[Submit your Python Wishlist] Reallusion Python Wishlist Thread

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic469826.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Eric C (RL) - 3 Years Ago
Hi all,

In the year 2021, we have decided to make a dedicated thread to collect Python ideas for iClone animators.

Please use the following template and tell us about the plugins in your wish list!
  • Mention the purpose of this plugin: What is this plugin for?
  • Mention the roles that this plugin will fulfill: What functions are missing from the current RL plugin marketplace?
  • Please share similar plugin and sample videos to demonstrate your idea.
  • Mention why this plugin is needed: How would this plugin benefit me and other iClone users?
Feel free to reply, and our Python Team and developers would be thrilled to review it!

By Data Juggler - 3 Years Ago
I already have the perfect one, and it is probably beyond my current Python skills if you can do it.

Similar to the Hand Gesture Puppeteer, it would be cool if you could build a facial expression that was similar. You don't have to all the facial expressions, but even 10 or 12 would be cool.

I purchased a motion that was recorded from Mocap I guess, and I can tell the difference night and day.

If you know how to animate facial expressions with Python I can start the project and get as far as I can.

I have talked to a couple of people that think this would be a very cool feature. What do you think?
By Chuck (RL) - 3 Years Ago

Similar to the Hand Gesture Puppeteer, it would be cool if you could build a facial expression that was similar. You don't have to all the facial expressions, but even 10 or 12 would be cool.

Pretty good idea. In your opinion, what would be the advantages of using this tool over Face Puppet or the existing animation systems in iClone?
By planetstardragon - 3 Years Ago
very much this for iclone.

https://carraracafe.com/pyswarm-for-pycarrara-0-6-released-planned-new-fetures-revealed/
I admit I don't know how to use Face Puppet that well, but the ease of moving your mouse and recording like the Hand Puppet seems much easier than changing a frame by Frame of Face Puppet.

I do not own an IPhone, but motions I have bought that were created with Mocap look better than what I can create in IClone without it for the face. It could very well be I don't know how to use the existing tools enough.

By bennydee - 3 Years Ago
we will need plugin to use ipad as virtual camera maybe via bluetooth. this is to five natural handheld camera effect. thank you
By Lordhi - 3 Years Ago
Another plugin for Carrara which would be nice to have in iClone is the Wheels Modifier.
I have a question regarding this thread, and your recent Plug-In Wish List Contest.

I have an entire list of features I feel are missing from or would improve the Python API. Does that count as a 'Plug-In Wish List', or are you only counting 'I wish I had a Plug-In that does XYZ' in the contest?

Hopefully you understand what I mean here. API features, versus a someone that just wants a 'Plug-In That Performs XYZ...'.

Thanks

By Abhi29 - 3 Years Ago
PLUGIN IDEAS / SUGGESTION FOR CC3 / ICLONE 7 FUTURE UPGRADES:

Hi Reallusion Team,

Iam a great fan of your products, especially CC3, while working on a project, i just wonder, what if reallusion comes with  the plugins regarding upgrades on additional meshes or morphs like:

a. Additional heads on character ( could be 3, 4 or 10 heads on a single body ) idea is to transform normal human into super human or a creature.

b. Same theory could be used for hands (i.e. additional hands like 2,4, 6, 8, 10 on same body)

c. Tails can also be included in a pack.

d. CC3 should do something for hybrid characters example: bulls, horse, lion, eagle, monkey etc.. any animal face can be used as head and body can go along with human anatomy and vice versa... what iam trying to say here is hybrid characters like cheetah / monkey king (from comics universe) is still difficult to make in CC3.

e. Last but not least, we would also like to see a plugin, where images / photo's poses (talking about static poses) would be extracted and transferred to 3D characters, similar option people have in Clip Studio. Something similar can be integrated / implemented in Iclone as well. (Because AI is future)

Well, these all ideas i have at this time, I feel, this updates may change the game for Reallusion in 3D World.

Hopeful sooner or later, my request / recommendation get notice here & shortly we will get this updates / plugins in Iclone7 / CC3 future version.

