Unity Auto Setup

Posted By Victor.Soupday 3 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 10 votes.
Author
Dan Miller
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 days ago
Sounds good, thanks.
Necka
Necka
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (535 reputation)Veteran Member (535 reputation)Veteran Member (535 reputation)Veteran Member (535 reputation)Veteran Member (535 reputation)Veteran Member (535 reputation)Veteran Member (535 reputation)Veteran Member (535 reputation)Veteran Member (535 reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Victor.Soupday (7/28/2021)
Unfortunately the Unity devs have not yet supported Tessellation with Shader Graph, but there is a way around this.

Hey Victor,
For your information this has been added to Unity 2021.2 now
It's still in Beta but that might be interesting for a later version of your tools
jonnys777
jonnys777
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Issueand possible solution here (not able to test myself at the moment)
I'm having issues with my character's skin being green after importing. I believe I need to tweak some setting in the HDRP setup as per (https://forum.reallusion.com/442390/CC3-to-Unity-HDRP-green-or-what-am-I-doing-wrong) to fix this.
I will try this when I am able and confirm here for benefit of others (unless others can confirm first!)
tantrum
tantrum
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (238 reputation)Junior Member (238 reputation)Junior Member (238 reputation)Junior Member (238 reputation)Junior Member (238 reputation)Junior Member (238 reputation)Junior Member (238 reputation)Junior Member (238 reputation)Junior Member (238 reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
Are you getting it like the other thread images showed?

I was expecting this to be more subtle like a green tinge from different color spaces (gamma vs linear for example) but I’ve not seen the fully green results from that other thread before in hdrp
jonnys777
jonnys777
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)

It's very green.
I'm in linear color space. The fixes in that thread haven't helped. I follow the documentation to install the auto setup tool and tried in a fresh HDRP Unity project.
Unity ver 202.3.4f1 (the minimum req) and HDRP version 10.5.0 (also minimum req).

Any ideas?

Edit: it looks like this only occurs when close enough to the character model, the green goes away if I zoom out far enough. Possible that this is a LOD effect?
Edited
3 Years Ago by jonnys777
Victor.Soupday
Victor.Soupday
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
The default HDRP/Lit shaders can turn the character skin green if there is no "Skin" profile loaded into the Diffusion Profile slot in the skin materials, with Subsurface enabled.

What type of export is it from CC3: Normal, Gamebase, Instalod Remesh/Material Merge?
vlastan
vlastan
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)

Finally a better tool for cc3 character import to Unity. Thank you very much for the work Victor.
jonnys777
jonnys777
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thanks Victor.
It was a normal export. Used the settings described except for merge facial hair as it wasn't available (character had no facial hair).
I've fixed the problem for Std Nails, Std Skin Arm, Std Skin Body, and Std Skin Leg pbrs, but there is no diffusion profile in the Skin Head pbr (which is using the customised shader).
The eyes also appear to be black, though I think this might be a quirk from my current project as it was converted from URP to HDRP. The eyes are fine for the same model when I loaded up a new unity project with HDRP in from the start.
jonnys777
jonnys777
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

I made a new test project in an updated version of Unity.
My only steps for this were:
Import Auto Setup 0.13 package via package manager (install from disk)
Create a Character folder to copy the assets into
Copy exported fbx assets into the Character folder (all 4 files)
Use Auto Setup Import Character on imported asset - set to High Quality
Toggle on preview scene + turn off gizmos
I have an error message ( "Assertion failed on expression: 'SUCCEEDED(hr)'")

Edit: NB no diffusion profiles are assigned for any of the affected materials. Teeth (upper and lower) and tongue materials are also affected this time.... though the eyes are fine. I think that problem before must have been linked to the transition from URP to HDRP. There are no diffusion profiles available to select.
Edit 2: The eyes are fine only in the preview scene. If I drag the prefab into a regular scene (only direction light and a plane) then the eyes are black/missing.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4d88a037-a9ef-4848-aff1-6b3f.png

Edited
3 Years Ago by jonnys777
Victor.Soupday
Victor.Soupday
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
I think I may be relying on demo assets for the skin diffusion profiles that only exist when the HDRP sample scene is present. I'll have to bundle my own versions with it.

The eyes use screen space refraction and it must be enabled in the lighting volume for your scene otherwise the eyes look funny. Or you can uncheck refractive eyes before you build the high quality materials and it will just use basic alpha blending on the eyes.

Reading This Topic