Profile Picture

Help Me Obi Wan You're are my only hope :)

Posted By leelove 2 Months Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
leelove
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (159 reputation)Junior Member (159 reputation)Junior Member (159 reputation)Junior Member (159 reputation)Junior Member (159 reputation)Junior Member (159 reputation)Junior Member (159 reputation)Junior Member (159 reputation)Junior Member (159 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I could really use a nudge and a little help with what seems to be to be a simple project. But as a new user I am stuck.
I should mention I have been a 2d Photoshop user for over 20 years so while I am a newbie iClone/CC4 user I am not a new user to software.
Situation:
Purchased a rig Cat model off of Sketchfab that is fully rigged. Imported the FBX and the FBX animation files no problem.
I can move him around using the motions that are part of the rigging.
Problem:
I want to have the cat character talk but when I transfer the model from CC4 to iClone 8 and select Animation/Create Script to upload the audio file. Everything is grayed out.
1. Does anyone have any suggests of what to look for to find out where the issue is?
2. Is anyone willing to take a look at the model and see if you can understand what is going on?
I suspect this is something and a bonehead move on my part but you never know.
thanks in advanced.
Nirwana
Nirwana
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (803 reputation)Veteran Member (803 reputation)Veteran Member (803 reputation)Veteran Member (803 reputation)Veteran Member (803 reputation)Veteran Member (803 reputation)Veteran Member (803 reputation)Veteran Member (803 reputation)Veteran Member (803 reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
As far as I know, the model needs to be compatible (e.g. a CC3+ character) for lip syncing in iClone, so if you buy a model via Sketchfab, I strongly doubt that that is compatible with the requirements of iClone, among other things, because it would need the appropriate blendshapes. iClone apparently recognized this incompatibility and won't let you create a voice script in the first place.

If you need a "cat" to talk, then you should probably look at a compatible model (since animals usually don't talk, realistic models are probably not set up for that; cartoon-look/anthropomorphized animals may work) from one of the Reallusion stores.

My YouTube channel: Animations made with Cinema 4D and Reallusion Products

toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
It does not really needs to be a CC3+ character to make it "talk".
If it has a jaw bone where you can open the mouth you can set it more or less open for each vowel.
I did this many times in 3DXChange and when I got it right you can do that within CC4 now...
After this process you can use the simpler way to make it talk with "animation - create script - audio file".
Sure this will be rudimentary and acculips will not work on this.

Toystorylab on Vimeo : https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce44ea78-6984-47d8-9bf4-b783.png    Crassitudes (my "Alter Ego") on Youtube: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fcc4df30-b3a8-40a5-a427-0735.png

AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 50 minutes ago
Talking animals is one of the few areas where Daz Studio beats Iclone.

RAG DOLL COLLISION ANIMATIONS FOR ICLONE 8 & 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Origins
My latest Feature length film created with Iclone.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/adf9b210-df59-4cb6-aa1b-9de5.jpg

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
You may look at this package of talking dog and cat converted to humanoids featuring an extended face profile compatible with Acculips.
(6 motions are included with each animals)
https://marketplace.reallusion.com/takling-cat-and-dog

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Actually while Daz models CAN talk "out of the box" those same models can be easily used in iClone with Acculips:

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)

I am still a user of IC7/3DX7 pipeline and I am surprised that some new version of the “expression  editor” toolset did not make it into Iclone 8 or CC4 for newbies ,like the OP, who can no longer  get access to 3DX7 pipeline.
It limits the appeal of being able to harvest Characters ,from completely outside the Reallusion content eco system, if you can’t rig the faces for full auto lipsinc & facial mocap 
The way I can with Blender with Faceit or Maya with Advanced skeleton.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Origins

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
I am still a user of IC7/3DX7 pipeline and I am surprised that some new version of the “expression  editor” toolset did not make it into Iclone 8 or CC4 for newbies ,like the OP, who can no longer  get access to 3DX7 pipeline.

Well, CC4 has Expression Editor, which is even more advanced than 3DX has.
Moreover, you may convert most non-human animals into humanoid along with any motion files they have and then build a face profile either from available blendshapes (like DAZ), or make your own.

Edited
2 Months Ago by 4u2ges
AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Well, CC4 has Expression Editor, which is even more advanced than 3DX has.
Moreover, you may convert most non-human animals into humanoid along with any motion files they have and then build a face profile either from available blendshapes (like DAZ), or make your own.Moreover, you may convert most non-human animals into humanoid along with any motion files they have and then build a face profile either from available blendshapes (like DAZ), or make your own.
You know I had a vague memory of seeing such a feature during the many Iclone 8/CC4 promo videos after its release.
Perhaps someone can hunt down a video of the process for the OP to use with his cat model.

Ghost Origins

leelove
leelove
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (159 reputation)Junior Member (159 reputation)Junior Member (159 reputation)Junior Member (159 reputation)Junior Member (159 reputation)Junior Member (159 reputation)Junior Member (159 reputation)Junior Member (159 reputation)Junior Member (159 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Darn, I was hoping this was not the case.
So this brings up the question...
1. If you have an FBX Rigged model that will import into iClone
 - Then what would you need to do to animate the cat to talk?
 - What is confusing is i see all kinds of non humoids that can talk.
 - What this was a model I created in Blender, wouldn't it be the same?
 - He is fullly rigged and can run, jump, yawn, etc.

Reading This Topic