NEW Reallusion Statement on CTA Licensing Issue

Posted By Peter (RL) 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Dear CrazyTalk Animator Users,

Since the launch of the next generation of CrazyTalk, we have been closely monitoring the feedback from our users in order to ensure that this software meets the high standards expected from Reallusion products.  The CrazyTalk series has gained a reputation for being user-friendly and fun to use, and has been adopted by an exceptional number of both novice and veteran animators from across the globe.

Previously, new copies of CrazyTalk Animator were only able to install on a single computer at a time.  Being that this licensing method is standard industry practice, Reallusion decided to adopt it for the release of CrazyTalk Animator.  However after considering our user feedback and participating in internal discussions, we understand sometimes single users might need to use the software in more than one computer for varying purposes. Reallusion would like to make things easier for users, so a slight adjustment to this current software restriction is in order.

Therefore for the convenience of our users, we have decided to allow for up to TWO simultaneous installs on separate computers.  This means that you may install one copy of CrazyTalk Animator on two separate computers without issue. 

We would like to reinforce that this does not constitute a change in the original CrazyTalk policy outlined in the EULA.  The policy remains a “single-user license”, as in use on more than one computer will require an additional license. 

If users would like to purchase an additional permanent license, they may do so at a 10% discount by utilizing the available options in the shopping cart or premium page.  If users need a larger amount of licenses, they may purchase a volume license from this page: http://www.reallusion.com/purchase_licensing.asp

Users who require multiple licenses in order to exchange content for shared projects etc. can get a workgroup license here: http://www.reallusion.com/volumelicense/workgroup/default.asp

Best Regards

Reallusion, Inc.

27th January 2010

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
I take my hat off to you RL...

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin
yaRincewind
yaRincewind
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
These are truly great news Smile

My congratulations for RL. I hope in iClone 5 it will be the same...

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Danke für Flex - Haare und Kleidung, die nicht durch den Avatar gehen !

duchess110
duchess110
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
This is wonderful news for a lot of users. Most Company's would just have said tuff thats the rules like it or leave it.

At least Reallusion take the trouble to listen to its customers needs and requests and amend the rules accordingly.

Unlike Autodesk with whom I am doing battle at the moment trying to get an older version of max 2009 reactivated its answer is pay another years subscriptions £450 for the privilage or you will have to stick with the 2010 version last registered.

So well done Reallusion for listening and helping your customers.

Duchess Designs Store 

m1ke
m1ke
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Peter - many thanks indeed to you and RL for not only listening, but acting.  And sooner rather than later

Not sure how it will work yet (de-activation on one machine and re-activation on the other?), but it is truly appreciated certainly by me, and I'm sure by all those who work on two separate PCs - one at a time!

I don't think anyone could ask for more.  I sincerely hope RL now reap the benefits of their decision with an increase in support.

Mike

Edited
13 Years Ago by m1ke
InfoCentral
InfoCentral
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
duchess110 (1/27/2011)
This is wonderful news for a lot of users.MostCompany's would just have said tuff thats the rules like it or leave it.

That's pretty much what they have been saying. I'm glad they finally changed their minds!
qdai
qdai
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
m1KE (1/27/2011)
I don't think anyone could ask for more. I sincerely hope RL now reap the benefits of their decision with an increase in support.

Mike

So well done Reallusion for listening and helping your customers.

My applause, thank you and kind regards are added to those above. Companies that are responsive to the needs of their customers earn loyalty and continued patronage. Proving they are one of those companies, I hope RL experiences the bounty of their customers' gratitude.

However (I know, I know...but, there is a however), if the requirement to be online during install and the 5 install/uninstall limit is still in place, there is still a fly in the ointment.

Being online during any installation is a security risk. The problem: you can scan install files for viruses before installation and then install; but, if installation requires an internet connection - then, files NOT scanned can be downloaded and installed without the installer's knowledge. Now, if you can install first, and then go online later to activate, then there is no problem. The opposition is only to having to be online while the program installs.

Lastly, a 5 install/uninstall limit is taking the software industry standard of a perpetual license and turning it into a temporary license. You might as well install a termination/self destruct switch. Can't speak for others but I'm not interested in temporary software unless it is time sensitive and has value added like a subscription to daily/hourly updates for firewall/virus protection.
Darren01
Darren01
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
thanks RL for listening to our feedback
Whilst I don't own a copy of CT5, I do suspect this license condition will apply to the next iClone release which did have me worried.

2 simultaneous installs is very fair, much appreciated

thanks guys Smile

Edited
13 Years Ago by Darren01
animagic
animagic
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 10 minutes ago
As I have been among the past complainers, I would like to thank RL for this change of heart.

@gdai - a lot of creative and other software I'm using requires an internet connection for activation, so RL is not exceptional in this regard. Life is risky...

As to the five times install and uninstall, unless this is different from current iClone practice I always understood this to mean that you use one install when you install (obvious...), but that you get credited one install when you uninstall AND are connected to the internet, making this still perpetual. Maybe somebody can confirm this.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

qdai
qdai
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
animagic (1/28/2011)
...@gdai - a lot of creative and other software I'm using requires an internet connection for activation, so RL is not exceptional in this regard. Life is risky...

I explained that the problem was not with online activation. Installation is a different process than activation. You can install a program offline and then go online later to activate. The problem is if you are required to be online to install not to activate.

animagic (1/28/2011)
...As to the five times install and uninstall, unless this is different from current iClone practice I always understood this to mean that you use one install when you install (obvious...), but that you get credited one install when you uninstall AND are connected to the internet, making this still perpetual. Maybe somebody can confirm this.

I did not understand it this way. I understood it to mean that you have 5 installs and 5 uninstalls, period. Perhaps you are right. Maybe RL can clarify.

Reading This Topic