through selecting something like 'Save File' in the File menu or trying to import a script (.wav) file etc. Anything that accesses a typical Explorer file Open/save window. Once I do that the program almost immediately crashes.

I think it may be because the windows are opening by default on my OneDrive files. Even the restore project window opens by default on my OneDrive.

Failing that has anyone had a similar issue and found a resolution. I haven't been able to find anything by scanning this thread and doing key word searches on this forum.

I too had this problem, thanks to Zeronimo I got it resolved. It's an AlienRespawn problem, I just uninstalled AlienRespawn and all was well after that.

Christy0 (6/30/2015)

I too had this problem, thanks to Zeronimo I got it resolved. It's an AlienRespawn problem, I just uninstalled AlienRespawn and all was well after that.

Does this mean I have to install AlienRespawn so I can uninstall it? ;-)

Thanks for the letting me know I'm not the only one with this problem though.
My camera (not preview) does not change using Transform in the Modify panel. It does change but only frame 1, I'm at frame 200 and I'm changing all the numbers but it doesn't budge even if I Reset (Zero Out) but when I go to frame 1 that is where it zeroed out.
The Motion Editor still incorrectly shows the "Body Part Only" setting when the setting is actually the other option, whatever that's called. It seems to be specifically the case when you open the Motion Editor for the first time.
Camera problem update:
A restart of iClone took care of the problem so it was just a one off glitch.
By nat woi - 9 Years Ago
In ic6 the create face works great.  but there a  few points in the  when you lineing up the face that are not correct one is the bottom nose   it moves with the top lip  two the eye points "bottom left" does not move
Another problem partially but not quite fixed: if you do a "Save As" of the current project, it appears with the new name in the Content Manager, but the title bar still says "Project.iProject".

Also, when you save that new project, it will save it to Project.iProject, not to the name you gave it before. The only way to force the desired name is to select it in the Content manager and do an overwrite.
Christy0 (6/30/2015)
etourist (6/30/2015)

Thought I might give an update to my issue. Turns out it was the same problem as Christy0. AlienRespawn is a Backup and Recovery tool on new 'Alienware' computer systems. Dell computers have a similar tool called 'Dell Backup and Recovery' (hence why I'd never heard of AlienRespawn) which causes the same issue. Uninstalling it solves the problem with iClone. Not sure what you do if you actually use these recovery tools but for me it was no great loss.
By nat woi - 9 Years Ago
sky tool don't working now. thinking it has something to do with the sbar files  because adding textures to props don't work ither  we still beta testing  oh never mind there a opition to have the substance  feature enabled or not  that's   well  a pain not knowing  spent hours trying to figure it out

By Cricky - 9 Years Ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRSnJqRIUaQ&feature=youtu.be

Unique Materials are being applied on Sub-Prop Breakdown, even though they all use the same material on initial import to 3dXchange.  The "Affect all materials with the same name" option in iClone6 is not doing what is expected because of this breakdown.

A Support Request on this has already been sent.
By Cricky - 9 Years Ago
3dXchange6 - Sizing Field Error

https://youtu.be/VAcndk4o-EY

Submitted a Support Ticket on this already
Sometimes issues are not bugs rather inconveniences.

Would be really handy to have a fog bounding box to know why I input range numbers yet nothing happens. I play with it for 10 minutes seeing if I can see fog, nothing, then say the hell with it, it is now a clear day.

Camera position in not undoable when you are viewing as the camera.
Really frustrating.
Why is my scene not cropped properly?
I must have bumped the scroll wheel.
Undo
Nothing happened, wait, what? My sky is no longer the right color. I just adjusted it.
Redo
Now to readjust the camera I moved.
Locks camera.

Let me choose the default keyframe type.
Let me see the keyframe type. (different color or shape to the key)
Make the timeline layers narrower or even better, let me choose.

Ya know, small things.

