Posted By Eric C (RL) 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

[Submit your Python Wishlist] Reallusion Python Wishlist Thread

Author
4u2ges
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
The biggest problem with transformations, is bones scaling. If the target has substantially larger armature, then the transformation would not look right (only mesh would transform).
That is because morphing in iClone/Morphs Creator does not support bones scaling.
It maybe possible to scale bones and match the target with Python (I did not research) one way or another.

Regarding texture, it is still possible to transform visually to some degree. Blend map comes to mind.
Like Base Color Map has initial avatar texture and Blend slot has target texture. Then sliding both in opposite on the timeline would give smooth transition/transformation.
For Normal and Roughness maps it is possible to combine both - source and target texture into a single map and then use UV transform to slide (sliding however should be rather quick or instant in this case).
This is going to be some work, but quite possible.

Here is a sort of Katherine to Caleb head transform without much detailing. It mostly smooth except for the normal and roughness maps, where it was done in just a few frames.
But the main problem here was eyeballs. Caleb morph moves eye bones, which is not translated by the Morphs Creator. So eyes were popping out as Caleb morph was applied.
I had to create a separate morph in Blender for eyeball mesh to position it properly and then synchronize it with the main morph.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/bc521f1c-c56e-46e8-992d-4839.gif

If we can scale/move bones based on source reference with Python , that would have been invaluable!

Edited
3 Years Ago by 4u2ges
Stolpi
Stolpi
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
@4u2ges: Does DAZ Genesis characters have the same issues with the bones when imported with 3DXchange? I imported none standard bipeds with morphs and it worked quite well.

Would it be possible to use animated roughness maps?
Edited
3 Years Ago by Stolpi
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Well, it's not the character issue and it does not really matter what base it is. It's all about the nature of morphs generated in Morph Creator.
If it's just a mesh movement/scaling, then there is no problem to apply it via Morph Creator.
I made this tut before CC Transformer was introduced and Genesis mesh morphs became possible to gather directly from CC: https://youtu.be/ytIf52Cym0o

But as soon as morph involves bones movement/scaling, it would most likely look ugly and unnatural while applying it from Morph Creator.
Morph Creator used to even refuse to load iAvatar, which had scaled bones while comparing it with the target.
In latest versions it let it through, but still issues a warning (a popup message) about inability to process scaled bones.

Regarding Roughness/Metallic animation, it depends. If map is just a flat color shade image then it's quite possible: https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost356200.aspx
But if map is based on texture, then only *hard* swap is possible. I explained it in the link above as well.
Or if you can animate map elsewhere and make a video file, you can sure load it into any material channel.

There smooth transform with video texture for all maps

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2c2f55d1-fa79-4beb-b59f-004b.gif

Edited
3 Years Ago by 4u2ges
Stolpi
Stolpi
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)

Or if you can animate map elsewhere and make a video file, you can sure load it into any material channel.“ 
That’s what I mean. Thanks for the information!
Ascensi
Ascensi
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Automated Pupil Reaction From Light Sources With Gentle Squint Morphs

https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Automated-Pupil-Reaction-From-Light-Sources-With-Gentle-Squint-Morphs

Store Page Link 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/906a14b0-c792-4382-99ee-7dfe.jpg
AMD 4.5 GHz 16 Cores  | 128 GB | RTX 4090 | Window11 | Houdini FX 18.5 | Zbrush 2023 | Maya 2014 | Adobe CS6 | Sonar Producer X3 | iC8, CC4 | DTS Master Audio Suite | Perception Neuron 32 Alum Edition | Akeytsu 

Edited
3 Years Ago by Ascensi
davidmaximo
davidmaximo
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (734 reputation)Veteran Member (734 reputation)Veteran Member (734 reputation)Veteran Member (734 reputation)Veteran Member (734 reputation)Veteran Member (734 reputation)Veteran Member (734 reputation)Veteran Member (734 reputation)Veteran Member (734 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Here's the thing I've always wanted for Iclone:

basically port over Maya's "studio library" plugin to iclone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJvxlGpYc1o

