Profile Picture

Wrinkles Not Driven by Morphs in UE5 (Wrinkle Sytem is there but Not Working in UE5)

Posted By tvtom100 7 Months Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Wrinkles Not Driven by Morphs in UE5 (Wrinkle Sytem is there but Not...

Author
tvtom100
Posted 7 Months Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
I'm hoping there is an easy fix to get this working... like a BP setup that I can create or reassigning drivers for the morphs to drive the wrinkles? So far, I can't figure it out.

The wrinkle system is not importing correctly into Unreal Engine 5. I'm in Version: 5.3.2-29314046+++UE5+Release-5.3 and Character Creator Version 4.4.2509.1 using the Unreal Auto Setup version 1.33 for 5.3.
When I look at the Std_Skin_Head_HQ_Inst material, it looks to have all the relevant wrinkle information but no morphs are driving any wrinkles and importing animation files from CC4 also does not drive any wrinkles on the character. They seem to be working fine in CC4 and I've exported to Blender using CC4 Blender Pipeline Plugin 2.0.2 which works fine (the wrinkles in Blender are driven by morph/shape keys as expected). I've tried with multiple characters including the default male that I see in other people's tests. Let me know if you need any other info.
This is an image of the shader with all the wrinkle maps.. everything looks fine there as far as I can tell...
14% of original size (was 3840x2102) - Click to enlarge
tvtom100
tvtom100
Posted 7 Months Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)

Surely someone else has run into this... can anyone help me out?
micahpharoh
micahpharoh
Posted 7 Months Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Months Ago
I'm having the same problem. It looks like it's not generating the ExpSequence, ExpPoseAsset, or WrinkleAnimBlueprint. Going back to version 1.32 of the Unreal Engine plugin works correctly so you can go back to that version if you need to. 

Edit: It's bugged but if you really need 1.33 for some reason you can follow these steps
-import it with 1.32 to get the generated files
-delete the imported mesh/materials but keep the wrinkle files
-close the editor
-delete the 1.32 plugin and shaders
-add the 1.33 plugin and shaders
-open the editor and reimport your mesh
-open the wrinkle files and select your new skeleton
-open your mesh and go to the details tab
-search for Post Process Anim Blueprint and add your wrinkles from 1.32
Edited
7 Months Ago by micahpharoh
tvtom100
tvtom100
Posted 7 Months Ago
View Quick Profile

Thanks so much! I think I will just try 1.32 then until they fix things or make a new version.

Reading This Topic