Profile Picture

"Remove Object Animation" does not preserve light's volumetric intensity

Posted By Amper Sand 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

"Remove Object Animation" does not preserve light's volumetric...

Author
Amper Sand
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
How to reproduce:
- create an IC8 project
- add a Point Light
- change some of its parameters
- turn ON Volumetric Light and Unlink Light Intensity
- modify the Intensity parameter from default 2.0 to any other value
- apply "Remove object animation"
- all light's parameters are properly kept, with the exception of Intensity, which resets to its default value 2.0

Workaround
- copy the keyframe before applying the "Remove Object Animation" then paste it at frame 0.

FeedbackTracker:
https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Remove-Object-Animation-does-not-preserve-light-s-volumetric-intensity

Edited
2 Years Ago by Amper Sand
Kidder
Kidder
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 days ago
Yes you are correct, it's been driving me mad. I've been using a lot of Vol lights and I'm so use to using remove animation for static light changes, but now I have to maually change the keyframe to preserve the volumetric side of it.
I also hate the way everytime you  turn on and off lights in the scene mgr it now creates a keyframe on the timeline which is a new feature but I find it a pain. I'm always switching all my lights on and off to see which one is causing problems or enhancing my scene. ( I sometime have lots of different light for differing cam angles).
This is the new design and it's really slowing me down. Having said that I do love the new lighting system, just these 2 niggles making it much harder for quick production of clips / movies.

See my other videos on my YouTube channel Kissler101

Reading This Topic