Profile Picture

Wishful Content

Posted By Peter (RL) 9 Years Ago
Rated 4 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
rcbeltz
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Re: Wishful Content. I would love to see someone develop a series of heavy equipment and construction site animation elements. Specifically, dozers, excavators, skid-loaders and the ability to place and use them in situations related to earthmoving, demolition, and other "construction site" activities. If someone is interested in creating these much needed features and needs help to explore/explain specific issues, I'd be happy to participate. I can be contacted at rcbeltz@gmail.com if I can be of any assistance. Thanks, Randy
stevew
stevew
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
My wishes.

1. Iclone 6 for Mac....
2.When editing values allow tab to next field. ( I have to press enter and use the mouse to get to the next field).
3. Floating toolbars for all windows.
4. Drill down search in all the menus (props - animations etc). On the name & desc of props.
5. Timeline. Hover over keyframes show info in popup. (frame no - action - value etc).
6. Hot keys for play control. stop fast forward - jump to. More start stop points eg.
(5 -6 more in line with how a music sequencer works. eg press 6 to goto to bookmark 6).
7. Run multiple instance os the app. This would be great to test a sequence of events without the overload of your main project. Then simply copy and paste into the main project.
8. Same export video formats for 32 & 64 bit.
9. Export directly to youtube - vimeo - sharing etc.
10. Basic settings / preferences. Open last file - list of last opened file - auto save with version numbering (select number of saves and timing.
11. Grouping of objects and set all values at once. I have just done a project with 20 dice that I needed to set visible on off at the same time at different frames. I had select each dice turn off/on very tedious.

Cheers

SteveW
Shaky
Shaky
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
When using the edit motion layer, we can lock the hands and feet. I would also like to be able to lock all joints. For example, I would like to move the elbow onto a table and lock it there, then move the hand or shoulder into the position I want without the elbow moving. That would be great thanks. Smile Also, if I am building a set, I would like to lock the time line to frame 1. Time after time I get done build something just to find that my time line was not on 1. It's a real drag to have to go and remove animation from everything. And if the set is large, it can make the program crash.
Edited
7 Years Ago by Shaky
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (24.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.5K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
Just to make sure that these ideas don't get lost: this is the Wishful Content topic. You may want to repost in another Wishful Features topic.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1f3bed13-1788-45e1-9ace-4fd0.jpg

Edited
7 Years Ago by animagic
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (30.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (30.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (30.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (30.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (30.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (30.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (30.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (30.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (30.0K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
Shaky (8/4/2014)
When using the edit motion layer, we can lock the hands and feet. I would also like to be able to lock all joints. For example, I would like to move the elbow onto a table and lock it there, then move the hand or shoulder into the position I want without the elbow moving. That would be great thanks. Smile Also, if I am building a set, I would like to lock the time line to frame 1. Time after time I get done build something just to find that my time line was not on 1. It's a real drag to have to go and remove animation from everything. And if the set is large, it can make the program crash.

You can't do every bone, but there are 15 you can lock. Locking is also called "pinning". Think of it as "pinning in place", rather than "to something". There are 2 check boxes for setting pinning of translation and rotation. A "T", or an "R", or both will show in the circle indicator of the pinned bone.

The little lock symbols are just a quick way to check/un-check those boxes on the hands and feet.

Now, if we just had 15 reach targets........
Edited
7 Years Ago by rampa
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (18.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (18.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (18.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (18.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (18.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (18.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (18.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (18.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (18.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
rampa (8/5/2014)
Shaky (8/4/2014)

You can't do every bone, but there are 15 you can lock. Locking is also called "pinning". Think of it as "pinning in place", rather than "to something". There are 2 check boxes for setting pinning of translation and rotation. A "T", or an "R", or both will show in the circle indicator of the pinned bone.

The little lock symbols are just a quick way to check/un-check those boxes on the hands and feet.

Two questions:

1) Where do you lock the 15 joints?  On the "Edit Motion" panel you can do hands and feet.  Where would you do elbow, knee, or shoulder?

2) Is there any technique to lock something after the fact?  I'll elaborate...

Avatar had hands on table.  You move him around, but forgot the "Lock" the hands, so they move and rotate a bit.  After carefully doing all the other work, can you now go back and make the hand stay in one spot?

For example:  See this video at 4:20 to 4:28.  I'd like the right hand to "stick" to the door.  I simply forgot about the "lock" and I manually positioned the hand back into the correct postion in a few places Blush, but it still moves around some as the shoulder moves.

This link should start the video at the correct location.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=AnASRNU8vn4#t=258

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 7, i7-3770k CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 16GB RAM, Asus P8Z77-V Pro motherboard, 1TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (30.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (30.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (30.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (30.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (30.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (30.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (30.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (30.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (30.0K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
Hi JVK,

In the "Edit Motion Layer" panel, on the left is the figure with the 15 little circles, and on the right are a few options, and the hand controls. Notice that some of the circles have "T","R", or both in them. Select any circle (including the ones with locks) and you can enable/disable the lock for both the "T" (translation) and "R" (rotation) with the check boxes on the right labeled "Pinning"

I think that a reach target would be the best solution for keeping Pin's hand firmly set. Add a dummy prop about where you want his hand to be, and enable reach target for his right hand with it reaching for the dummy prop. You'll need to enable "rotation" for the reach. "Rotation" will lock his hand to the dummy, which you then can rotate to position and move Pin's hand.

Reach targets override everything else AFAIK.
Edited
7 Years Ago by rampa
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (18.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (18.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (18.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (18.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (18.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (18.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (18.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (18.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (18.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
@Rampa,

Double-thanks.

I guess my eyes were so focused on the "padlock" icons I didn't think about the other things.

The "reach" idea sounds like a great solution to lock his hand in place after-the-fact.

I sure did feel foolish when I "rediscovered" the locks on the Edit Motion panel.  I hadn't done a lot of "real" animation before doing my Pinhead project (I mostly played around with individual controls without a specific goal in mine) so I tended to forget about some of the useful features until after I'd already done things the hard way.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 7, i7-3770k CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 16GB RAM, Asus P8Z77-V Pro motherboard, 1TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Shaky
Shaky
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
rampa (8/5/2014)
Shaky (8/4/2014)

Okay, now I will have to go and play with that. I hope it doesn't make me go blind. ;-) Thanks! It's amazing the things I miss.
Step Animations
Step Animations
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I would like iclone to add the feature of modelling, so we can create characters and props from scratch easily. Or we can morph them like Daz studio for example. Secondly, I would like to see a new facial animation feature like the upcoming Facerig( you can search it on google), so we could animate lips and head of the characters by using a webcam at the same time. At last, iclone has the fastest rendering process comparing to other 3d softwares (correct me if i'm wrong), but I would like to see higher quality to the exported media. These are my wishesSmile

Reading This Topic