Profile Picture

CC4 Not Functioning At All :-(

Posted By 3CPU 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
3CPU
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (198 reputation)Junior Member (198 reputation)Junior Member (198 reputation)Junior Member (198 reputation)Junior Member (198 reputation)Junior Member (198 reputation)Junior Member (198 reputation)Junior Member (198 reputation)Junior Member (198 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
* Edit Reasons:

* Launch of CC4 is resolved - I suggest running a registry cleaner and then restart the computer.

* As for other issue: I have been in contact with RL Tech Support over the past two days to resolve UI scale and believe me I tried various Windows Settings > Ease of Access > Scale % and Font %, if these settings are set too high, some of the panels such as the Export to FBX will not display all the settings including the export and cancel buttons. This experience may vary based on size and type of monitor in use. I have a 43 inch 4K display. Settings, a personal choice and consider visual impairment! And wise to avoid eye strain even for people with good eye sight. RL Tech Support suggested I post a Feedback Tracker "Solution," CC4 preferences, scale UI widgets and fonts, these options are available in other software and makes the whole UI experience so much better, so I thought that be a good suggestion for CC4. 

Again, thanks to everyone for chiming in on this topic, I wish you all good health and prosperity. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Original Post:

My PC Specs:

Windows 10 Pro, I keep this bad boy well maintained for optimal perf'.
Intel 10600K -  works beautifully in Blender (Eevee) with large scenes.
32GB of DDR4
6GB VRAM (GPU)
43 inch monitor, 4K resolution.

At first I was able to launch CC4, two days later it failed. I sent at an estimated 6 messages and replies to Reallusion support regarding CC4 failure to launch, but they provided absolutely no solution and failed to respond to other issues.

I am new to CC4, perhaps fellow Reallionist may have had similar issues, and provide clues that will lead me on path to solve this.

There are other serious issues with the products I purchased from Reallusion that I cannot disclose, but have given Reallusion support enough time to respond in a satisfactorily manner.

For perspective:
I am able to run Blender scene 350ft spaceship with interior consisting of large curved image displays, computer workstations and chairs, and large graphics encased in glass, a display of a futuristic computer PCB and hardware. This scene and another city scene with trees all runs great, rendered in UHD (4K) in less than a minute. I manage this because I disable parts of the scene that are not visible, and I clean out unused materials. I am saying this because my computer runs great and has not crashed, and I have over 30 years experience with computers. But nonetheless, I am new to Reallusion but disappointed they were unable to solve the issues as explained above. I spent $600 on Reallusion products that are not functioning at all, CC4 will not launch.

Edited
2 Years Ago by 3CPU
michaelrbarton
michaelrbarton
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
I have no problem starting and using CC4. 
My PC Specs are
CPU Xeon E3 1230 V2 3.30 GHz 4 cores 8 threads
RAM 20GB DDR3 
GPU GTX 970 4GB
250 GB HDD 
W10
My specs are low compared to most IC and CC users.
If my PC is able to run the program, there has to be something
your PC is missing. Your PC goes above and beyond the specs.
It can't be Reallusions' fault.  I am no expert on PCs.
I am just listing my specs to show that a lower end PC can run CC4
without any problem other than not having enough video RAM to have some more fun.
mark
mark
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
I'll assume you have tried uninstalling and reinstalling CC4?

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 11 minutes ago
3CPU (8/8/2022)
My PC Specs:

Windows 10 Pro, I keep this bad boy well maintained for optimal perf'.
Intel 10600K -  works beautifully in Blender (Eevee) with large scenes.
32GB of DDR4
6GB VRAM (GPU)
43 inch monitor, 4K resolution.

You've omitted any details about the most important component. Which graphic card do you have and do you have the latest drivers installed? 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
@3CPU
Does this resemble what is occurring in your case 
iC8 and CC4 Won't Load - Stuck on "Please Wait...."