This plugin is tremendously helpful in speeding up pose-to-pose animation. Something Iclone has always been clunky at. Particularly, iclone needs the ability to save out SELECTION SETS like this plugin. With selection sets you can store particular arm poses, or particular leg poses, or particular FACial expressions and drag out sliders to adjust how much influence a saved out pose modifies the current pose (like morph sliders, but for poses). Again similar to morph sliders, it's important to be able to blend multiple saved poses together using sliders. And I also think its highly important to combine both the facial aspects and body aspects in the same plugin. All the features of this maya plugin would be super helpful too like the mirror functions, etc.
Edited
3 Years Ago by davidmaximo
izaacperez03
izaacperez03
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (73 reputation)New Member (73 reputation)New Member (73 reputation)New Member (73 reputation)New Member (73 reputation)New Member (73 reputation)New Member (73 reputation)New Member (73 reputation)New Member (73 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago

Acomprehensive post process video plugin

1.Mention the purpose of this plugin: What is this plugin for?Thisplugin will enable a person to add video effects, color grading, and custom LUDsdirectly into iclone dramatically changing the mood and tone

2.Mention the roles that this plugin willfulfill: What functions are missing from the current RL plugin marketplace?The only plugin that somewhat does this isthe shaking camera plugin. It is a great feature, but it lacks other featuresthat would enhance user experience and creativity. Fog could be added. Nightvision simulation could be added. Both could be added. An 80s block blustercolor grade could be added to change the color and hues. Into a warmer or cooler color tone. Bright vivid colors could be exaggerated or a dull color could be used to invoke another mood. Someonemention adding a toon effect, this would also be a feature that can beperformed by the plugin

3.Please share similar plugin and samplevideos to demonstrate your idea.
On unrealengine there is a blueprint add on called Chameleon Post Process. I think this iswhat the plugin should aim to achieve.
This is avery comprehensive post process video blueprint that adds color grading andwhatever effect to create drastic changes to the tone and mood.

This iswhere the product is found

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/en-US/product/chameleon

This is avideo playlist of a small sample of what it can do

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK7ZBgUUeZW3fQIHA1wMYDZ8JXc4TRkPX

This is only a small sample of what is capablewith this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvvZnjEfAOc

4. Mention why this plugin is needed: Howwould this plugin benefit me and other iClone users?
This isneeded for people who are not skilled at manipulating color grading or creatingvideo effect on their own or from scratch. And for people who want to save time and skip adobe after effectsby the post process directly in I clone rather than to spend more time . There could be a lite version witha small sample and premium plugins with all the bells and whistles and new features.

Stolpi
Stolpi
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

@isaacperez03: I understand that you want a simple workflow without having to switch to other applications. But nevertheless the most people prefer a video editor for this task. I for my part use HitFilm Pro. HitFilm Express is for free and already very powerful and offers a vast amount of very helpful tutorials. You can really do some magic to your iClone renders e.g. with lens flares, lens dirt, volumetric light (god rays), laser swords and of course color grading. Some things like fog are already integrated in iClone if you have purchased Popcorn FX but HitFilm can do this too. You can buy for HF Expr. only the modules which you really need if you need any. The expensive alternative would be Adobe After Effects.
griphonman
griphonman
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Last Active: Last Year
The Fur PopcornFX plugin is great and only wish it could do more in two regards. First, it is great for making tall blowing grass but it only allows you to do small patches of grass at a time. I tried to piece together the patches but then some weird stuff happens to the combined pieces. It would be great if one could assign Fur to a larger plane.
Fur is also great on non-human characters like bears, monkeys, bigfoot etc. but controlling where the fur is distributed on the character is almost impossible to control through editing the source graphics/maps.It would be nice to have a Blender type fur/hair editing tool. I believe your fur plug-in has great unharnessed potential and if developed could drive many customers to IClone.
The following is the best I could do on my Bigfoot model using Fur. What's with the hair coming out of the eyeballs? Tried everything in the book to correct it.
https://youtu.be/Q879ouX4fR8
jodelles.com
jodelles.com
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)

I like our book props but i would like an optimized plugin to view/read a book as a character first and third person.  also to move around the book as if it it is the character almost...  and please please add a simple text option so you can create an easy book by copy past. who cares about formating... or maybe it would be easier to just open a predone pdf and easily flip through it by controls/character animation

Reading This Topic