iClone 8.1, 8.11 and 8.12 Issues Thread

Posted By Peter (RL) 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Dear iClone Users,

We have now released iClone 8.12. However, as with all updates there may be a few bugs, glitches or other annoying issues that remain.

Important: If you do find any bugs, issues or glitches in iClone 8.12, please can you report them first in the Feedback Tracker. Then feel free to discuss the issues in this thread but do try to include a link back to the original Feedback Tracker report or your tracker number.

As always it will help us greatly if we can keep all technical issues in the one place (this thread). This will help the development team keep track of any problems.

Please do try to provide your full system specifications and a detailed description of the problem when reporting issues and include screenshots and/or a workflow video whenever possible. If you can provide specific steps so we can try and reproduce the problem that will be even better.

Many thanks and have fun with iClone 8.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
2 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
yepkoo
yepkoo
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
My only complaint for now is that if you have a big scene in iClone and your scene is one piece, your workspace becomes a complete torture.

I mentioned it in a few titles before, but I don't think it was taken into account.
As in Unreal Engine, an option should be presented that will allow us to move with WASD keys. (At least for those who want it.)
Going to different parts of the stage with the mouse in an animation program is a serious waste of time and torture.

Therefore, in order to reach the important points you need with the F key, you need to add a prop to these points.

It makes me feel suffocated while working out these scenes and it becomes very boring.
Not to mention animating inside any room with a roof.
You have to remove the roof and the side walls or the room needs to be really hangar-like.

It may seem like a minor issue, but it's a big one. I can't imagine being able to work like this in UE scenes.
This is the most important feature of UE that makes its scenes feel endless and provides a very comfortable working environment.

iClone 8 might be better at running large scenes, but you still don't want to work on very large scenes just because of its shortcuts.
I'm sure adding this feature as an option will make the program even more valuable.

I wanted to work on the City Sample map and transferred the necessary parts of the scene to iClone.
However, I couldn't work. It's impossible, I won't be trying to go somewhere on the stage for hours.
In order to achieve this, I manually added the ground to the places I want to transfer, and I will try to work by transferring only these parts I added.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/yepkoo
https://dev.epicgames.com/community/profile/bxvo/Yepkoo#learning

Edited
2 Years Ago by yepkoo
yepkoo
yepkoo
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Sometimes the program crashes when using the Merge feature for animations I prepared with Motion Direction Control.

yepkoo
yepkoo
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I don't know if this problem only happens on my computer.
When I minimize the program and maximize it again after 20-30 minutes, the program crashes.
I try not to minimize the program as I mostly have this problem.

Bassline303
Bassline303
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
yepkoo (10/17/2022)
I don't know if this problem only happens on my computer.
When I minimize the program and maximize it again after 20-30 minutes, the program crashes.
I try not to minimize the program as I mostly have this problem.

Should be fixed with the update : https://forum.reallusion.com/525612/iClone-811-Now-Available
yepkoo
yepkoo
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks @Bassline303
Yes, this update seems to have fixed the problem.
However, the occasional crash continues when merging animations.

Update:
I thought this issue was fixed.
I've been keeping the program minimized for about 1 hour and it just crashed again when I maximized it. Sad

Edited
2 Years Ago by yepkoo
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)

iClone v8.11 released today Oct. 17th, 2022

Please update using the Reallusion Hub. >> How to update

Bug fixes.

Fixed:
• Motion blur still appears in rendered videos of stationary objects with motion blur enabled and having switched the viewing camera.

• TAA does not take effect for rendered videos.

• Watermarks appear when purchased content is applied.

• Panels turn white and the application freezes after the following procedure:
  1. Switch to the MD layout in iClone.
  2. Apply a character with iMD data to the scene.
  3. Resize the downsize and enlarge the application window.

• Defective animations on AccuRIG characters sent to Unreal via Live Link.

Quick Reminder: If you do find issues after the 8.11 update, please remember to post them in the Feedback Tracker first. This is very important to get the issues logged and looked into. Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

jackshand.design
jackshand.design
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hey noticed a major issue with exporting any FBX animations out of Iclone.
the actual exported animation doesn't go beyond 1800 frames no matter what settings i've done to increase the timeline length etc. in project settings. Is there a setting or option I have overlooked?

This is very fustrating as I have encountered this sort of voodoo with exports in Iclone builds in the past and can't finish a current client project without this being resolved. 

Cheers
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

iClone v8.12 released Nov. 17th, 2022

Please update using the Reallusion Hub. >> How to update

Bug fixes. 

Fixed:
Motion Director's Snap to Surface function doesn't work on terrain that relies on a height map.
Another character's bone can be set as a Reach Target.
Curve Editor sets duplicate keys on the same frame. Feedback Tracker

Several added functions and enhancement in Smart Content Manager.

Added:
Search items by parent folder name.
Thumbnails can be adjusted to be extra large, large, or medium.
New List and Details view. 
Animated thumbnails for motion assets.
Ability to sync Template and Custom categories.
New navigation bar below the Template and Custom tabs. It displays the content folders by hierarchy. 
New icons for major content info on top of the content thumbnails.

Enhanced:
Enhanced drag-and-drop behavior for folders and files.

Quick Reminder: If you do find issues after the 8.12 update, please remember to post them in the Feedback Tracker first. This is very important to get the issues logged and looked into. Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
2 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
m_koshi
m_koshi
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Feedback Tracker: Issue 9056
I installed CharacterCreator4.12, but the Morph slider that should have been installed as standard in the Morphs tab has disappeared.
I only see the Morph sliders that I created myself, none of the standard sliders and Headshot's Morph sliders.
I have the Rellusion content installed in a different location than the default (D:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\) and I think CC4.12 probably can't access it.
In my case, 4.12 also had issues with texture content paths, and when I tried to apply makeup content, etc., I would get a dialog called Missing File(s) with a strange content path.
CC4.12 doesn't show the standard and Headshot Morph sliders at all, making CC4 completely useless.

Reading This Topic