Your iClone 5 Feature Suggestions

Posted By Master Ali 14 Years Ago
Rated 4 stars based on 4 votes.
Author
jwm2002
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Armstrong (5/30/2010)
Whilst updating some of my Characters finally oh my God finally FINALLY ............... Smile I was pondering a method of making small raindrop styled glass beads with a mapped cycling anim on their surface....
THEN I was going to attach these to cloth hanging form the head dress so that they would sway with the movement of the material...
But...
I was only going to make the material invisible anyway so that the beads appeared suspended and they'd effectively bounce.

WHY NOT INSTEAD.....
My Request.
Can we have it so that we can attach objects remotely to characters (for instance) say, about two feet away from her head... but that when that character moves; turns, there's a slight [adjustable-controllable] delay before the objects follow suit in an ease in ease out manner?
As if you're pulling something magnetic through treacle. Ermm I'm trying to be thorough here!

This would not only be superb for things like garments, diamond tiaras where the diamonds are to appear as if suspended on wires...

1) But it would also be good for things like lil flying bats around a characters head...
2) A formation of aircraft where a squadron of 8 go into a coordinated dive on the enemy with variables allowing staggered follow on after the leader...
3) A shoal of Koi Carp (incidentally Smile Marginally biased on this one!!!) would be able to swim in a superb shoal effect ESPECIALLY if the follow through control allowed slight variance on delay and easing speeds. WOAH... I mean THIS would be amazing....
And Thi Mai (pr. Tee MY) could have utterly the most amazing sparklies with a gravity effect slightly delayed behind each wing motion.
4) A Swarm of Bees..... Even this could be stunning with 7 simple 2D planes of Bee graphics attached to one singular which is pathed allowing the others to randomly follow it in delayed sequence in close quarters........... instant Bee Swarm.
5) Bubbles in a drink of Champers. One key bubble, 50 tagged with varying eas in ease out follow attachment.
6) Ducks on a pond, leaves on a tree, Cars in a race, birds migrating, Herd of Horses galloping, Clouds drifting, do I go on?

I haven't got the slightest idea what you'd call it though. "Gravity Attachment." "Momentum Attachment."
But it's a definite must have. Smile

Tied into particles this would give scope to things you just cant explain.

This is a passing thought. I cant find it in any of the other software's descriptions.
Incidentally 4.2 is singing this end. The 3D effects are spooky.
Armstrong.

What you are referring to is often called expressions or scripts in other programs.

"Siouxie Sioux" - Super...
"Siouxie Sioux" - Super...
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Which particular word replacement. How do you mean expression? Scripts sems a bit vague. How odd. I am trying to find a video example but even throughout YouTube I cannot find anything that defines. 

???

iClone Marvel Comic Styled lovable Superhero No.1.
(Since 2005 v 1.5 iClone)
www.SiouxieSioux.com

Edited
14 Years Ago by "Siouxie Sioux" - Super Hero No.1
jwm2002
jwm2002
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
"Siouxie Sioux" - Super Hero No.1 (5/30/2010)
Which particular word replacement. How do you mean expression? Scripts sems a bit vague. How odd. I am trying to find a video example but even throughout YouTube I cannot find anything that defines. 

???

If that was directed to me?

I'm specifically referring to this request:

turns, there's a slight [adjustable-controllable] delay before the objects follow suit in an ease in ease out manner?
As if you're pulling something magnetic through treacle

Compositing programs like After Effects have expressions where you can either create null layers and link or parent positioning/movement parameters using mathematical expressions (formulas).  Vector and 3D based programs like Flash, Blender, and even iClone already have scripting abilities to use code to write small macro type instructions/behaviors.  iClone has it for motion editing called AML Editor:

http://developer.reallusion.com/amleditor.aspx

Basically, this scripting needs to be opened up even further with more commands to give better control with such things such as parenting for delayed movements and such.

DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Hi Test01, yes I was asking. I'll take a look at the AML scripting editor.

martok2112
martok2112
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I would like to see (if the idea hasn't been mentioned already) 3D texting capabilities. The ability to make dynamic logos and opening titles for your movies would be cool.

Also, independent sizing of object sides would be nice. (Instead of uniformly resizing all sides of a primitive, you can pick a side, and resize it. This would allow more flexibility in "block modeling".)

"Incompetence will always prevail so long as evil men stand by and do nothing."
-Martok2112

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Thank you for the continued feedback and suggestions. The viability of all the suggestions put forward will be reviewed by the iClone Development Team. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)

WIND DIRECTION.

Dear Reallusion Crew...
Would it be possible to have a global wind direction and strength control and then on each object like Cloth have a simple percentage scale that controls just how much it reacts to the wind?
Working on multiple canvasses in the exhibition, it would shave off some good time as an efficiency upgrade.
Armstrong.

DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Dear Reallusion Crew...

I'm working on rebuilding my Canvases for the Exhibition once more. Smile I'm trying to do a fancy composition with the flags edge on. They react to the flex setting randomly but... I noticed when I was working on some rerenders for Thi Mai (pr. tee MY Smile ) that the wing glow maps were only visible on one side. This was FANTASTIC as a choice for Both or One because visually it added another eyecandy element and was gorgeous.

Can we have this as a choice, glow on both side or one? And also I cant get the same effect in Version 4.2. Blink Did you fix it? Can you optionally UN-fix it please. Tongue Because its so lovely.

Armstrong. 

Edited
14 Years Ago by Armstrong
dh216832
dh216832
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (481 reputation)Senior Member (481 reputation)Senior Member (481 reputation)Senior Member (481 reputation)Senior Member (481 reputation)Senior Member (481 reputation)Senior Member (481 reputation)Senior Member (481 reputation)Senior Member (481 reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
I'd like to see the following items implemented:

1. God Rays
2. Light texture baking
3. Large animation sets
4. Time of day

Quest3D will be releasing Silex3D ( http://silex3d.com/ ) and while I think it will have limitations that might preclude it from facial character animations, the visualization system looks to be advancing quite nicely. Ship Simulator is written in Quest3D. Looks like silex3D will be an actual easy to use pre-vis program.

I've been working on an IC4 version of the 2006 quest video winner for a while now:

Video:

http://download.quest3d.com/Demos/Quest3D_Demo_AzureTemple.wmv

downloadable demo of the scene:

http://download.quest3d.com/Demos/Quest3D_Demo_AzureTemple.exe

Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I agre. Time of day and thigns like that would be really great... an envirenment editor in short.

ANd yes I suggested god rays awhile back.

----------------------------------------------------
***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

Player not working? Use this link.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Creation begins at the core.

Reading This Topic