[ Don't forget to share 3000 DA points, if you like my ideas Lol Smile ]

Regards,
Abhi
By Sp3c1alk - 3 Years Ago
There are a few add on I would love to see...

I see absolutely no reason we don't have a sweat/blood/water/fluid simulator in iclone. 

I see no reason there is not some type of smart lighting or realistic sun and shadow casting. 

I see no reason we don't have an add on that can create injuries. I would envision this as an option to turn on an object, when it collides with a character, it makes a mark and a small fluid animation. 
By Sp3c1alk - 3 Years Ago
We need an app for android for facial mocapp. 

A program to make clothing/armour would be helpful. I would envision this as section by section. Long sleeves, short sleeve chest, chest, robe, dress, 1/2 robe right, 1/2 robe left, shorts, pants, socks, boots, shoes, robe, dress, etc. Also different ways to combine them with seems. 
By SeanMac - 3 Years Ago
I should like to see a routine that allows a jump out of iClone to a piece of standard code that executes and returns a number of results ie data to a set of variables in iClone for subsequent use. Teh code jumped to could be any programming language.

I realise this is asking for trouble if the code fails to execute, but that is down to the coder.
You might have to impose time limits on the  return time, and some kind of matrix structure on the data returning. But the possibilities for expansion would be unlimited.
Regards
SeanMac
By Abhi29 - 3 Years Ago
I would also like to see Iclone do something with TOON RENDER Style, Recently I was watching trailer for What If.. ??  series by Marvel, that hits me with Idea, why Iclone 7 is not doing anything with such a beautiful shader style.. Toon Renders are hot cakes these days, and new plugin will help artist to create more beautiful models and renders for their ongoing project. i know iclone 7 has this option already, but honestly speaking  i will not rate their toon style render anyway near to optimum quality. its been a while, the feature stays like that only and feels its time now, some plugins should come in with powerful shader options.
By i4ugui - 3 Years Ago
I wish to have future plugin which could make easy paint and create anomated clothes for my character, like armor, boots, jewelry accessories, for RPG game or something else.
By dan_037361 - 3 Years Ago
Unreal/Unity Extended Skeleton Compatibility for Popular Frameworks
======================================================
In Unreal and Unity there are some hugely popular frameworks that are used for jumpstarting games. For example, the Advanced Locomotion System v4 (ALSv4) is so successful that Epic bought out the developer and hired him fulltime. Another one is Dynamic Combat System (DCSv2). There is a whole ecosystem of people that offer services for ALSv4 and similar, including the retargeting of skeletons for compatibility with such systems. Even though products like Character Creator already offer fantastic game engine compatibility and support, Reallusion could gain a market advantage by offering extended support for such popular frameworks, where plugins would automatically prepare the skeletons for increased compatibility and out-of-the-box plug-and-play. 

What is this plugin for?
Extended skeleton compatibility and integration for popular game engine frameworks/plugins

What functions are missing from the current RL plugin marketplace?
The plugin(s) would automate and slipstream the exporting (or importing) or Reallusion characters into the game engines with a automatic compatibility for the selected frameworks. For example, in ALSv4, the skeleton has some extended virtual bones to the standard UE skeleton - in this case the plugin would automatically prepare these virtual bones for the user, saving time and avoiding user-made mistakes.

Similar plugin and sample videos that demonstrate the idea:
The steps required to get Reallusion characters to work with game engines are often documented on YouTube for others to follow. Here is an example of the tedius steps required for Unreal ALSv4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4ezPyfha1Q

How would this plugin benefit other iClone users?
Exporting and importing characters is made even easier for popular engine frameworks/plugins, saving Reallusion users time and allowing more characters to be developed and tested. New (potential) users are drawn to Reallusion for ease-of-use, offering a clear advantage over upcoming alternates such as Epic Metahumans.

Thanks for your great products!

Dan Krusi
dan@nerves.ch
By pmbabela - 3 Years Ago
Hi! Team
We need a CC3 API.
Regards
Phumlani Mbabela
I would like to see the API have a way to get to child props.
That is the biggest feature missing.

