Posted By JoeGideon 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Export Earrings with Physics from Iclone 7 to Unreal Engine

Author
JoeGideon
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I am having trouble getting my character that has earrings with physics into Unreal Engine. To be clear, I have all the Reallusion software (CC3, Iclone 7, 3Dxchange, Live Link, etc) to get my characters from the Reallusion ecosystem to Unreal Engine. In fact, I can get my characters into Unreal Engine easily - but if I have earrings with physics on the character, I get an error message from Unreal Engine, and the character import stops. 

My earring animation works great in Iclone 7. The earring setup is fairly straight forward: a small cylinder is parented to the characters head,  and the earring is attached via a hinge constraint to the cylinder. Then the cylinder and constraint are made invisible - voila - animated earrings with physics. 

But as I say, I need to get this into Unreal Engine. I would like the earrings to keep their physics, just as hair and cloth keep their physics when sent to Unreal Engine. 

Any ideas how I can get my character with earrings into Unreal? I would appreciate any help!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/78f1a92e-40d0-4f6e-b1fb-7983.gif

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/da74fbae-40bd-4cca-af98-ea20.png
Edited
4 Years Ago by JoeGideon
JoeGideon
JoeGideon
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Here's the error message I'm getting from Unreal Engine when attempting to send via Live Link with earrings with physics. If I turn off the physics, delete the constraints and parent the non-physics earrings with the character's head, the character is imported and there is no crash. However, then the earrings do not move in a natural way, so I need to have physics on these earrings. Anybody have any idea how to solve this problem?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c08f6271-4f57-4a8a-ad65-9745.png

JoeGideon
JoeGideon
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

(Not sure how this extra post happened, and I don't know how to delete it )
Edited
4 Years Ago by JoeGideon
helielfilmz
helielfilmz
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (464 reputation)Senior Member (464 reputation)Senior Member (464 reputation)Senior Member (464 reputation)Senior Member (464 reputation)Senior Member (464 reputation)Senior Member (464 reputation)Senior Member (464 reputation)Senior Member (464 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
May i ask how did you add physics to the earrings? I have been asking, but i haven't gotten a good enough explanation on how to do it. Please i need to know It will be greatly appreciated.https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2d3529c9-584c-487c-b90b-5dd9.png

What you know today will be obsolete tomorrow

Reading This Topic