There actually is a particle bounding box, that works for fog as well. To bring it up select the Show/hide icon in the Scene Manager.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d84167f8-0f14-428f-bec3-1890.png

You can now easily adjust the dimensions and the location of box that delimits the particle emission.
animagic (7/25/2015)
There actually is a particle bounding box, that works for fog as well. To bring it up select the Show/hide icon in the Scene Manager.

I mean the fog in the Visual section.

Dragonskunk (7/25/2015)
animagic (7/25/2015)

I mean the fog in the Visual section.

OK, I see. It would indeed be useful to have an indication.

By Rampa - 9 Years Ago
There does seem to be some issues with Speedtree with the Windows 10 upgrade which brings DirectX 12.

Another user is getting an error message saying the Speedtrees need DirectX 11, while they do load for me, but have no wind effects.

Let there be stillness! Ommmmmmmmm..........
By johnmuscutt - 9 Years Ago
I need help! I cannot get a satisfactory answer to a question I asked support over a week ago.
I am working on a follow up to a video I did a few weeks ago.
It is fairly busy with about 60 avatars dancing but my computer has coped well without slowing down too much.
After about a weeks work, saving to new files every hour or so, I shut down my computer and went out.
When I came back the last three files refused to load. The problem has persisted and I have been unable to load anything I have done since!
I have upgraded to a decent nvida card and 16 Gb of RAM.
I got rid of anything I didn't need like 'realtime smooth' trees and grass but it hasn't helped.
Is there a 'bug'? Am I the only one?
I wouldn't mind if the program crashed WHILST I was working on it to warn me I was trying to do too much but losing work has demoralised me to the point of wanting to give up!

By Cricky - 9 Years Ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U_0r1o7S1Q&feature=youtu.be

This is a definite error.  It appears using the Camera Switch and a Preview Camera at the same time causes a recording of KEY Frames for the Preview Camera; This should not be happening. 

F.Y.I.  Still running Win7 Ultimate as before. 

Reported to Support also.

RLD Missing in Win 10 after reinstall of IC 6

Anyone?
I can not download any files with "only the RLD option" now using Win 10...????
ALSO
When I installed IC6 again it did not use the path for the templates as I chose....all were in normal dir.

After my Win 10 upgrade.... I installed a new Samsung 840 EVO SSD 500gb and cloned my 750GB (2nd drive now) and then added my new 32GB Ram and then re-installed IC6
WOW...what speed in IC6 now!!!! Still checking for any problems and re-downloading my Speedtree files.

By thebiz.movies - 9 Years Ago
I have updated to 6.11.  The iCone icon in my start menu says I'm still at version 6.02.
Still getting joint rotation glitch with the shoulders and elbows, thigh and knee, when you rotate. As soon as it moves it snaps to another angle until you mouse up after a rotation. Only the gimbal snap rotates but not the bone.
G5 = operates properly
G6 = glitch
Non standard = glitch

The Look at Camera constraint doesn't seem to be working properly.
What I know is not working properly:
The character forgets to look at the camera or the character looks at the camera when it is in Set Free mode, the character needs a reminder every 3 seconds then you have to toggle to Set Free then toggle again to Look at Camera again just to keep the character looking at the camera. Same for the Set Free mode, when the head suddenly snaps to the camera then you have to toggle Look at Camera then Set Free just to keep it Set Free.

What I'm not sure but doesn't seem to make sense so I'll mention it:
When you have a camera but viewing in preview mode when you toggle in the timeline to Look at Camera the character looks at the preview camera instead of the camera.
Mouse visibility isn't showing but you can see the gimbal snaps whenever the arm is moved.
Joint rotation glitch:
By urbanlamb - 9 Years Ago
here is a bug ..basicaly i can't use iclone right now as a result

the tilt/rotate button icons and the numerical pad that opens up on the face puppet .. wont toggle off and you can't type any numbers.  Its only of course on the one i am using..  the custom 3dexchange button menu's for putting in expressions.  I also put in a support ticket .. as basically it makes the face puppet useless unless you like head rotations..  You try to click to turn it off or type in numbers and it unselects the icon that your using under custom.  

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/94520617-8e9c-4e7a-ba9f-ab2f.png