Posted By Eric C (RL) 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

[Submit your Python Wishlist] Reallusion Python Wishlist Thread

Author
Eric C (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Last Week
Hi all,

In the year 2021, we have decided to make a dedicated thread to collect Python ideas for iClone animators.

Please use the following template and tell us about the plugins in your wish list!
  • Mention the purpose of this plugin: What is this plugin for?
  • Mention the roles that this plugin will fulfill: What functions are missing from the current RL plugin marketplace?
  • Please share similar plugin and sample videos to demonstrate your idea.
  • Mention why this plugin is needed: How would this plugin benefit me and other iClone users?
Feel free to reply, and our Python Team and developers would be thrilled to review it!

Edited
3 Years Ago by Eric C (RL)
Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 hours ago
I already have the perfect one, and it is probably beyond my current Python skills if you can do it.

Similar to the Hand Gesture Puppeteer, it would be cool if you could build a facial expression that was similar. You don't have to all the facial expressions, but even 10 or 12 would be cool.

I purchased a motion that was recorded from Mocap I guess, and I can tell the difference night and day.

If you know how to animate facial expressions with Python I can start the project and get as far as I can.

I have talked to a couple of people that think this would be a very cool feature. What do you think?

Creator of the free website:
PixelDatabase.Net
A Free Online Text Based Image Editor
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6e6663e2-0ecf-447a-ab3d-d49d.png

Chuck (RL)
Chuck (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Trainer

Trainer (1.2K reputation)Trainer (1.2K reputation)Trainer (1.2K reputation)Trainer (1.2K reputation)Trainer (1.2K reputation)Trainer (1.2K reputation)Trainer (1.2K reputation)Trainer (1.2K reputation)Trainer (1.2K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago

Similar to the Hand Gesture Puppeteer, it would be cool if you could build a facial expression that was similar. You don't have to all the facial expressions, but even 10 or 12 would be cool.

Pretty good idea. In your opinion, what would be the advantages of using this tool over Face Puppet or the existing animation systems in iClone?
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
very much this for iclone.

https://carraracafe.com/pyswarm-for-pycarrara-0-6-released-planned-new-fetures-revealed/

Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)

I admit I don't know how to use Face Puppet that well, but the ease of moving your mouse and recording like the Hand Puppet seems much easier than changing a frame by Frame of Face Puppet.

I do not own an IPhone, but motions I have bought that were created with Mocap look better than what I can create in IClone without it for the face. It could very well be I don't know how to use the existing tools enough.

PixelDatabase.Net

bennydee
bennydee
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (667 reputation)Veteran Member (667 reputation)Veteran Member (667 reputation)Veteran Member (667 reputation)Veteran Member (667 reputation)Veteran Member (667 reputation)Veteran Member (667 reputation)Veteran Member (667 reputation)Veteran Member (667 reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
we will need plugin to use ipad as virtual camera maybe via bluetooth. this is to five natural handheld camera effect. thank you
Lordhi
Lordhi
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (657 reputation)Veteran Member (657 reputation)Veteran Member (657 reputation)Veteran Member (657 reputation)Veteran Member (657 reputation)Veteran Member (657 reputation)Veteran Member (657 reputation)Veteran Member (657 reputation)Veteran Member (657 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Another plugin for Carrara which would be nice to have in iClone is the Wheels Modifier.
Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I have a question regarding this thread, and your recent Plug-In Wish List Contest.

I have an entire list of features I feel are missing from or would improve the Python API. Does that count as a 'Plug-In Wish List', or are you only counting 'I wish I had a Plug-In that does XYZ' in the contest?

Hopefully you understand what I mean here. API features, versus a someone that just wants a 'Plug-In That Performs XYZ...'.

Thanks

PixelDatabase.Net

Edited
3 Years Ago by Data Juggler
Abhi29
Abhi29
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
PLUGIN IDEAS / SUGGESTION FOR CC3 / ICLONE 7 FUTURE UPGRADES:

Hi Reallusion Team,

Iam a great fan of your products, especially CC3, while working on a project, i just wonder, what if reallusion comes with  the plugins regarding upgrades on additional meshes or morphs like:

a. Additional heads on character ( could be 3, 4 or 10 heads on a single body ) idea is to transform normal human into super human or a creature.

b. Same theory could be used for hands (i.e. additional hands like 2,4, 6, 8, 10 on same body)

c. Tails can also be included in a pack.

d. CC3 should do something for hybrid characters example: bulls, horse, lion, eagle, monkey etc.. any animal face can be used as head and body can go along with human anatomy and vice versa... what iam trying to say here is hybrid characters like cheetah / monkey king (from comics universe) is still difficult to make in CC3.

e. Last but not least, we would also like to see a plugin, where images / photo's poses (talking about static poses) would be extracted and transferred to 3D characters, similar option people have in Clip Studio. Something similar can be integrated / implemented in Iclone as well. (Because AI is future)

Well, these all ideas i have at this time, I feel, this updates may change the game for Reallusion in 3D World.

Hopeful sooner or later, my request / recommendation get notice here & shortly we will get this updates / plugins in Iclone7 / CC3 future version.

[ Don't forget to share 3000 DA points, if you like my ideas Lol Smile ]

Regards,
Abhi
Sp3c1alk
Sp3c1alk
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
There are a few add on I would love to see...

I see absolutely no reason we don't have a sweat/blood/water/fluid simulator in iclone. 

I see no reason there is not some type of smart lighting or realistic sun and shadow casting. 

I see no reason we don't have an add on that can create injuries. I would envision this as an option to turn on an object, when it collides with a character, it makes a mark and a small fluid animation. 

Reading This Topic