Export from CC3 to Unity3D Guide?

Posted By MikaMikuMik 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Idea.png
MikaMikuMik
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (147 reputation)Junior Member (147 reputation)Junior Member (147 reputation)Junior Member (147 reputation)Junior Member (147 reputation)Junior Member (147 reputation)Junior Member (147 reputation)Junior Member (147 reputation)Junior Member (147 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi everyone! Just start to using CC3, and can't find a guide for how to export CC3 character in Unity2020.
There is AutoSetup plugin, but it works with Unity2k19 only, do somebody knows any manual how to setup character in Unity without this AS plugin?
Necka
Necka
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (535 reputation)Veteran Member (535 reputation)Veteran Member (535 reputation)Veteran Member (535 reputation)Veteran Member (535 reputation)Veteran Member (535 reputation)Veteran Member (535 reputation)Veteran Member (535 reputation)Veteran Member (535 reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I'm going to create a separate post about this, because that's enough now with the lack of Unity support. 
But just to reply to your question the workaround for you would be to create a project with the latest Unity 2019.4 LTS, import the Autosetup there, import your character, set it up to your liking and then just copy the whole folder that is setup to your unity 2020+ project.
MikaMikuMik
MikaMikuMik
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (147 reputation)Junior Member (147 reputation)Junior Member (147 reputation)Junior Member (147 reputation)Junior Member (147 reputation)Junior Member (147 reputation)Junior Member (147 reputation)Junior Member (147 reputation)Junior Member (147 reputation)

Necka (4/28/2021)
I'm going to create a separate post about this, because that's enough now with the lack of Unity support. 
But just to reply to your question the workaround for you would be to create a project with the latest Unity 2019.4 LTS, import the Autosetup there, import your character, set it up to your liking and then just copy the whole folder that is setup to your unity 2020+ project.

Thanks for advice, I tought to try this way too. Smile
waltercl
waltercl
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Would it work to set it up in 2019 and then export it as a Unity Asset package and then import the package into 2020?
Necka
Necka
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (535 reputation)Veteran Member (535 reputation)Veteran Member (535 reputation)Veteran Member (535 reputation)Veteran Member (535 reputation)Veteran Member (535 reputation)Veteran Member (535 reputation)Veteran Member (535 reputation)Veteran Member (535 reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
waltercl (5/5/2021)
Would it work to set it up in 2019 and then export it as a Unity Asset package and then import the package into 2020?

Yes if you do not include the Reallusion auto-setup asset in that package.

Copy and paste from one project to another is simpler for me. I've setup an auto copy of the converted characters, you can do that with many software (I'm using the Realltime Sync module of Freefile sync, it's an opensource software)
warren_401719
warren_401719
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

is anybody else getting weird transparent hair in Unity? I went through the process outlined above..
If anyone has had experience with this process and think they can achieve great things in Unity and Universal Render Pipeline, Please get in touch.
warren (at) untitledproject.sg
waltercl
waltercl
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)

I'm on the CC3 Pipeline Trial version to see how this works, and I've just exported my first CC3 Character and imported it into Unity. I'm having some issues with the Auto-Setup not working as I expected. None of the materials and textures are setup, and it did not setup the humanoid rigging.

Here is my workflow.
Exported FBX Character with Unity Settings per guide
Installed Auto-Setup Tool for 2019.3 URP and confirmed that two new folders are in Unity: CC_Assets & Editor
Am running Unity 2019.3.10f1
Imported the FBX that I created in my first step and dragged the prefab into my scene.

I just have a grey figure with nothing assigned. 

I know how to go through the steps of assigning textures to materials, but that is tedious and I was hoping the auto-setup tool would take care of this.

Am I missing a step?

Thanks for any help.
waltercl
waltercl
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Found my answer (or at least I think I did).
I imported the character into the CC_Assets folder in Unity and the materials and textures were auto-assigned so that's great.
I know there's a lot of complaining about CC3 to Unity Import, but I can tell you that having worked with Daz this does not always work well for Daz characters unless you are in a HDRP project and using the Daz to Unity Export tool.
I'm still early in my exploration of CC3 so I may join the complainers soon, but...having come from Daz3D I may not have as much to complain about.

Edited
3 Years Ago by waltercl
philwinkel
philwinkel
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)

warren_401719 (5/6/2021)
is anybody else getting weird transparent hair in Unity?

I ran into some hair materials issues in Unity using URP.  I have the auto setup script in my project, configured for URP. 

What I had to do to was click on each hair object and under Surface Options change the Material Surface Type from Transparent to Opaque.  After you change it to Opaque, enable Alpha Clipping (if it's not already) and adjust the alpha clipping threshold to your liking.

there may be multiple hair objects, depending on the haircut (bangs, bun, base, real hair, etc).  Also sometimes one object will have multiple materials attached to it, like the Hair_Base object has 2 materials - scalp and hair.

for example...
character looked like this after I imported it into the unity project and the CC auto-setup script ran. Hair has transparency issues
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6cb0fc8c-d018-4a24-8b1f-fcd6.png

made these changes to all of the Materials on the hair objects - set Surface Type to opaque, enable Alpha clipping, adjust alpha threshold:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/177f43a9-9529-4f8a-b4fc-7c96.png

now the hair looks like this:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/28796c2a-29aa-4abe-a1cd-53d4.png

This is just to get the hair looking OK with the standard URP / Lit shader. It looks OK, but obviously not ideal as the shading will be very basic.

Better results will probably require a proper hair shader that works in URP; i havent looked into that yet. Hopefully someone has a decent URP hair shader on the asset store.

Reading This Topic