How To Install The Indigo RT Suite

Posted By Peter (RL) 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
prairiemain
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (892 reputation)Veteran Member (892 reputation)Veteran Member (892 reputation)Veteran Member (892 reputation)Veteran Member (892 reputation)Veteran Member (892 reputation)Veteran Member (892 reputation)Veteran Member (892 reputation)Veteran Member (892 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I had the same problems installing Indigo as many have reported here. My installation launched but it was a "Trial Version" with watermarks. This version of Indigo was not stated to be a "trial version" in any of the documentation but I held off getting angry because of previous experience installing (or trying to install) iClone products.

I followed the steps specified exactly during installation, including installing the Indigo Plugin first. The Indigo RT did not ask for a serial number and I made no effort to make it take one BigGrin

But that "Trail Version" with the watermarks was not going to do it for me.

So I uninstalled Indigo Plugin and RT via the Control Panel and reinstalled carefully, reading everything twice.

This installation worked but there is only one thing I changed.

When it prompts for the components to install, it lists a few plugins for Blender etc. During my first installation, ALL of these were checked -- I unchecked 3dsmax and sketchup because I don't have those on my system but left the others. I figured there was no harm leaving the Blender plugin checked since I have Blender. This time, I made certain nothing but the last two boxes were checked and that is the only thing I did differently.

My theory is that the Indigo RT installation is expecting to be installed for iClone only. If the other program plugin options are checked, it appears to think this is a generic trial install or something like that.

I did go into the iClone Plugin folder and set the program path. That step is not listed in the installation instructions but appears to be required on first run. I think I would fix that unless you love lots of frustrated posts at this forum.

I did a test render and it is working now -- no annoying watermarks. I have to add that Indigo is a massive, massive rendering improvement. iClone is getting serious.
Lawsuit Pending Records
Lawsuit Pending Records
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

iC6 installed and work perfectly all settings are correct and can send a image to Indigo all options available and it goes over and does the job, but can't get past the trial. I installed all the software in this exact order specified (More by chance than following the instructions listed here) Just to be sure I reinstalled the Indigo RT software via download link same thing.(Not the iC plugin as that appears to be functioning) In the licence code box there is an existing set of numbers and letters etc. specifying iClone RT user. I assume you put the licence key after the = sign ? If so then I'm getting nowhere just one big loop Ermm PS iC6 running latest patch 6.02. Any advice will be most helpful

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/992e4d8f-3217-4368-a94f-f808.jpg

iC5 Pipeline, iC6 Pipeline, CTA2 Pipeline, CTA Pro, Crazy Talk, Facefilter, POP. 
LAWSUIT PENDING RECORDS Label-Logos-Web Design-Artist Roster-Licensing - Flip type interactive magazine production
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Lawsuit Pending Records (2/24/2015)
iC6 installed and work perfectly all settings are correct and can send a image to Indigo all options available and it goes over and does the job, but can't get past the trial. I installed all the software in this exact order specified (More by chance than following the instructions listed here) Just to be sure I reinstalled the Indigo RT software via download link same thing.(Not the iC plugin as that appears to be functioning) In the licence code box there is an existing set of numbers and letters etc. specifying iClone RT user. I assume you put the licence key after the = sign ? If so then I'm getting nowhere just one big loop Ermm PS iC6 running latest patch 6.02. Any advice will be most helpful

Are you using our version of Indigo RT (called Indigo RT For iClone)?

If so then you need to enter the Indigo RT activation code during the installation of the Indigo Plugin. You don't enter the activation code into Indigo RT itself after installing it.

If you still have problems, please contact us at Support and we ill check all your serial numbers are working correctly.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Lawsuit Pending Records
Lawsuit Pending Records
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Hi Peter
I am using the Indigo for iClone version I received a iClone plugin and the Indigo RT for iClone software with a serial key for each. I used the serial key that was applicable to each obtained via my product information page Plugin was all Caps the Indigo RT was lower-case and numbers. I will try what you have put here and see how I go
Thanks

iC5 Pipeline, iC6 Pipeline, CTA2 Pipeline, CTA Pro, Crazy Talk, Facefilter, POP. 
LAWSUIT PENDING RECORDS Label-Logos-Web Design-Artist Roster-Licensing - Flip type interactive magazine production
leshenderson
leshenderson
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
When you see all those gibber-jabber numbers in the trial version of RT, just click okay and you'll be activated. There is no need to add additional key codes.

Unopened 2/3D Software Junkie - Asus M5A97 w/FX8320 +16 GB, Radeon R9 280.
Lawsuit Pending Records
Lawsuit Pending Records
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

HI

Removed the plugin and the Indigo RT Software. Installed again following the instructions to the letter. All appears to be correct. Now the plugin is missing completely from iC6 render drop down options (6.02) It was there before. Upon opening iC I was notified of the update for my invisible plugin and proceeded. In actual Indigo app it's still a trial. still licence error even though all key accepted on plug install. At least it's up to date

JC Weatherby
JC Weatherby
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
[Moderator Removed] - Posting profanity is against forum rules.

Finally took the plunge on 6 yesterday, and now dealing with this issue.

NO ACTIVATION KEY, Guys in any email. Hello! w00t

I have opened a Ticket with Support on this.

Again, for anyone else dealing with this:

Email 1:
Delivery information for "iClone Indigo Render Plugin"

Email 2:
Delivery information for "Indigo RT for iClone (only renders scenes that are exported by iClone)"

These emails contain ONLY SERIAL NUMBERS.

Email 1 says: "You may refer to the "Indigo RT for iClone" Order Email for the Activation Key."

But there is no Activation Key in the other email.

Additional FAQs suggest it is possible to install Indigo RT first, before installing the Plugin, and to somehow get around the Activation Key requirement... (which is against the recommendation of the first email, which says, "It is recommended that you first install the "iClone Indigo Render Plugin" prior to install the "Indigo RT for iClone.")

But because of the conflicting instructions, the lack of any Activation Code, and all of the problems raised in this forum I am not going to install anything until I hear back officially from Support.

Edited
9 Years Ago by JC Weatherby
JC Weatherby
JC Weatherby
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Reallusion Support kindly explained that the SERIAL NUMBER provided for the Indigo RT for iClone (not the PLUGIN), is in fact the ACTIVATION CODE/NUMBER, needed to install the Plugin.

I'd like to highlight that this WAS NOT explained in the email which accompanied the purchase. The email labeled the given number as the SERIAL NUMBER, not the ACTIVATION #.
msjaebea
msjaebea
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (929 reputation)Veteran Member (929 reputation)Veteran Member (929 reputation)Veteran Member (929 reputation)Veteran Member (929 reputation)Veteran Member (929 reputation)Veteran Member (929 reputation)Veteran Member (929 reputation)Veteran Member (929 reputation)

I don't know what I did the first time I install the plugin but i got that trial version.  Found this thread, uninstalled Indigo, rebooted and installed again and its perfect now.  I purchased yesterday and all serial numbers (activation keys) were there.  Having fun playing! BigGrin
Lawsuit Pending Records
Lawsuit Pending Records
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I tried everything for once I even followed the instructions,  it was like a revolving door In the end I went to Indigo and ended up sending the key to them. They gave me a new key and a download link for the software it appears mine was never going to work. They were very helpful :-)

Reading This Topic