I have already made videos in which I explain to me people in the instructions you have to detach the sub prop from the parent to be able to use the API, and that is a huge limitation / irritation.

Here is one such video:

I am currently making a wheel spin Python script, but again it would nice not to have to include instructions for detach the prop from its parent, which also requires instructions for reattaching and / or linking instead.

Thank you
By 0oseven - 3 Years Ago

replies to  planetstardragon

Yes - I have used pyswarm for having aircraft chase each other - its a good fetaure but not necessarily my first choice in extra funtion. 
"https://player.vimeo.com/video/85405551?badge=0&autopause=0&player_id=0&app_id=58479" 

In fact Carrara is my software of choice it can do SO MUCH even without the plug ins.and considering it has not had an update for over  12 years [ Daz dropped it } 
I recommend Reallusion take a hard look at it for inspiration especially the interface.    
By 0oseven - 3 Years Ago
deleted - as already posted - no delete button !!
By 0oseven - 3 Years Ago
I would like some kind of  fracture/ demoltion feature as found in Blender's free add ons.

By Stolpi - 3 Years Ago
* MIDI conversion tool for piano/keyboard *
Hi everyone!
I was working on a cartoon project with a Boogie piano player in a music clip but I had to stop it because I wasn’t able to run the old plug-in Menuett (http://hirospot.web.fc2.com/AutoPiano/index.htm) on iClone 7. Animating the clip note by note is just too time consuming and tedious. Of course I could just hide the hands behind the piano or use the already existing python tool for piano but that’s not sufficient for me. An accurate and precise keyboard and finger animation makes the whole difference as you can see here: https://beforesandafters.com/2020/12/11/how-midi-files-houdini-and-the-art-of-animation-made-piano-play-possible-in-pixars-soul/

Therefore I’m craving for any script which would help me making this and other clips come true.
I did the hand movements for a guitar, and it was a real pain. I got lazy and collected the clip in this video, and you can tell where it messes up.

I didn't know Python at the time. As for a piano or keyboard, Just moving fingers and pressing some keys might be doable. Doing the timing to music would be difficult, and getting the keys right would take some AI wizardry.

By animagic - 3 Years Ago
The timing is in the MIDI files, so if the API can read those that would give you the timing.

One problem is that in actual play the same note is not necessary always played by the same finger, it all depends on surrounding notes. So it is not just a straightforward mapping problem. 

I'm talking here as a piano player; a guitar may be different.
By Stolpi - 3 Years Ago
I don’t really expect a script that does the finger animation for me although it would be really great. I‘d be already happy if the keys were animated correctly as a guide for the finger movements.
By Stolpi - 3 Years Ago
@Data Juggler: if you follow my links then you‘ll see that it is possible regarding a piano. I don’t think that it‘d work so easily with a guitar except for strumming.
By 4u2ges - 3 Years Ago
From the top of my head.
Keyboard keys should be made physics enabled - with constraint and limited movements.
Then each finger should have a rigid dummy sphere inside fingertips attached to the distal.
This way you probably would not need a script. Just animate fingers and play.
You lost at the each finger part.

By 4u2ges - 3 Years Ago
Ten of those physics enabled spheres attached to each finger distal. That's easy.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/890b1645-a9a9-409a-851f-5159.jpg

Hardest part would be to make physics keyboard keys to go down and up as they collide with fingers (spring constraint?).
By rguy - 3 Years Ago
I guess this is probably more of a 2030 ideology but wouldn't it be cool to have different scripts that you could buy for every package that you bought that would auto generate different set ups and stages.
That way when some one created a package they could continue to market you new environments with their product. I'm sure you could sell a bunch with the Urban Construction Package. 
I've seen several of the owners set ups I'd like to auto generate. 
Please comment if you like that kind of plug in  idea or if you feel like I'm being too lazy ! lol ! 
I guess I could be overthinking it when people could just as easily create and sell different environments with out a plug in. 
By Stolpi - 3 Years Ago
This would maybe help if I were a great Boogie piano player but I’m not. I depend on MIDI. If someone helped me to run this old script here: http://hirospot.web.fc2.com/AutoPiano/index.htm then it would be fine for me too. But I know that there are always people who would be interested in a new script of this kind too and I don’t think that it would be too difficult for an experienced programmer to write it. Of course it hasn’t to be for free.
By Rampa - 3 Years Ago
So that link from Hirospot is actually doing the MIDI animation in a different application, then converting the animation and audio to work in iClone. There is a Python example for the current iClone using key commands to drive an instrument. So maybe someone can use that as a basis to convert MIDI to animation keys. See this video.

