Profile Picture

Reallusion Content EULA Update (Jul. 27th, 2022)

Posted By Peter (RL) 2 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago

Reallusion Content EULA Update (Jul. 27th, 2022)

Please be informed that we have updated our Content EULA regarding the Content License as follows:

All content sold on the Reallusion Marketplace, Content Store, and ActorCore are licensed and may be divided into three classifications: Standard License, Extended License and Enterprise License. Each of which contains different authorizations and restrictions. Users may decide which license to purchase according to their own needs. See the
EULA for details. Know More

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
2 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
Sifr
Sifr
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
It's about time RL.  Now my clients can move forward with their projects, I sent a lot of my corporate clients your way this year & last year that have a lot of big name investment money behind them in hopes to force this issue, looks like it worked.  I've already sent a request/question to your Enterprise department concerning a use case that I originally ask here in the forum almost a year ago that still has yet to be answered, hopefully, your Enterprise department is much more prompt.

As I stated some years ago I'd make RL the go-to pipeline for XR content creation for what is now being called the metaverse.  You guys should just hire me at this point after all I've contributed to its growth since v.2.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reallusion iClone & CC Pipeline --- Plugins: Iray HeadShot SkinGen.  CrazyTalk Animator Pipeline, CrazyTalk, Maya LT, Daz, Substance Painter Indie, Substance Designer Indie, B2M Pro+ Substance Live, Sculptris, Wrap, Unity, UE4, Perception Neuron ReadySmileBigGrinTongueWinkCoolHeheSmoooothCrazySatisfiedWowPinchExclamationAlienDiscussKissArrowSadAngrySickExclamationBlushWhistlingw00tw00tw00t
SurfaceBook 2 Windows 11 Pro 64-bit Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz -2.11 GHz 512GB Solid State Hard Drive 8GB RAM Nvidia GeForce 1050GTX
Dell  Alienware m18X R2 18.5" Custom Convertible Tablet Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Intel Core I7-3840QM 2.80GHz Quad Core 8 Thread 3.2GHz Turbo 512GB Solid State Hard Drive+1TB X2 RAID Disk Drive 32GB RAM Nvidia Geforce GTX 680m 2GB X2 SLI Custom Multi-touch. Dagi capacitive touch stylus
Microsoft Surface Pro 2 10.1" Tablet Windows 10 64-bit Intel Core I5-4200U 1.60GHz 2.3GHz Turbo 128GB Solid State Hard Drive 4GB RAM HD 4000 Graphics Multi-touch Wacom Digitizer screen Surface Pen+Axiotron Studio Pen
Asus Vivo Tab 8" Tablet Windows 10 32-bit Intel Atom Z-3740 1.33GHz Quad Core 32GB Solid State Hard Drive 2GB RAM HD 4000 Graphics Multi-touch Wacom Digitizer Wacom stylus.

Edited
2 Years Ago by Sifr
bgames
bgames
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi Peter, could you clarify the following passage:
Furthermore we would like to extend to you, the free upgrade period until Dec. 31st, 2022. All newly purchased items after July 27th, 2022, will be offered under the new Standard License fee. To apply for a free upgrade to Extended Licensing, kindly contact the Reallusion Support Team.

It seems like Reallusion is saying that through Dec 31, 2022 we can pay for the Standard License of a new product purchase and write to Support for a free complementary upgrade to the Extended License?
I just want to make sure I am interpreting that passage correctly and that it is not related to the previous passage which deals with the topic of giving Extended licenses to all products purchased prior to July 27, 2022 automatically and without further action from the customer (the previous passage for reference: To fulfill our commitment to the previous Content EULA, our Content Mass Distribution Rights certificate will remain valid. This means that all CC Components purchased before July 27th, 2022 will receive a free Extended License, found directly inside the owner’s product inventory.)
Edited
2 Years Ago by bgames
Goatcheese
Goatcheese
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (553 reputation)Veteran Member (553 reputation)Veteran Member (553 reputation)Veteran Member (553 reputation)Veteran Member (553 reputation)Veteran Member (553 reputation)Veteran Member (553 reputation)Veteran Member (553 reputation)Veteran Member (553 reputation)

bgames (7/28/2022)
Furthermore we would like to extend to you, the free upgrade period until Dec. 31st, 2022. All newly purchased items after July 27th, 2022, will be offered under the new Standard License fee. To apply for a free upgrade to Extended Licensing, kindly contact the Reallusion Support Team.

It seems like Reallusion is saying that through Dec 31, 2022 we can pay for the Standard License of a new product purchase and write to Support for a free complementary upgrade to the Extended License?
I just want to make sure I am interpreting that passage correctly and that it is not related to the previous passage which deals with the topic of giving Extended licenses to all products purchased prior to July 27, 2022 automatically and without further action from the customer (the previous passage for reference: To fulfill our commitment to the previous Content EULA, our Content Mass Distribution Rights certificate will remain valid. This means that all CC Components purchased before July 27th, 2022 will receive a free Extended License, found directly inside the owner’s product inventory.)

Didn't even see that! That would be awesome if it is indeed the case where a Standard License would be upgraded to an Extended until December. 
EDIT: If I may ask, where did you find that?
Edited
2 Years Ago by Goatcheese
virtualfilmer
virtualfilmer
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (335 reputation)Senior Member (335 reputation)Senior Member (335 reputation)Senior Member (335 reputation)Senior Member (335 reputation)Senior Member (335 reputation)Senior Member (335 reputation)Senior Member (335 reputation)Senior Member (335 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
This is fantastic - I think Reallusion should be commended for trying so hard to listen to our feedback!
virtualfilmer
virtualfilmer
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (335 reputation)Senior Member (335 reputation)Senior Member (335 reputation)Senior Member (335 reputation)Senior Member (335 reputation)Senior Member (335 reputation)Senior Member (335 reputation)Senior Member (335 reputation)Senior Member (335 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
BTW the EULA is a very very difficult and legally complicated subject. It has huge business ramifications to some of us, so can be frustrating. But in this thread, we should all remember that Peter (RL) is just one moderator on this entire forum - and let’s try to be nice to him. Smile I’ve found in the past that it’s REALLY easy to be frustrated about EULA questions and post long questions etc here - but it’s actually easier and faster to email Reallusion directly most of the time.

Hope that all is helpful and doesn’t sound patronizing - I just meant that I regret my own frustration, and so wanted to say that I’ve learned from it. Smile
Goatcheese
Goatcheese
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (553 reputation)Veteran Member (553 reputation)Veteran Member (553 reputation)Veteran Member (553 reputation)Veteran Member (553 reputation)Veteran Member (553 reputation)Veteran Member (553 reputation)Veteran Member (553 reputation)Veteran Member (553 reputation)

bgames (7/28/2022)

So I made contact with the support team and this doesn't seem to be the case. Only CC Components purchased prior to the 27th of July are upgraded for free. Nothing after that, unless, obviously, you buy an Extended License for said component.

Edited
2 Years Ago by Goatcheese
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
bgames (7/28/2022)

Only content purchased before the 27th July 2022 will be upgraded to an Extended License for FREE. Can you provide a link to where the statement above is published? Unless I'm going blind I don't see it on the page I linked to in my original post. Crazy

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

bgames
bgames
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)New Member (60 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
It was sent in an email, but guessing it was referring to something else then. Thank you for clarifying. 
animatedbeing
animatedbeing
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Still trying to figure out what "Upgrade - Extended" means on my order history page. I did a test and ordered the upgrade on a purchase made in January. I got a duplicate item instead with the standard license.

Reading This Topic