Profile Picture

Hair Styles and where to get them

Posted By Tosyk Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Tosyk
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (229 reputation)Junior Member (229 reputation)Junior Member (229 reputation)Junior Member (229 reputation)Junior Member (229 reputation)Junior Member (229 reputation)Junior Member (229 reputation)Junior Member (229 reputation)Junior Member (229 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
HI,

I purchased a bundle including cc4 and Hair Builder, hoping I can build various hair types and styles, vintage 1920-1940 styles in particular. few days passed and I still can't find how to build various hairs, especially for males. So what I see right now in my items for males:
- default and free hairstyles (Short blowback and classic short)
- 2 presets in Hair Builder (both samurai knot)
and that's it. 

So I wonder where I can find this magical Hair Builder to build my hairstyles?

Here are examples of hairstyles I want to build:
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-iGIdSnkQlgc/VrQZeyrWHeI/AAAAAAAAPRk/YtQ8CM0rVqc/s640/Men%2527s%2BHairstyles%2Bin%2Bthe%2BPast%2B%252816%2529.jpgPin on Fotografía documentalhttps://i.pinimg.com/564x/f3/a0/af/f3a0afd542658fb724cbcddc93c1b15e.jpg

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi...

To have access to the contents of Hair Builder you will need to install it first. So in Content Manager just select Template > Pack > All and then search for Hair Builder (see below). Once the pack is displayed just double click the thumbnail to install it. To get more information on Hair Builder and to see what is included just visit the product page HERE.

That said, the Hair Builder may not be the answer to your needs as it is primarily for creating female hairstyles. To see a larger selection of hairstyles for men, please click the link HERE.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6f7e0f4d-30fc-4efb-be2d-ad00.jpg

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Tosyk
Tosyk
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (229 reputation)Junior Member (229 reputation)Junior Member (229 reputation)Junior Member (229 reputation)Junior Member (229 reputation)Junior Member (229 reputation)Junior Member (229 reputation)Junior Member (229 reputation)Junior Member (229 reputation)

Thank you, that's exactly what I found when I installed Hair Builder. You confirmed my concerns about the female focused templates of HB.
How I can add more hairstyles or haircuts? Create in another program and import into cc4? How reallusion does it? There's also a guy (https://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/Pack/classic-mens-hairstyles) but he's not the part of the company I think, so he managed to do this somehow.

In general, it's disappointing. I thought for nearly 800 buck I will get what I need with the Hair Builder, but it turned to be just a Combinator of predefined meshes.
gordryd
gordryd
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Also look at this pack:  Hair Studio
Might be closer to what you are after.

Reallusion Certified Director / Reallusion Best Visual Award / Reallusion Certified Content Developer
See all the G-Tools Plug-Ins available for iClone here: G-Tools Plug-Ins

Tosyk
Tosyk
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

gordryd (1/29/2023)

Thank you. Will it work with hair builder, morphs? Does it compatible with hairsmart system? can I use it with my cc3+ characters?
I like it has many shapes, but the hair material quality not very close to Trendy Male hairstyles packs. Does it allow changing material to be the same or similar quality?
https://www.reallusion.com/contentstore/image/cc/ACC300CIENU010820211224001/PM_ACC300CIENU010820211224001_11.pnghttps://www.reallusion.com/contentstore/image/cc/CCB0000IENU000020220418001/P_CCB0000IENU00002022041800120220418091132706.jpg
Sophus
Sophus
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (685 reputation)Veteran Member (685 reputation)Veteran Member (685 reputation)Veteran Member (685 reputation)Veteran Member (685 reputation)Veteran Member (685 reputation)Veteran Member (685 reputation)Veteran Member (685 reputation)Veteran Member (685 reputation)

This might not be helpful for you, but you could check out the Artstation store for Male Hair Cards. I personally think these are the most affordable high quality hair assets. 

The problem is, you probably need additional knowledge in other 3D applications like Blender to use them to their fullest potential.

If you don't want to use other tools except Character Creator these assets might not be the right choice for you. 

You also may need to create textures and shaders, which a tool like CGPal Fibershop can help you to do faster.

But at least you don't need to model the hair cards from scratch if you use the assets from Artstation.

