Wishful Content

Posted By Peter (RL) 12 Years Ago
Rated 4 stars based on 1 vote.

Author
justaviking
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
Armstrong (7/31/2013)

OK! We have a superb landscape. We didn't have to even work on it.

It would be good it we could "stiffen" this so that it now does NOT flex about physically and allows itself to become terrain-ish.

Interesting concept.  Could you at that point turn off the soft-cloth  physics, thus "freezing" it?  Or export it and turn it into a hard prop?  An interesting idea worth exploring.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 31 minutes ago
Armstrong (6/17/2013)

============================== UPON REFLECTION===========================================

I've just noticed that despite my agonising struggle to document the Creation of an Architecturally accurate Jing, Qing and Yuan Chinese Dynasty garden........... there's a gaping failing.

Look at the Water. WHere are the draped Roses hanging from the Water Walkway?

The Dynamic Cloth in iClone doesn't reflect on the water. Oh Boy! I just don't believe it.  Crying

Why specifically the Dynamic Cloth. I use this because it moves in the wind like the real ones would have done as I imagined them to.

In the next version of iClone it would be good if we didn't embarrass ourselves to the Chinese with something as basic as the reflection of a prop. Unsure

I can tell you that the next version of iClone will see greater render options. This will allow you even greater creativity when building these types of scenes. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Spheroid and toroidal particle generator zones as well as the 4 planed sided ones please.

Thankyou.

P.S.

I can tell you that the next version of iClone will see greater render options. This will allow you even greater creativity when building these types of scenes.

And this is exciting.Cool

Edited
10 Years Ago by Armstrong
Grimhilda
Grimhilda
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Hi Armstrong,

As they say 'fools rush in where angels fear to tread'.  Your post about dynamic cloth not reflecting was made a long way back ... but ...

Is it possible that your cloth was only textured on one side and it was the 'blank' face that was (naturally) failing to reflect?

(Asked cringingly).

DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)

Grimhilda (1/25/2014)
Hi Armstrong, As they say 'fools rush in where angels fear to tread'.  Your post about dynamic cloth not reflecting was made a long way back ... but ...

Is it possible that your cloth was only textured on one side and it was the 'blank' face that was (naturally) failing to reflect? (Asked cringingly).

1. With the Reallusion forum having been around for approximately seven years and the total post count being several hundred thousand in total, and that many ofthe pioneering posts are no longer archived, it's therefpore feasable to assume that  failings may have been voiced more than once but more over that I cannot possibly have encountered or remembered them all collectievly.

In my favour, Reallusion are human too and therefore sometimes reminders , or, mor eimportantly, accumulative count on collectively suffered failings by thier customers, is an important memory nudge that may gain corrective measure in administering a more beneficial interface for us to work with that allows our failings corrected.

In theory.

2. Lgically, seeing that the plane used for the roses does not reflect, we can only say that because we a) see the roses from our given perspective and that b) the water does not mimick the inverted rendering.

Were it so that the plane was only 1 sided and that that plane didnt reflect therefore,  we would not be able to see the roses in the first place because it would be THAT plane/face that was inviisble to the water and embarrassment would not be suffered.
The fact that we CAN See the roses means that one of the tqwo faces of the cloth, even if the cloth has been set as one sided, IS rendered towards the camera, and that this rendered surface is therefore NOT copy-rendered on the surface representing water.

Sometimes alternate thinking and paralell thought dont walk hand in hand with logic. When they do and you couple this with imagination you end up with applications like iClone. I can only point out the simple things top Reallusion.
They cannot possibly be expected to put the software through every potential end case scenario to perfect areas of non conformace.

Armstrong.

Ascensi
Ascensi
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Support the Leap Motion controller to be able to mocap hand/finger movements if possible. Additionally I've seen some interesting Maya + leap motion demonstrations using the hand to puppet a character's face/expression so I also imagine the use of connecting the hand parts id's to a character's hand.

Store Page Link 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/906a14b0-c792-4382-99ee-7dfe.jpg
AMD 4.5 GHz 16 Cores  | 128 GB | RTX 4090 | Window11 | Houdini FX 18.5 | Zbrush 2023 | Maya 2014 | Adobe CS6 | Sonar Producer X3 | iC8, CC4 | DTS Master Audio Suite | Perception Neuron 32 Alum Edition | Akeytsu 

DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

More primitives.  Much more primitives.

Branchlike primitives.
Bough like primitives.
Coils and coiled spheres.
Triangulars, diamondoids and hexagonals and dodecahedronics.

Rocklike angularities and randomly shaped stonelike sheets like sheer land cliff faces formations we can build land with.

Cliff face like sheets with the ability to super res tex them all. So nice and big too.

Curved shapes. Smoothly angular shapes like walls and floors.

DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

One element is badly missing from content.

We have avatars and monster packs where we can lipsync speech to.

What we do NOT have is a simple mouth, or suite thereof, whereby we can add the mouth to a prop, add some eyes from the monster pack and we have any prop as an avatar that has speech capability. ANY prop.

WE NEED MOUTHS. They're missing. Smile

iClonia.com           iCloneTutorials.com         iClonia Blog