By Stolpi - 3 Years Ago
That would be awesome! 😍👍
By 4u2ges - 3 Years Ago
Physics keyboard keys concept. See if I can make a piano at some point with this.
Animated spheres are triggering keys to go down and springs bring keys back to the rest position.
The only thing would remain is to attach spheres to fingers and animate them.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3484ee25-c6cb-46f5-9de3-7939.gif
By bryan.NLG - 3 Years Ago
I second this! 

dan_037361 (7/19/2021)
Unreal/Unity Extended Skeleton Compatibility for Popular Frameworks
======================================================
In Unreal and Unity there are some hugely popular frameworks that are used for jumpstarting games. For example, the Advanced Locomotion System v4 (ALSv4) is so successful that Epic bought out the developer and hired him fulltime. Another one is Dynamic Combat System (DCSv2). There is a whole ecosystem of people that offer services for ALSv4 and similar, including the retargeting of skeletons for compatibility with such systems. Even though products like Character Creator already offer fantastic game engine compatibility and support, Reallusion could gain a market advantage by offering extended support for such popular frameworks, where plugins would automatically prepare the skeletons for increased compatibility and out-of-the-box plug-and-play. 

What is this plugin for?
Extended skeleton compatibility and integration for popular game engine frameworks/plugins

What functions are missing from the current RL plugin marketplace?
The plugin(s) would automate and slipstream the exporting (or importing) or Reallusion characters into the game engines with a automatic compatibility for the selected frameworks. For example, in ALSv4, the skeleton has some extended virtual bones to the standard UE skeleton - in this case the plugin would automatically prepare these virtual bones for the user, saving time and avoiding user-made mistakes.

Similar plugin and sample videos that demonstrate the idea:
The steps required to get Reallusion characters to work with game engines are often documented on YouTube for others to follow. Here is an example of the tedius steps required for Unreal ALSv4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4ezPyfha1Q

How would this plugin benefit other iClone users?
Exporting and importing characters is made even easier for popular engine frameworks/plugins, saving Reallusion users time and allowing more characters to be developed and tested. New (potential) users are drawn to Reallusion for ease-of-use, offering a clear advantage over upcoming alternates such as Epic Metahumans.

Thanks for your great products!

Dan Krusi
dan@nerves.ch

By jodelles.com - 3 Years Ago
I’d like to see a plug-in that maps 2d people/bones in 3d….or at least uses the work I’ve done on 2d people in “crazytalk” animator 4 and can import them for use in 3d. I’d like to use this feature to real time animate and to mix assets
By 0oseven - 3 Years Ago
Crikey ! How do you delete a post ! 

By jcampbell.cooke - 3 Years Ago
Like the idea. If possible the plugin should encompass the ability to morph one character into another e.g. a man into a wolf.
By Stolpi - 3 Years Ago
That’s already possible (with a workaround) if you use Genesis characters from DAZ3D and import them with purchased morphs like these ones:
https://www.daz3d.com/the-man-wolf 
https://www.daz3d.com/catalogsearch/result/?pp=40&q=Wolf&figure%5B%5D=Genesis+8+Male&figure%5B%5D=Genesis+8+Female&figure%5B%5D=Genesis&figure%5B%5D=Genesis+2+Male&s=score&p=1

but I’m not sure if you can import the fur without issues because I haven’t tried this yet.
By jcampbell.cooke - 3 Years Ago
Can you actually view the transformation as it happens?
By Stolpi - 3 Years Ago
Yes, that’s the fun part 😉 but another problem could be the the texture continually changing. I believe this is still not supported by iClone. Therefore it might be more convenient to render the metamorphosis in DAZ Studio (free).
By 4u2ges - 3 Years Ago
The biggest problem with transformations, is bones scaling. If the target has substantially larger armature, then the transformation would not look right (only mesh would transform).
That is because morphing in iClone/Morphs Creator does not support bones scaling.
It maybe possible to scale bones and match the target with Python (I did not research) one way or another.

Regarding texture, it is still possible to transform visually to some degree. Blend map comes to mind.
Like Base Color Map has initial avatar texture and Blend slot has target texture. Then sliding both in opposite on the timeline would give smooth transition/transformation.
For Normal and Roughness maps it is possible to combine both - source and target texture into a single map and then use UV transform to slide (sliding however should be rather quick or instant in this case).
This is going to be some work, but quite possible.

Here is a sort of Katherine to Caleb head transform without much detailing. It mostly smooth except for the normal and roughness maps, where it was done in just a few frames.
But the main problem here was eyeballs. Caleb morph moves eye bones, which is not translated by the Morphs Creator. So eyes were popping out as Caleb morph was applied.
I had to create a separate morph in Blender for eyeball mesh to position it properly and then synchronize it with the main morph.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/bc521f1c-c56e-46e8-992d-4839.gif

If we can scale/move bones based on source reference with Python , that would have been invaluable!
By Stolpi - 3 Years Ago
@4u2ges: Does DAZ Genesis characters have the same issues with the bones when imported with 3DXchange? I imported none standard bipeds with morphs and it worked quite well.

Would it be possible to use animated roughness maps?
By 4u2ges - 3 Years Ago
Well, it's not the character issue and it does not really matter what base it is. It's all about the nature of morphs generated in Morph Creator.
If it's just a mesh movement/scaling, then there is no problem to apply it via Morph Creator.
I made this tut before CC Transformer was introduced and Genesis mesh morphs became possible to gather directly from CC: https://youtu.be/ytIf52Cym0o

But as soon as morph involves bones movement/scaling, it would most likely look ugly and unnatural while applying it from Morph Creator.
Morph Creator used to even refuse to load iAvatar, which had scaled bones while comparing it with the target.
In latest versions it let it through, but still issues a warning (a popup message) about inability to process scaled bones.

Regarding Roughness/Metallic animation, it depends. If map is just a flat color shade image then it's quite possible: https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost356200.aspx
But if map is based on texture, then only *hard* swap is possible. I explained it in the link above as well.
Or if you can animate map elsewhere and make a video file, you can sure load it into any material channel.

There smooth transform with video texture for all maps

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2c2f55d1-fa79-4beb-b59f-004b.gif
By Stolpi - 3 Years Ago
 Or if you can animate map elsewhere and make a video file, you can sure load it into any material channel.“ 
That’s what I mean. Thanks for the information!
By Ascensi - 3 Years Ago
Automated Pupil Reaction From Light Sources With Gentle Squint Morphs

https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Automated-Pupil-Reaction-From-Light-Sources-With-Gentle-Squint-Morphs
By davidmaximo - 3 Years Ago
Here's the thing I've always wanted for Iclone:

basically port over Maya's "studio library" plugin to iclone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJvxlGpYc1o

This plugin is tremendously helpful in speeding up pose-to-pose animation. Something Iclone has always been clunky at. Particularly, iclone needs the ability to save out SELECTION SETS like this plugin. With selection sets you can store particular arm poses, or particular leg poses, or particular FACial expressions and drag out sliders to adjust how much influence a saved out pose modifies the current pose (like morph sliders, but for poses). Again similar to morph sliders, it's important to be able to blend multiple saved poses together using sliders. And I also think its highly important to combine both the facial aspects and body aspects in the same plugin. All the features of this maya plugin would be super helpful too like the mirror functions, etc.
By izaacperez03 - 3 Years Ago

Acomprehensive post process video plugin

1.Mention the purpose of this plugin: What is this plugin for?Thisplugin will enable a person to add video effects, color grading, and custom LUDsdirectly into iclone dramatically changing the mood and tone