If you want to model your own hair cards from scratch a Blender add-on like Hair Tool can save you a lot of time. But it's still work that needs time. 
Tosyk
Tosyk
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Sophus (1/29/2023)
This might not be helpful for you, but you could check out the Artstation store for Male Hair Cards. I personally think these are the most affordable high quality hair assets. 

The problem is, you probably need additional knowledge in other 3D applications like Blender to use them to their fullest potential.

If you don't want to use other tools except Character Creator these assets might not be the right choice for you. 

You also may need to create textures and shaders, which a tool like CGPal Fibershop can help you to do faster.

But at least you don't need to model the hair cards from scratch if you use the assets from Artstation.

If you want to model your own hair cards from scratch a Blender add-on like Hair Tool can save you a lot of time. But it's still work that needs time. 

thank you for the reply. So you're saying if I have hairs model in obj format I can easily put it into cc4 and make it look like this, I mean the hair material and texture quality not the shape:
https://www.reallusion.com/contentstore/image/cc/CCB0000IENU000020220418001/P_CCB0000IENU00002022041800120220418091132706.jpg
ToKoMotion
ToKoMotion
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)

Tosyk (1/29/2023)
gordryd (1/29/2023)

Thank you. Will it work with hair builder, morphs? Does it compatible with hairsmart system? can I use it with my cc3+ characters?
I like it has many shapes, but the hair material quality not very close to Trendy Male hairstyles packs. Does it allow changing material to be the same or similar quality?

Thank you very much for mentioning HairStudio here - appreciate it a lot Smile. Regarding your questions:

HairStudio hair assets do not include morphs (yet). I added various hair elements in the pack, which can be further adjusted via Transform, Rotate, Scale or the Edit Mesh feature in CC3 to find your desired style. HairStudio is also based on the SmartHair Material feature, but you can not use Hair Builder materials. I'm constantly working on improvements for the HairStudio materials and some new (free) updates will be available soon. 

Hope that helps and feel free to let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Regards,
Tobias    

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/43a4ac7b-bd85-430a-aa3e-e3f7.png    https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9cbb0370-ee1b-4f58-9b3d-6930.png    https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e84e0ec9-aa91-47d0-ae07-d519.png
FIND MORE:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/17a1d227-c563-4ece-a41a-257a.jpg

Sophus
Sophus
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (685 reputation)Veteran Member (685 reputation)Veteran Member (685 reputation)Veteran Member (685 reputation)Veteran Member (685 reputation)Veteran Member (685 reputation)Veteran Member (685 reputation)Veteran Member (685 reputation)Veteran Member (685 reputation)

Tosyk (1/30/2023)

thank you for the reply. So you're saying if I have hairs model in obj format I can easily put it into cc4 and make it look like this, I mean the hair material and texture quality not the shape:

No,  I said the opposite. You don't need to create the obj hair cards yourself but you likely need to modify or make textures and shaders to fit Reallusion shader system and you likely need a 3D modelling application with more powerful tools then Character Creator to fit the objs to your character. That's why it might not be for you if you prefer an easy load-asset-and-it's-done-way of doing these things. On the other hand, the selection of hair styles on Artstation is much, much larger then in the Reallusion store and they don't have the giant numbers of polygons you'll find in hair styles from DAZ/Poser stores.
greenwilliesjrsss
greenwilliesjrsss
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (121 reputation)Junior Member (121 reputation)Junior Member (121 reputation)Junior Member (121 reputation)Junior Member (121 reputation)Junior Member (121 reputation)Junior Member (121 reputation)Junior Member (121 reputation)Junior Member (121 reputation)

You can make your own hairstyles in Blender. Using the built in tools for free.

Or you can buy various products that make it a little bit more streamlined for a premium $$

I recommend just watching tutorials and not buying the premium products for hair in Blender. As i purchased one of those and later on realized that it was completely unnecessary. But it doesn't hurt to look at the video in order to see what you can eventually learn to do in Blender for hair

Though I haven't tried to export those to CC4 from Blender as I'm using the Blender hair system for UE5 export. You'll have to ask someone else about bringing it to CC4.

Edited
Last Year by greenwilliesjrsss

Reading This Topic