Profile Picture

Optimize 3D models: Atangeo Balancer

Posted By atangeo 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
atangeo
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (460 reputation)Senior Member (460 reputation)Senior Member (460 reputation)Senior Member (460 reputation)Senior Member (460 reputation)Senior Member (460 reputation)Senior Member (460 reputation)Senior Member (460 reputation)Senior Member (460 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 13 Years Ago
Atangeo Balancer is a popular tool to optimize and simplify 3D models.
Its exceptional performance and a novel user interface allow finding
perfect balance between visual appearance and the number of polygons,
quickly and easily. Balancer utilizes a high quality polygon reduction
(aka mesh simplification or decimation) to preserve the visual
appearance of your model. The model features, normals, texture
coordinates, layer boundaries are all honored by Balancer.
Balancer also features fast and effective triangle reordering to
speed up rendering by optimal utilization of GPU vertex cache.

Check it out, all your feedback is highly appreciated.
Hope you will find Balancer useful.

Atangeo Balancer technology is also available as an SDK,
which is 32bit and 64bit binary libraries for both Windows and Mac OS X.

Link: http://www.atangeo.com/

atangeo
atangeo
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (460 reputation)Senior Member (460 reputation)Senior Member (460 reputation)Senior Member (460 reputation)Senior Member (460 reputation)Senior Member (460 reputation)Senior Member (460 reputation)Senior Member (460 reputation)Senior Member (460 reputation)

Balancer has many unique features:

- It guarantees preservation of all the model features including simplification of mutual boundaries of layers/submeshes/parts. This for examples guarantees the resulting simplified model does not have GAPS between layers/submeshes.

- It has very high quality of triangles, simultaneously on all the levels, and still very good preservation of the original surface shape.

- It allows to fine tune the simplification results by locking vertices.

- It has a novel UI to easily pick the desired level/resolution.

- And it is very very fast and works easily with very large models.

You are welcome to try it yourself.

Best regards,
atangeo

atangeo
atangeo
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

I thought that the answer was obvious, and you was looking for why's Smile
atangeo
atangeo
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Yes, Balancer is superior to Pro Optimizer.

Sorry for implicit answers Smile

Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Ah balancer.

I can actuaally say that this is a great piece of software and no, the OP is not paying me to say this.

It does work really well.

Here, I'll post some examples.

The first picture is the original model... it's over400,000 polygons... WAAAY over that...

The second picture was rendered in iClone and is about 43,000 polygons.

The second pic's shader is SLIGHTLY different as I couldn't get the exact same lighting and it's a different camera angle, but it's the same model... just reduced with Balancer.

I don't know how 3DS does it and I hae Lightwave as well and that also may do it, but when all I wanna do is reduce a shape, Balancer is a pretty quick app and really easy to fiture out too.

I'd just give it a shot and see what it can do... you being a Max user though, you may not need it. But I can say that it's been very useful.

----------------------------------------------------
***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

Player not working? Use this link.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Creation begins at the core.
Attachments
Crystal gear.jpg (552 views, 492.00 KB)
Virix realtime.jpg (468 views, 321.00 KB)
atangeo
atangeo
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thanks guys for trying Balancer out and for the feedback!

Balancer comes now with both 32 bit and 64 bit binaries
on both Windows and Mac OS X. Link: http://www.atangeo.com/

BTW, here there is a nice comparison of Balancer against some 'Real 3D app's at the Luxology forums:

http://forums.luxology.com/discussion/topic.aspx?id=40386

Edited
14 Years Ago by atangeo
vidi
vidi
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I tried today . It is easy to use and work very well w00t. Just what I search for my development.
Thank you atangeo for your promo here. Smile

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

warlord720
warlord720
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
I have used Balancer for quite a while now and really do like it. It reduces the models overhead while maintaining good form of the model its reducing. I find it compliments the other 3D apps I use quite nicely. I've been able to get very good results with models created in Vue and Max and I haven't even downloaded the latest version yet. For my taste it is superior to the modifiers in Max and makes Vue meshes much easier to work with in low poly environments. Very, very simple to use.

--------------------------------------------------
I LIVE to anymate, irritate and machinamate. Not necessarily in that order.

atangeo
atangeo
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Balancer 1.2 is available!
Now you can control face densities for selective reduction rate of
different groups/meshes/sub-meshes. For example, you can set
density of 5 to the head group of your model, to increase the density
of the head vertices roughly 5 times.
See this user guide page here: http://www.atangeo.com/guide/density

Enjoy
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
i like this program a lot, it's helped me with models that would otherwise cripple iclone. nice work on this one, thanks for the update ~ Cheers.

Reading This Topic