Unity Auto Setup

Posted By Victor.Soupday 3 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 10 votes.
Author
Victor.Soupday
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 16 hours ago
My version of the tool doesn't use or care about the CC Assets folder.

Are you using the original Reallusion: Open Source tool? (https://forum.reallusion.com/489608/Open-Source-Auto-Setup-for-Unity)

I recall it has an issue where it keeps reprocessing the characters if they are left in the CC Assets folder. They can be moved out of that folder or the auto-setup can be disabled in the options window. That might be the cause of your problem.

My version is quite different.
dgaban
dgaban
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (118 reputation)Junior Member (118 reputation)Junior Member (118 reputation)Junior Member (118 reputation)Junior Member (118 reputation)Junior Member (118 reputation)Junior Member (118 reputation)Junior Member (118 reputation)Junior Member (118 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks. Do you know how to remove the official tool from a project? 
Victor.Soupday
Victor.Soupday
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)

Deleting:
Editor/RLEditor.cs
Editor/RLEditorwindow.cs

Should disable it (and leave the texture resources so that any characters you've set up with it still work)

You'd need to delete all the files listed in the repository (https://github.com/reallusion/Auto-Setup-for-Unity) to remove it completely.
theelflockeducator
theelflockeducator
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)

Hello,

Need Help! I hope this the right place.

Hope you all are having a good day.I really tried finding a solution to my problem (so I would'nt bother you) and I could not find anything. I posted it to the forum and did not get any replys.When I import my file into Unity, everything looks great, except the animations do not work and show warnings.I will include a couple of snap shots of the warnings and hopefully you can let me know what I am doing wrong. I am using CC4 and I do not have iClone 8.
theelflockeducator
theelflockeducator
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1d68be53-8828-4be3-a801-dcf5.pnghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a390fff7-a541-4560-8779-37cb.png
theelflockeducator
theelflockeducator
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

The animation works in the inspector but cannot get it to work on the character.

Also, the motion is not showing up in the asset folder. https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/40a1cfae-3cd8-4d52-9ffd-bfb0.pnghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/73f57cf5-d85f-4ea3-be80-0485.png
theelflockeducator
theelflockeducator
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c33e3d68-6662-4504-82f4-d538.png
Victor.Soupday
Victor.Soupday
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Like the previous user, that's not actually my version of the setup tool.

That said, you'd probably have similar issues with my tool.

For the tool you are using, after it has imported the character it puts all the changes in a prefab, in the prefabs folder. That should be fully setup with the animator controller. The Fbx file is left unchanged (I think).

After the character has been imported it might be an idea to move the character and it's files out of the CC_Assets folder to avoid it being re-processed (which can be destructive to the textures).

(My tool doesn't use the CC_Assets folder and so doesn't have this problem.)

The animation warning you can largely ignore. The Unity humanoid skeleton only uses one bone for the neck. Character Creator / iClone characters have two bones in the neck so any animations that affect both neck bones will generate those warnings.
theelflockeducator
theelflockeducator
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thank you for replying.
It is in the prefab folder. It seems to be working fine now. Not really sure what was going on earlier.
This is my first time using Unity with Reallusion. Definitely a small learning curve for me.

Victor.Soupday
Victor.Soupday
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Further to that: I see what the problem is now:

ActorBuild and ActorScan characters from CC4 have a different Generation string in the json data. The auto setup doesn't recognize the character generation so it reverts the character rig to Generic. That's why your animations aren't playing.

You can fix it by setting the animation type to Humanoid in the Rig tab of the character Fbx settings.

I need to fix my own tool for that too.
Edited
2 Years Ago by Victor.Soupday

Reading This Topic