Export Problems

Posted By hkhaneveer 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
hkhaneveer
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Have completely uninstalled CC3 and components and reinstalled twice now. Still getting the exact same problem. Any suggestions would be welcome.
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
hkhaneveer (7/30/2020)
Have completely uninstalled CC3 and components and reinstalled twice now. Still getting the exact same problem. Any suggestions would be welcome.

When you said "completely uninstalled", did you mean you have deleted Reallusion folders (I would delete it from Programs and Content location as well as clear Temp folder) after uninstall. Because most uninstalls leave traces behind.
Also registry. Not sure if you're proficient with registry editing. But I would clean Reallusion key from both HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE (that is if no other Reallusion products are installed on the computer)

hkhaneveer
hkhaneveer
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)

No, I didn't remove those folders or edit the reg keys. Sigh... I guess I should do that....   Thank you for your help, I wouldn't have thought about it. I tend to assume that when the fix for something is so often 'reinstall the program' that the uninstall routine actually removes everything that would interfere with that, but I know that's just a dream...

Oh, and I don't know how to edit the reg keys.
Edited
4 Years Ago by hkhaneveer
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Oh, and I don't know how to edit the reg keys.                               

Better not bother with it then. Just uninstall, delete manually everything related to CC on a disk. (In Program files and the Content location as well as Temp folder content).
And then try to reinstall. It it persists, then zip exported OBJ with texture folder and share it with Dropbox or similar cloud storage. You should also closely work with support and let them know it is still not working.
There must be a reason for that.

hkhaneveer
hkhaneveer
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

I was finally able to get back on this task today. Rampa sent me pretty detailed instructions (not entirely correct, but close enough for me to figure out the rest), and a link to a free registry cleaner, and I did a complete cleaning and a new install, and it seems to have fixed things (plus about 6k things the registry cleaner didn't like about my system- have no idea what they were).  Thanks for all your help with this, also.

Some notes for anyone having issues that lead to a reinstall-  it appears that Reallusion sometimes changes the names of its Appdata folders- search for any keywords relating to Reallusion.  Also, if you uninstall RL products through the Hub, it doesn't do much uninstalling, it apparently just severs the links to the executables- because it looked like the entire program was still in the folders in Program Files, and they had to be manually removed.

I still have no idea how the original problem was even possible, but at least it's fixed now.
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I am reviving this thread, because I got the same error just an hour ago. This time it was an export of CC3+ to FBX though.
I did export with Embed Texture unchecked so that the FBX file would be smaller. Next you know I got this weird mismatch between UV and texture in Blender.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1c178fa7-d681-4829-83ad-ddfd.jpg

After checking the texture source, I found out that ALL texture files were pulled from a folder which was created with some OBJ export I made a few days ago.
That folder was located in totally different sub-folder and had a different name. As you may see from a texture it was a CC3 base, hence the discrepancy is obvious.

I did close both iClone and CC, cleared temp folder, rebooted computer, searched for that path in registry to no avail. Exported again, but mismatch in texture path persisted.

The Fix: I did export same character with Embed Texture checked. Verified in Blender - problem persisted even with Embedded texture.
However, when I again unchecked Embed Texture on export from CC, the problem was miraculously gone and the texture was correctly pulled from .fbm folder.

I cannot replicate this bug anymore though. It is obviously a bug/glitch, where some texture path is hardcoded somewhere and then used randomly in consecutive exports.
The worst part is, that you might not even know that the texture was pulled from elsewhere (If both exports were the same base). Only minor details in skin shade or details would give it up.
I'll be watching it closely as I do a lot of exports, but I wish RL can check this on their end (there is a support ticker from hkhaneveer still exists).

Edited
4 Years Ago by 4u2ges
Jfrog
Jfrog
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
@4u2ges

This is really scary! 

The good news is that you know your way around and can see the problem, not like many of us.  Wink

When exporting to Unity for example,  I am never satisfied with the results, but my knowledge of the whole export process is a bit limited so I have no idea what is going wrong during the transfer. For example I get much better results using the legacy 3D render pipeline than when using the HDRP render pipeline. I asked the question many times but I haven't found anybody yet that provided a comparison picture of a character before export (Iclone) and after export (Unity). When I do the comparison tests myself, there is a huge drop in quality especially in HDRP.

Ryzen R9 5950x, RTX 3090, 128Gb Ram ,2 x 2 TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 SSD

Horror Stories in VR
Immersive Sound VR
Immersive Sound VR on Oculus TV

Edited
4 Years Ago by Jfrog
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

This is really scary!

It is Ermm
As to unity, I hope it is not the problem I was facing today. Unfortunately I do not export to 3-rd party apps for render. Hopefully someone with unity experience would clarify that for you.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 28 minutes ago
4u2ges (8/16/2020)
 but I wish RL can check this on their end (there is a support ticker from hkhaneveer still exists).

I will pass on your feedback but it will really help if you can add the issue in the Feedback Tracker as well.  The CC team will then give any feedback about the issue there. Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I will Peter. Thanks.

Reading This Topic