upgrade or no

Posted By woody173 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
woody173
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi looking at Iclone8, at first glance it looks amazing. But I have read some disturbing reports that the file sizes are drastically increased and the current systems are finding it difficult to manage the new software. So before I delve into purchases, only to be immensly disapointed yet again, does anyone know the realistic minimum spec a computer should be to use IC8 and CC4 to a reasonable standard.
Im asking before I go there because I must admit I have fallen prey to esome of Reallusions sales tactics in the past and thought I would do a little more investigating before hand.
animagic
animagic
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 12 hours ago
The listed system requirements for iClone 8 are still not very satisfactory, especially the "minimum" ones, forget about those.

My recommended minimum would be a recent Intel i7 or i9 CPU, at least 32 GB of RAM, and a Series 30 Nvidia GPU (3070 or higher) with at least 8GB of RAM.

Some people want to use a laptop but that is really not recommended as you pay more for less capabilities.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

digitallywired
digitallywired
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (596 reputation)Veteran Member (596 reputation)Veteran Member (596 reputation)Veteran Member (596 reputation)Veteran Member (596 reputation)Veteran Member (596 reputation)Veteran Member (596 reputation)Veteran Member (596 reputation)Veteran Member (596 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago

I have been a Reallusion customer sincepretty much the beginning. Unfortunately, I was not able to take advantage ofthe upgrades that came with content purchases, as I already owned the content.I personally feel that the upgrade prices are a kick in the teeth. I am goingto give my future use of iClone and CC some thought, but doubt that I will beupgrading at the outrageous upgrade prices they are asking. 

martin.stewart
martin.stewart
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (149 reputation)Junior Member (149 reputation)Junior Member (149 reputation)Junior Member (149 reputation)Junior Member (149 reputation)Junior Member (149 reputation)Junior Member (149 reputation)Junior Member (149 reputation)Junior Member (149 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Considering bugs, massive issues with the newly imposed mandatory content manager and the huge upgrade price. I'm sticking with 7. 
Edited
2 Years Ago by martin.stewart
michaelrbarton
michaelrbarton
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
Hello, I can't afford IC 8 at the $499 member price. I did buy CC4 at the member price of $249 plus 10% coupon for using the trial version. So it cost me
less than $225 for CC4. If you can, at least buy CC4. The price is comparable to CC3 Pipeline, when using the member price and 10% coupon for 
downloading the Trial version of CC4. You can create videos and use animation. It has some of the same features as IC8. For example, a mirror
and lens flare. You can create unlimited characters and bring in your CC3 avatars. At least you are in the game. You can't go wrong with CC4.

I use IC7 animation with CC4. I can collect clip to create longer animations.  You can send your IC7 props and CC3 clothes and hair to CC4.
Edited
2 Years Ago by michaelrbarton
genao87
genao87
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
some plugins like Replica Studio voice plugin is not yet made for ICLONE 8.    seems with the large file size and the PC requirements,  might be best to wait until these issues get resolved.   the PC requirements though would not change IMO
Edited
2 Years Ago by genao87
facr73
facr73
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
I stop using CC4 and IC8 because of the bugs:
1 - Import custom motions creates a 500MB file and making it a 30fps file creates a file with about 160MB where in 3DX was less than 20MB
2 - Broken import from DAZ. 
3 - Supersized files (always more than 4GB) for a simple scene and without motions the size is about 40MB(!)
4 - Can't read Japanese/Chinese/etc. letters. It works in IClone 7.
5 - Messy Content Manager
6 - Some plugins don't work!
And other stuff (Feedbacktracker and in the forum)

I got some stuff for IC8 (the motion pack) and some CC4 stuff but for now without using it.
I got the end of the year promo and aswell for me until they fix those bugs it's not good to wok with. I'm using IC7 only
animagic
animagic
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 12 hours ago
genao87 (7/8/2022)
some plugins like Replica Studio voice plugin is not yet made for ICLONE 8.    seems with the large file size and the PC requirements,  might be best to wait until these issues get resolved.   the PC requirements though would not change IMO

Replica is available for iClone 8, and so are a number of other plugins. If you check your plugin inventory you will see which ones already have an iClone 8 version.

Developers need time to update the plugins, but most are working on it. They have the option to inform their customers but some don't or don't know how to do that.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

bad_character
bad_character
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
There are a lot of problems. I don’t find most of the bugs or any general performance to be high on the list. Both CC4 and iClone8 do crash like it’s their job, those bugs are very off putting. The previous versions crashed, but this is another level. Some things are also still half baked - motion director has you cough up 200 bucks at full price for running and pedestrian motions, and meanwhile it’s fairly laggy to use, doesn’t work with custom motions yet, doesn’t respect terrain, and is a bit less than user friendly.

However, disk space is super cheap, it runs as well or better on my hardware than the previous versions in most cases, and the array of little animation tool improvements are game changing. If I load up the previous versions now, I’m quickly reminded that the experience before was much different than I’m normally able to recall.

Say nothing about going back to avoid some of the new issues or immature features - you couldn’t pay me on top of that to go back. Animating and character creating is just too much more enjoyable and efficient, regardless of the bumps.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
I think iClone 8 is worth having - the file sizes are indeed a problem but I suspect the devs will fix that issue.

I can't say the same for CC4 - it looks to not have been tested at all.  In particular Transformer is trash - just won't work at all.  I don't see any huge improvements to it if you have iClone and CC3. 

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic