Draw & Paint for CrazyTalk Animator

Posted By Visconti 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Visconti
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago

Empower your CrazyTalk Animator creations with Drawplus X4's professional draw and paint capabilities. DrawPlus X4 from Serif is not only a fully-featured graphics tool, but also a proven content design pipeline for CrazyTalk Animator. It brings data compatibility and ease-of-use to CrazyTalk Animator designers, as it saves time and effort on full scale Adobe Flash and Photoshop projects. With DrawPlus X4, now you can combine the power of image paint, vector draw and animated Flash content (SWF) in one complete toolbox.

http://www.reallusion.com/crazytalk/animator/animator_drawplus.aspx
http://www.reallusion.com/crazytalk/Animator/help/animator/DrawPlus/Default.html
http://www.reallusion.com/crazytalk/animator/animator_drawplus_video.aspx

Visconti
Forum Moderator

Reallusion, Inc.
https://forum.reallusion.com

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
2 questions...  If we already have a suite of graphics apps, there's no real incentive to get this app, right?  No direct pipeline, since it's still uses SWFs and regular images for props, etc...

And two, what's the licensing for this app, as restrictive as CTA's license?

Want a good complimentary app for use with CTA, a sprite character builder or importer outside of building individual pieces, and tediously importing and re-positioning meticulously...

RicksWorks
RicksWorks
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I have Xara DP6 Pro, Photoshop CS4/5 and Flash Professional. I have found that the easiest way to do vector characters has been with Anime Pro 7. The bone rigging system works great and there is no need to break anything up in order to animate it. I do find CTA easier to use, but very difficult to design custom characters... still have no idea how to create my own out of photographs. I get the vector part just not the photograph part using real people and clothes. Gotta be an easier way...

Rick Owens

Paumanok West
Paumanok West
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Looks good to me!

I don't think after the huge investment Reallusion has made in its product line, they are going to officially recommend we use a second-rate graphics editor from another vendor--not to mention, officially selling it. That would be like selling junker cars on your Porsche lot!

The demo video suggests to me that the app is designed for efficiency in preparing designs for CTA. The feature list is very exciting, and the special rate for CTA users sounds like an incredible deal.

However, I'm sure you're right when you say this application quickly needs to be upgraded to integrate tightly with the CTA character creation process.

General Picture - animating now to life itself(tm)
Member of Content Wizards
Edited
13 Years Ago by Paumanok West
Cricky
Cricky
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I've used Drawplus for some years now...and it will produce what the demo shows. There is a learning curve, but it is very similar to The CTA user interface. The Serif company is top notch in providing support also.

For those of you who want to Give a Drawplus exported SWF file a try, I have uploaded a file for you to test with...

The download link will expire 30 April, 2011.

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
Edited
13 Years Ago by Cricky
bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
I use DrawPlus X3 and DrawPlus before that Serif software is excellent and I find DrawPlus to be one of the few software programs I would describe as fun to use.

However, I'm sure you're right when you say this application quickly needs to be upgraded to integrate tightly with the CTA character creation process.

Now if Serif and RL got together to make DrawPlus the graphics editor of choice for Animator WOW ......

Head took 5 mins to make in DrawPlus x3

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin

Edited
13 Years Ago by bluemidget666
Galfridus
Galfridus
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Like Bluemidget, I too have Drawplus X3. I also have Serifs excellent value publisher workhorse PagePlus X5. Very satisfied with both products.

Serif offer simple starter versions, based on limited features from earlier editions of their software range, for free. (These are not time restricted trials).

Take a look here http://www.serif.com/FreeDownloads/

Have fun.

Geoff.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ba17ca1f-2bbe-4b61-819c-6bdf.png

vidi
vidi
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
is this features "creating windows of soul" possible to create with draw plus?

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

adieaf6
adieaf6
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (345 reputation)Senior Member (345 reputation)Senior Member (345 reputation)Senior Member (345 reputation)Senior Member (345 reputation)Senior Member (345 reputation)Senior Member (345 reputation)Senior Member (345 reputation)Senior Member (345 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I have been using Drawplus x4 with CrazyTalk for ages with great sucess.

It is good to see Reallusion (Real dreadful licensing policy) realising the potential of Serif software, belatedly.

I am somewhat concerend for Serif though as they are a courteous and excellent organisation who are always ready to negotiate the price of software (dont accept the first offer) and who adopt the same licensing policy as Sony and Toon Boom etc etc etc! I hope that they do not adopt some of the faults of Reallusion by association.

:-)
peteradam6
peteradam6
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I don't understand the bizarre bitching here about unspecified "licensing issues". Reallusion has always been very clear that the content is royalty-free to use and sell in your productions. Anything you can create in Drawplus would be the same. It's no different than any Adobe software tools in that respect. You own the media that you make with it.

Drawplus has taken quite a while to get up to speed (I mean what - they've only just introduced support for pressure-sensitive pads with X4?) but now they seem to have made it with X4.

The $50 Reallusion price for Drawplus X4 is reasonably attractive for those outside the USA, and even after tax is added it's around two thirds of what you'd have to pay on Amazon UK (£61.19). And about a tenth of what you would pay for Adobe Illustrator, even before you bought the training DVDs and books you'd need to really learn Illustrator.

However, the Amazon USA price for the Drawplus X4 boxed DVD edition is $39.99, so you'd be paying $10 more if you purchased it from Reallusion.

Adopting Drawplus is a good move from Reallusion. I'm looking forward to a 20 minute pipeline tutorial that shows exactly how to make a complete set of facial features in Drawplus, and get them onto a figure in CrazyTalkAnimator.

| iClone 5 Pro | 3DXchange 4 Pro | popVideo Converter 2 | CrazyTalk 6 Pro | CrazyTalk Animator Pro |

Reading This Topic