Optimize 3D models: Atangeo Balancer

Posted By atangeo 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
planetstardragon
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
yeah, they both have melt modifiers, very easy to use too. Thats one of things i want to test in the future, i suspect i can bake those animations on to a prop, and be able to import the deformation without the need of importing bones. Was just looking at the 3DX4 help file, and one example they gave was of a teapot enlarging and shrinking. Hence animated deformation without bones!

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

hrmm, i like both techniques, this new one seems good for patchwork, where as the first one seems good for starting fresh. sounds like the difference of someone designing a model and someone who needs to get the model done an hour ago! heh!

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

ya, thats why i thought the 2nd one was the get it done quick job, because the first one seems focus on the point you started with, optimizing the uv for best performance. But will learn 2nd first though, the file is very low poly so i can afford a resource hog for edumicational purposes!!

vidi
vidi
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
lease don't confuse "Poly Reduction" with "Optomizing Models!"

"Poly Reduction" shows an increase in performance!
"Optimized Models" show a MASSIVE increase in performance!

It's nice to see others learning how to improve performance...
but in order to maximize your effors.... OPTIMIZE THE UV'S!

Oh I'm Sorry, I have forgotten to write.
There is a easy "push the button" in the DAZ Studio 4 pro Version, for the rest of us.BigGrin

Soon I will show how to easy to do it is. Smile

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

animagic
animagic
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
vidi (3/21/2012)
Oh I'm Sorry, I have forgotten to write.
There is a easy "push the button" in the DAZ Studio 4 pro Version, for the rest of us.BigGrin

Soon I will show how to easy to do it is. Smile

Looking forward to that! I know sw00000p's method is more sophisticated, but perhaps it's best to start simple, speaking as a "Director"...Ermm

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

ya, but options for both should be available. remember, this is still entry level, it's just easier to change a texture for pants, one for shirt, one for shoes, etc.. the whole concept behind iclone is to have presets / templates and easy buttons for new animators. making the uv 1 big piece makes it more difficult for a new animator to do unique textures. Right now, you select the pants, give it a jeans texture and call it a day! you pay for that in performance. when something is made easier, something else has to pay! nothing is free, not even easy buttons! Tongue

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

ya , but vidi is not an inexperienced animator, i'm talking about the person who see's animation for the first time and says wow cool, can i try ? these are the guys without the photoshop that think blender is for fruitdrnks, messiah is a religious thing, 3DS max is the theatre with the big fancy screens and a UV map is something you read in a pick up truck!

Edited
12 Years Ago by planetstardragon
animagic
animagic
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
Actually, I don't really have too many performance problems. And sometimes I make use of the fact that textures are separate to animate them independently. Examples in my upcoming movie...

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

colour
colour
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
That's meWink
planetstardragon (3/21/2012)
ya , but vidi is not an inexperienced animator, i'm talking about the person who see's animation for the first time and says wow cool, can i try ? these are the guys without the photoshop that think blender is for fruitdrnks, messiah is a religious thing, 3DS max is the theatre with the big fancy screens and a UV map is something you read in a pick up truck!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

chakap
chakap
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (383 reputation)Senior Member (383 reputation)Senior Member (383 reputation)Senior Member (383 reputation)Senior Member (383 reputation)Senior Member (383 reputation)Senior Member (383 reputation)Senior Member (383 reputation)Senior Member (383 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Hey I'm looking to hire a 3D modeler to create 2 characters for my project. If anyone is interested please reply to northstarrecordings@yahoo.com

Reading This Topic