Profile Picture

Important Announcement: Discontinuation of Iray Render Plug-In and Transition to NVIDIA Omniverse™

Posted By Bridgette (RL) Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!

Important Announcement: Discontinuation of Iray Render Plug-In and...

Author
Bridgette (RL)
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
Dear Valued Customer,

We are writing to inform you that Reallusion will discontinue the Iray render plug-in as of June 15th 2023.

Instead, we will focus our resources on the integration of our animation tools (iClone, Character Creator) and content (ActorCore) with NVIDIA Omniverse™, the next leading platform for real-time computing and GPU-based ray-trace rendering.

With NVIDIA Omniverse™, you can enjoy all the major features of Iray render, but with even greater speed and an open collaboration platform compatible with major 3rd-party solutions. Additionally, NVIDIA Omniverse™ includes the latest AI technologies, such as Audio2Face audio-to-animation application, fast GPU rendering, denoise, and the upcoming real-time SSS shader. iClone also features Omniverse LiveSync, allowing for a faster and easier animation workflow.

NVIDIA Omniverse™ offers the following advantages:

• Free for all users.
  • Provides features that outperform Iray.
  • Leverages NVIDIA's latest AI technologies.
  • Features faster rendering and denoising.
  • Interoperable with iClone via LiveSync.

As of the aforementioned date, the Iray render plug-in will no longer be available for sale in the Reallusion Store. However, customers who have previously purchased the product will still have the option to download and install the product, and can receive technical support from our customer service. Please be aware that there will be no further updates for the plug-in.  If you intend to purchase the product now, please make sure to try the program before your purchase, and keep in mind that it will be discontinued in June 2023.

If you have any feedback on the Iray features which might not be included in Omniverse, we are here to listen and collect your comments and suggestions.

Thank you for your continued interest in our product suite. Please do not hesitate to contact Reallusion Support for further inquiries.

Sincerely,

Reallusion, Inc.

Threaded View

Threaded View
Forum Post Important Announcement: Discontinuation of Iray Render Plug-In and... By Bridgette (RL) ( Last Year )
Forum Post What if I bought it 1 month ago? Can I get a refund? By mat365 ( Last Year )
Forum Post [quote][b]mat365 (5/10/2023)[/b][hr]What if I bought it 1 month ago?... By Peter (RL) ( Last Year )
Forum Post Can you provide any insights into the new NVIDIA project? Will it be a... By jeff.davies ( Last Year )
Forum Post [quote][b]jeff.davies (5/10/2023)[/b][hr]Can you provide any insights... By Peter (RL) ( Last Year )
Forum Post Thanks Animagic and Peter. I've been "heads down" on my current... By jeff.davies ( Last Year )
Forum Post This is what I know: iClone projects are exported in USD format and... By animagic ( Last Year )
Forum Post Iclone proyects rendered in Omniverse look great. I bought iRay, but... By eljofa ( Last Year )
Forum Post I would have loved it if Reallusion had developed the Realtime... By Ascensi ( Last Year )
Forum Post And which software You talking about?? Cheers By eljofa ( Last Year )
Forum Post Unfortunately, the Omniverse workflow is a clunky mess with so many... By 0Calvin ( Last Year )
Forum Post @0Calvin: I wouldn't hold my breath. We have had two attempts now to... By animagic ( Last Year )
Forum Post The speed of Omniverse is pretty impressive if you have the required... By Sophus ( Last Year )
Forum Post Daz recently announced that the next version of Daz studio will... By AutoDidact ( Last Year )
Forum Post [quote][b]animagic (7/3/2023)[/b][hr]@0Calvin: I wouldn't hold my... By 0Calvin ( Last Year )
Forum Post I have to say I'm disappointed in this, both in the decision and in... By R Ham ( Last Year )

Reading This Topic