And do indeed check what GPU driver you have, as Peter stated.  If outdated, it could be an issue, even though it worked days before without having changed anything. 
Also what might happen is over time Win10 shuts down or activates certain processes that may affect other processes from running, in my case rebooting is a workaround allowed me to access CC4 again.
playlogic
playlogic
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Hi,

You mentioned you were a experience computer user; If the program is not launching, check your event viewer to see if the program is throwing
a error...may give you a place on where to start looking for the error or something to get to support. Here an issue I was having with Reallusion Hub.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/af7a9009-0757-4e96-b093-b4ca.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1bdc8c75-509e-4181-9dc3-3efd.jpg

3CPU
3CPU
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (198 reputation)Junior Member (198 reputation)Junior Member (198 reputation)Junior Member (198 reputation)Junior Member (198 reputation)Junior Member (198 reputation)Junior Member (198 reputation)Junior Member (198 reputation)Junior Member (198 reputation)

michaelrbarton (8/9/2022)
I have no problem starting and using CC4. 
My PC Specs are
CPU Xeon E3 1230 V2 3.30 GHz 4 cores 8 threads
RAM 20GB DDR3 
GPU GTX 970 4GB
250 GB HDD 
W10
My specs are low compared to most IC and CC users.
If my PC is able to run the program, there has to be something
your PC is missing. Your PC goes above and beyond the specs.
It can't be Reallusions' fault.  I am no expert on PCs.
I am just listing my specs to show that a lower end PC can run CC4
without any problem other than not having enough video RAM to have some more fun.

Awesome! Thanks for chiming in, gives me hope -- I did a registry clean up and checked for updates (already updated) and of course I restarted to refresh the system. And guess what? CC4 Launched. I suppose the install did not go as smooth. Therefore, I highly recommend others who have launch issue to try the registry cleaner, I used CClean (not the best) but it got CC4 to launch.

Unfortunately there are other issues not related to my computer that are not yet resolved. Reallusion Tech Support is working on it, I hope will get resolved soon. I may have narrowed it down to lack of broader support for monitors. CC4 System Recommendation do not mention display/monitor. I did everything so far such as, checked for updates, tried the display scale settings, and of course I forwarded logs to Reallusion Tech Support. Wish me luck, hopefully I will get this mess sorted out soon so that I am able to access all important settings in CC4. I am using a Sony XBR 43 inch TV 3840x2160 native resolution (yes I know, it's not true 4K), it appears (literally) that only Reallusion is the issue because all other software such as Blender, Unity and Unreal Engine work fine.

My Suggestion to the Devs:
Make the panels in CC4 smaller, correct the scale issue to be compatible with all display/monitors. And all panels such as the Export to FBX dockable -- then have an option for one-click hide all panels -- rather than using the shortcut ctrl+6 because it removes the toolbar. That's fine for preview (ctrl+6) but not so fine for other workflow reasons.

Thanks to everyone for chiming in -- I sincerely appreciate it.

Edited
2 Years Ago by 3CPU
animagic
animagic
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 11 hours ago
About using a 4k monitor: I'm have a Dell 4k monitor (also 3840x2160) and it works without problems. I'm using a display scale factor of 125%. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

3CPU
3CPU
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

animagic (8/10/2022)
About using a 4k monitor: I'm have a Dell 4k monitor (also 3840x2160) and it works without problems. I'm using a display scale factor of 125%. 

On my display the maximum it can go is 225% and Font Size of 135% without cutting off some important areas of the UI. That said, what is sorely missing in CC4 is no option to adjust scale of widgets and fonts, fonts in the panels are so tiny I have great difficulties with that. I asked tech support about CC4 .ini file to see if tweaks can be done and if not? I will proceed with a refund. I did plan to also purchase iClone 8, but at this point in time, I hardly have words to express just how depressed I feel. I sincerely hope Reallusion can provide this ini tweak with plans for a future update that will include above mentioned solution.

playlogic
This post has been flagged as an answer
playlogic
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
3CPU (8/10/2022)
animagic (8/10/2022)

On my display the maximum it can go is 225% and Font Size of 135% without cutting off some important areas of the UI. That said, what is sorely missing in CC4 is no option to adjust scale of widgets and fonts, fonts in the panels are so tiny I have great difficulties with that. I asked tech support about CC4 .ini file to see if tweaks can be done and if not? I will proceed with a refund. I did plan to also purchase iClone 8, but at this point in time, I hardly have words to express just how depressed I feel. I sincerely hope Reallusion can provide this ini tweak with plans for a future update that will include above mentioned solution.

I agree with you that Reallusion needs to update their UI code to be more flexible; I currently use a 50" Samsung Q90B as my main monitor at a 125% with no issues. If you are still having issue...maybe looking into the DPI scaling options
via the compatibility options in the properties menu

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1bdc8c75-509e-4181-9dc3-3efd.jpg

Reading This Topic