2.Mention the roles that this plugin willfulfill: What functions are missing from the current RL plugin marketplace?The only plugin that somewhat does this isthe shaking camera plugin. It is a great feature, but it lacks other featuresthat would enhance user experience and creativity. Fog could be added. Nightvision simulation could be added. Both could be added. An 80s block blustercolor grade could be added to change the color and hues. Into a warmer or cooler color tone. Bright vivid colors could be exaggerated or a dull color could be used to invoke another mood. Someonemention adding a toon effect, this would also be a feature that can beperformed by the plugin

3.Please share similar plugin and samplevideos to demonstrate your idea.
On unrealengine there is a blueprint add on called Chameleon Post Process. I think this iswhat the plugin should aim to achieve.
This is avery comprehensive post process video blueprint that adds color grading andwhatever effect to create drastic changes to the tone and mood.

This iswhere the product is found

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/en-US/product/chameleon

This is avideo playlist of a small sample of what it can do

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK7ZBgUUeZW3fQIHA1wMYDZ8JXc4TRkPX

This is only a small sample of what is capablewith this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvvZnjEfAOc

4. Mention why this plugin is needed: Howwould this plugin benefit me and other iClone users?
This isneeded for people who are not skilled at manipulating color grading or creatingvideo effect on their own or from scratch. And for people who want to save time and skip adobe after effectsby the post process directly in I clone rather than to spend more time . There could be a lite version witha small sample and premium plugins with all the bells and whistles and new features.

By Stolpi - 3 Years Ago
@isaacperez03: I understand that you want a simple workflow without having to switch to other applications. But nevertheless the most people prefer a video editor for this task. I for my part use HitFilm Pro. HitFilm Express is for free and already very powerful and offers a vast amount of very helpful tutorials. You can really do some magic to your iClone renders e.g. with lens flares, lens dirt, volumetric light (god rays), laser swords and of course color grading. Some things like fog are already integrated in iClone if you have purchased Popcorn FX but HitFilm can do this too. You can buy for HF Expr. only the modules which you really need if you need any. The expensive alternative would be Adobe After Effects.
By griphonman - 3 Years Ago
The Fur PopcornFX plugin is great and only wish it could do more in two regards. First, it is great for making tall blowing grass but it only allows you to do small patches of grass at a time. I tried to piece together the patches but then some weird stuff happens to the combined pieces. It would be great if one could assign Fur to a larger plane.
Fur is also great on non-human characters like bears, monkeys, bigfoot etc. but controlling where the fur is distributed on the character is almost impossible to control through editing the source graphics/maps.It would be nice to have a Blender type fur/hair editing tool. I believe your fur plug-in has great unharnessed potential and if developed could drive many customers to IClone.
The following is the best I could do on my Bigfoot model using Fur. What's with the hair coming out of the eyeballs? Tried everything in the book to correct it.
https://youtu.be/Q879ouX4fR8
By jodelles.com - 3 Years Ago
I like our book props but i would like an optimized plugin to view/read a book as a character first and third person.  also to move around the book as if it it is the character almost...  and please please add a simple text option so you can create an easy book by copy past. who cares about formating... or maybe it would be easier to just open a predone pdf and easily flip through it by controls/character animation
jodelles.com (7/29/2021)
I like our book props but i would like an optimized plugin to view/read a book as a character first and third person.  also to move around the book as if it it is the character almost...  and please please add a simple text option so you can create an easy book by copy past. who cares about formating... or maybe it would be easier to just open a predone pdf and easily flip through it by controls/character animation

If this was built, and I put a pretty big IF, I think the pages would have to be images, not text.

Formatting matters.
By animagic - 3 Years Ago
Data Juggler (7/29/2021)
jodelles.com (7/29/2021)
who cares about formating...

Formatting matters.

