Posted By Miranda (RL) 3 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.

How to Animate CC3+ Character with Unreal Live Link Face

Author
Miranda (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (63.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.2K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
From Character Creator v3.4, CC3+ Characters are equipped with ExpressionPlus (ExPlus) blend-shapes which include ARKit blend-shapes. The support of ARKit blend-shapes makes CC3+ Character fully compatible for 3D tools with iPhone facial capture capability, such as Unreal Engine and Unity. 

Required Tools
  • Character Creator 3.4 or above; iClone 7.9 or above (3DXChange 7 Pipeline required)
  • Unreal Live Link Face
  • Character Creator & iClone Auto Setup 1.2 for Unreal 
  • Live Link Face sample files (DOWNLOAD HERE)
    • ExPlus_Remap.uasset (replace ExPlus blendshape to LLF)
    • LLF_AnimBP_Sample.uasset (map to the LLF animation)

Note: iClone Unreal Live Link and Unreal Live Link Face cannot work on the same character simultaneously.

Official Tutorial:

Walkthrough Tutorial (no dubbing):

Step 1: Check if your CC3+ Character has ExPlus blendshapes.
If it's not, please check HERE to make your existing characters to support ExPlus blendshapes. 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c8bef046-83e6-40de-b68a-3ae3.png

Step 2: Connect to Unreal Live Link Face:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5ed21f20-b6bc-4d4a-8345-0be5.png

Step 3: Copy LLF_AnimBP_Sample.uasset to your character folder:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a9f40cf8-fd47-46c3-ad22-df5f.png

Step 4: Re-target to your character by right-clicking on the Anim blueprint:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4cb78c23-8609-45fa-99dc-d319.png

Step 5: Remap ExPlus to Live Link Face:
  • Double-click on Anim blueprint.
  • Go to AnimGraph and select Live Link Pose.
  • Choose your iPhone device and set the re-target assets to ExPlus.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7222eb02-1bd0-4807-84d1-14ad.png

Step 6: Assign jaw/head animation.
Double-click anim blueprint, go to Event Graph, and choose your iPhone device:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/dd3559ce-f195-4ba7-b7f7-1a00.png

Step 7: Drag the Anim blueprint to the scene, and enable Update Animation in Editor.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cd7f4e7a-fbb9-465a-baec-d027.png

Edited
3 Years Ago by Miranda (RL)
vadim+2
vadim+2
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Great tutorial, worked like a charm!
Want to mention that at some point, you will need to do a calibration for your character, here is a great tutorial I found online that helps with it - video

donmeeet
donmeeet
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (88 reputation)New Member (88 reputation)New Member (88 reputation)New Member (88 reputation)New Member (88 reputation)New Member (88 reputation)New Member (88 reputation)New Member (88 reputation)New Member (88 reputation)

i might be missing something but i have an issue
im only getting jaw open and eye rotation in my character
no other part of the face is moving
is there anything im missing?
Bassline303
Bassline303
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)

Last Active: 41 minutes ago
Sounds like you didn't Remap :  
Above on the right , put the ExPlus inside :

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e47de684-dd0d-422f-8da9-c78c.png

Also be sure you imported the CC3 Character with the new Arkit morphs.(ExPlus)

Works for me , but as Vadim+2 said , you have to calibrate some curves and the jaw bone to get good results.

Edited
3 Years Ago by Bassline303
Ghetzi
Ghetzi
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Bassline303 (3/30/2021)
Sounds like you didn't Remap :  
Above on the right , put the ExPlus inside :

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e47de684-dd0d-422f-8da9-c78c.png

Also be sure you imported the CC3 Character with the new Arkit morphs.(ExPlus)

Works for me , but as Vadim+2 said , you have to calibrate some curves and the jaw bone to get good results.

I'm having the same issue and did the remap.  Great results with mouth, eyebrows, eyes, but no head movement.  Doubled checked the checklist, not sure what I missed.  Any ideas?

UPDATE:  For anyone else with this issue, go into the Live Link Face app and make sure to enable "Stream Head Rotation" in the settings.  Works perfectly now!

Edited
3 Years Ago by Ghetzi
thesnowcult
thesnowcult
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

I've updated my character the ExPlus in CC3 3.4, I've also installed the latest Auto Setup in my project.
For some reason, only the jaw moves, no other facial movements. Just the jaw opening and closing (and head moving around).
lianchiu
lianchiu
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)

Try this Tutorial to see if it helps!
yazata3d
yazata3d
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)

Cant choose ex_plus, i click on it but it changes back to "none"
all do like in video pls help!
lianchiu
lianchiu
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)

were you using CC3+ Base Character?
Bassline303
Bassline303
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)

Last Active: 41 minutes ago
With the UE4.27 release there will be an "Auto Calibration" for the Live Link Face App.
Till it is released you can do it manually like in this video :

Edited
3 Years Ago by Bassline303

Reading This Topic