iClone 8.5 Official Issues Thread

Posted By Peter (RL) Last Month
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (122.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Dear iClone Users,

We have now released the iClone 8.5 update. However, as with all updates there may be a few bugs, glitches or other annoying issues that remain.

Important: If you do find any bugs, issues or glitches in iClone 8.5, please can you report them first in the Feedback Tracker. Then feel free to discuss the issues in this thread but do try to include a link back to the original Feedback Tracker report or your tracker number.

As always it will help us greatly if we can keep all technical issues in the one place (this thread). This will help the development team keep track of any problems.

Please do try to provide your full system specifications and a detailed description of the problem when reporting issues and include screenshots and/or a workflow video whenever possible. If you can provide specific steps so we can try and reproduce the problem that will be even better.

Many thanks and have fun with iClone 8.5.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

bennydee
bennydee
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (708 reputation)Veteran Member (708 reputation)Veteran Member (708 reputation)Veteran Member (708 reputation)Veteran Member (708 reputation)Veteran Member (708 reputation)Veteran Member (708 reputation)Veteran Member (708 reputation)Veteran Member (708 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
when exported to omniverse 
1. preview camera doesn't show up
2. cameras don't focus consistently on moving characters or objects pls fix ur focus settings
3.hair opacity is incorrect in Realtime mode.
4. frame rate is locked at 60fps from ic even after export from ov
5. we need soft cloth physics from cc to ov
6. when exported same file name from ic to ov it doesn't overwrite the  ov project instead it duplicates the scenes
Edited
Last Month by bennydee
LABRATS
LABRATS
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

We face many issues as well:
- Hair and props disappear when they have opacitymap and soft cloth when trying to zoom in
- Iclone crashes often when trying to save a project and on random occasions
- Lip Viseme keys causes Iclone to crash while playing or scrubbing through timeline (we have wave audio on our character applied if this information is needed).
- Some random crashes happens when deleting lights or props from larger scenes
- altered animation with keyframes behave strangely, when breaking a clip. For example the head will tilt 45 degrees upward or arms are twisted.

We lost many hours on trying to find workarounds and are still facing issues which can't be prevented, such as the things mentioned above.

Worst of all is crashing on save and viseme keysframes causing iclone to crash.
We are no longer able to use Iclone, which leaves us on hold for all our projects since the update...

Please release a fix as soon as possible!

Regards
Labrats
h20thunder69
h20thunder69
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile

New Member (53 reputation)New Member (53 reputation)New Member (53 reputation)New Member (53 reputation)New Member (53 reputation)New Member (53 reputation)New Member (53 reputation)New Member (53 reputation)New Member (53 reputation)

I've sent off a help ticket regarding this but thought I may as well leave it here too. The "Update morph to Iclone" Button no longer works after the update. 
Someone made a post on feedback tracker regarding the bug https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Update-morph-to-iclone-function-no-longer-works

Also the hair and props disappearing issue has been happening for me too, I also some weird character twitching that jumpscared me that I have not been able to replicate but still strange. Hope this helps 
luke (RL)
luke (RL)
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Group: Power Developer
Last Active: Last Month
Hi, h20thunder69
The issue has been resolved and will be released as soon as possible next week.

h20thunder69 (9/13/2024)
I've sent off a help ticket regarding this but thought I may as well leave it here too. The "Update morph to Iclone" Button no longer works after the update. 
Someone made a post on feedback tracker regarding the bug https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Update-morph-to-iclone-function-no-longer-works

Also the hair and props disappearing issue has been happening for me too, I also some weird character twitching that jumpscared me that I have not been able to replicate but still strange. Hope this helps 

robertscottfrancis
robertscottfrancis
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile

New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)

When Opening Morph Creator from iClone and once running, initiating New button, or Create button immediately crashes Morph Creator.  I've tested this on two PCs, with the same result. Might it be an issue with the new 8.5 Release?
Does anyone else have issue opening the Morph Creator and initiating either of these functions?

K_Digital
K_Digital
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Please RL Devs: In future, fix bugs first, then go on developing.
I think this is good for both sides.Users and RL.
rcsinger29
rcsinger29
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.1K reputation)

Multi-prop terrain items with physics causes 8.5 to crash.
The  props are set to static and intersect with one another but are not supposed to interact.

zancoisrice
zancoisrice
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (859 reputation)Veteran Member (859 reputation)Veteran Member (859 reputation)Veteran Member (859 reputation)Veteran Member (859 reputation)Veteran Member (859 reputation)Veteran Member (859 reputation)Veteran Member (859 reputation)Veteran Member (859 reputation)

WTH, I can't open or merge any of my previous files since this new update. What kind of crap is this? I tried reinstalling and its the same thing.
Wyrmaster
Wyrmaster
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)

both platforms crash on loading when trying to sync custom folders so cannot use it at all, as neither load now!
Edited
Last Month by Wyrmaster

Reading This Topic