YES!!!
By Samuraisouru - 3 Years Ago
I think will be a good idea to create soft body physics for our CCcharacters who can interact with imported objects or other characters and also soft body physics for the imported characters or objects from outside  ........Soft body based on brush so we can paint on any surface we want .... But this plughin must be for iclone ,and not for character creator ....Because we may like to paint not only on CC characters ,but also on other surfaces ,objects ,clothes ,cars ,buildings imported in iclone etc .....Something like unreal engine have ,or even better than that ........And also we may need motion tracking camera for iclone ,so we can interact in our scene with a video imported ........
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFmwLAwjsiU
By Samuraisouru - 3 Years Ago
Yes ....We need that ,just like we need H2O
By patra.tarpan - 3 Years Ago
A simple 2D physics plugging for Cartoon Animator will help a lot.
By japentt - 3 Years Ago
Suggested features:

1) An automated pupil animation to IClone = pupils of the charcater react to light sources automatically. Plus a manual morph option for pupils.

2) Motion Blur, but I guess that it is going to be part of iClone 8 anyways. Now it has to be done in post.
By Lockheart - 3 Years Ago

Have a OSC/VMC protocol support for Full body tracking with ThreeDPoseTracker pluging for iClone

ThreeDPoseTracker allows webcam based full body tracking. While the ThreeDPoseTracker application can be used freely for non-commercial and commercial uses, the source code is for non-commercial use only.

It allows transmitting its pose data using the VMC protocol to any application that is adapted to it. You can simply use normal webcam to capture fully body tracking to animate your avatar very accurately. 

Here an example of ThreeDPoseTracker using with another puppet software:

By SeanMac - 3 Years Ago
Hi lingsomnia

Looks good. Tell us more.

SeanMac
By charly Rama - 3 Years Ago
Guys, I've tried this and I'm in love. It's fluid and can give something good with only ONE simple webcam, I did not even use my Iphone  Okay, It's not the same result as PN or Xsens but it could help everyone without the chance to buy 3000 $ system BigGrin. the video is at the thread tips and tricks UE4
By PMclean - 3 Years Ago

Cartoon Animator 4 idea but could be expanded to the other software tools.

Add a way to export different file or web site formats for an export ready animation. It would be cool to have an export option to take animation and export to a templates HTML5 web page format that can be uploaded to a web hosting site and/or added as a WordPress add-on that takes the resultant web site files and links the url to a iframe placed on a wordpress page.

https://tumult.com/hype/export-scripts/

Patrick McLean
By 0oseven - 3 Years Ago
There is a very good cloth and hair simulator from Virtual World Dynamics which is paid software sold through Renderosity.
 Messing around with weight maps in Iclone is a pain. so a bridge to link VWD to Iclone is what is needed.
There are bridges for Daz Studio & Poser & others so it may not ne hard to make it  work with Iclone.

VWD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9RS3d_Dbmg

By stevew - 2 Years Ago
Add the kKey option to the LoadImageToTexture so we can automate changing of image textures with code.
By Savvas - 2 Years Ago
Hello everyone
I believe that it would really help many iclone artists who are in the 3D NFT collections market, if someone could create a python script to use various cloths and accessories from specific folders and apply them to a character in unique combinations and render them out automatically. I am talking about 3D generative NFTs art. I know that this can be done in blender with a pythin script and you can see it at the below link. 
https://github.com/torrinworx/Blend_My_NFTs
Maybe someone could make this specific script work for iclone? 
thank you 
By davood.kharmanzar - 2 Years Ago
we need an special python plugin to cleanup or better retargeting of Motion capture data ...
something like as former iKinema Live Action :]
for iClone 7.9x and up ...

By animagic - 2 Years Ago
Requesting updated information for the Python API so that we can use it in iClone 8. PLEASE! Smile
By Bobbydata - 2 Years Ago
Hello,
An HDRI ground projection can be great, good exemple is the HDRI Maker addon for Blender.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-4P-4t73jg

With nice option to change relief of the ground very fast.

Best.
Ethan

By SCE - 2 Years Ago
I'd really be grateful for a replacement for Audio Driven, or a port of it to iClone 8.
By Tugpsx - Last Year
MDBridge for CC4 is coming soon.
This is a bridge from Marvelous Designer to CC4.
Also i just added the Octane loader to CC4.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/803bee60-116e-4197-af8b-4f8a.png