Profile Picture

My mocap device is not being recognized

Posted By kcanache 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
kcanache
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (383 reputation)Senior Member (383 reputation)Senior Member (383 reputation)Senior Member (383 reputation)Senior Member (383 reputation)Senior Member (383 reputation)Senior Member (383 reputation)Senior Member (383 reputation)Senior Member (383 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I installed the mocap device plugin and connected my kinect mocap device into the usb port. I opened the Mocap Driver Plugin Program and click on Connect but I get this message:
Connecting to Mocap Device
Initiation fail. (65565BigGrinevice not found)

I checked in my PC under Device Manager/PrimeSense/Kinect Motor and apparently there is a problem with the driver:

Description:
Windows was able to successfully install device driver software, but the driver software encountered a problem when it tried to run. The problem code is 39.

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Users\kcanache\AppData\Local\Temp\DMI23A8.tmp.log.xml
C:\Windows\inf\oem98.inf

What did I do wrong? Hehe
Thanks.
Keith_MPS
Keith_MPS
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Is your Kinect plugged into a power outlet?

The Kinect which comes with the XBox doesn't include a power adapter. If you bought the Kinect in a box by itself, it should come with one, though.

The Kinect has to be plugged into a power outlet via the power adapter in order to work on a computer.

It looks like this: http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/09/kinect-standalone-power-supply-now-available-from-microsoft/

- Keith
Edited
13 Years Ago by gnasche
kcanache
kcanache
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (383 reputation)Senior Member (383 reputation)Senior Member (383 reputation)Senior Member (383 reputation)Senior Member (383 reputation)Senior Member (383 reputation)Senior Member (383 reputation)Senior Member (383 reputation)Senior Member (383 reputation)

Yes I did; I bought the stand alone kinect sensor that comes with the AC adapter. I'll check anyways the power outlet once I get home from work! to make sure it's not my power outlet. Smile
thanks.
brand468
brand468
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Hi, I have the same problem after installed the included driver.

I then installed this package, Brekel OpenNI Kinect Auto Installer – Developer Editionv1.3.2.3.exe

And now Kinect works fine Smile

My computer: Intel i7-7700K 4.2Hhz 64Gb, Windows 10, GeForce GTX 1080 + GeForce GTX 1070, Phillips monitor 40" 4K  3840x2160 + 2x28" 

aussienat2000
aussienat2000
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (677 reputation)Veteran Member (677 reputation)Veteran Member (677 reputation)Veteran Member (677 reputation)Veteran Member (677 reputation)Veteran Member (677 reputation)Veteran Member (677 reputation)Veteran Member (677 reputation)Veteran Member (677 reputation)

Last Active: 13 Years Ago
I have the same problem and messgaes
aussienat2000
aussienat2000
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (677 reputation)Veteran Member (677 reputation)Veteran Member (677 reputation)Veteran Member (677 reputation)Veteran Member (677 reputation)Veteran Member (677 reputation)Veteran Member (677 reputation)Veteran Member (677 reputation)Veteran Member (677 reputation)

Last Active: 13 Years Ago
I downloaded the software mentioned above and now it operates
kcanache
kcanache
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thanks brand468 but still not working for me Unsure
I installed the above package but still getting the same message.
I'm running on Windows Vista 64bit.

Am I doing something wrong?
1. I installed Mocap Device Plugin from Reallusion
2. I plugged in the Kinect Sensor into the USB port.
3. I was asked to insert the disk... but I don't have a disk, so I choose to find it on c: - A Kinet Motor driver was installed.
4. I opened the Mocap Device Plug-in v1.0 software and clicked on Connect but it cannot connect to the Kinect Sensor.

5. I tried installing the package Brekel OpenNI Kinect Auto Installer - Developer Edition v1.3.2.3 to try out something else but no luck.

Note: the light on the ac power adapter is on, but not light on the kinect sensor (It's supposed to blink or anything??? or that happens after connecting through the Mocap Device Plugin???)

Also on the setup instructions on Reallusion's website says:
"Once you have finished the installation and activated the required drivers, then go to the iClone5 program folder and launch the Mocap Device server (mocapserver.exe)"
Is that Mocap Device Server different from Mocap Device Plug-in or it's the same thing?

Edited
13 Years Ago by kcanache
brand468
brand468
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Hi,

First you start "Mocap Device Plug-in v1.0" and press connect and do the calibrate process and leave it open.

Then start iClone an insert a actor.

Got animation- motion and press Device Mocap to the right.  

My computer: Intel i7-7700K 4.2Hhz 64Gb, Windows 10, GeForce GTX 1080 + GeForce GTX 1070, Phillips monitor 40" 4K  3840x2160 + 2x28" 

shygirl
shygirl
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
 Hi kcanache,

If you have the Mocap Device Plugin from Reallusion, you don't need to install Brekel OpenNI Kinect Auto Installer.  The device plugin installs everything you need.  Also, The Kinect sensor should light up as soon as you connect the USB.

I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling but if no light is appearing on your Kinect sensor, it may be a faulty unit.  Prime Sense should also show in your device manager and the drivers should be up to date after install of Mocap Device plugin.

Hope this helps.

Shy

"O wad some Power the gift tae gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!"

Edited
13 Years Ago by shygirl
brand468
brand468
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

shygirl (9/28/2011)
 Hi kcanache,

If you have the Mocap Device Plugin from Reallusion, you don't need to install Brekel OpenNI Kinect Auto Installer.  The device plugin installs everything you need.  Also, The Kinect sensor should light up as soon as you connect the USB.

I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling but if no light is appearing on your Kinect sensor, it may be a faulty unit.  Prime Sense should also show in your device manager and the drivers should be up to date after install of Mocap Device plugin.

Hope this helps.

Shy

Hi Shy,

I tried the plugin from Reallusion, but it did not work on my computer.
Worked perfect when i install the other software package. Same thing on my laptop.Unsure

Reading This Topic