Posted By Master Ali 14 Years Ago
Rated 4 stars based on 4 votes.
Author
W00t
Master Ali
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (914 reputation)Veteran Member (914 reputation)Veteran Member (914 reputation)Veteran Member (914 reputation)Veteran Member (914 reputation)Veteran Member (914 reputation)Veteran Member (914 reputation)Veteran Member (914 reputation)Veteran Member (914 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 13 Years Ago
Hello Everybody,

These are the features I want in iClone 5. I hope iClone 5 gets released within 2 months.

Suggestion 1: 3D Character, Prop, Accessory modelling feature.
Newbies don't want to spend $hundreds on third party 3D Modelling softwares as this puts us off from spending more money on animation softwares like iClone.
Whatever, 3D Modelling softwares Reallusion has recommended on it's website, I want iClone 5 to have all these softwares' features put together in iClone 5 (providing there would be no intellectual property infringement issue later on due to this action).

Rather than spend $200 - $300 on a third party 3D Modelling software, I'd rather spend an extra $50 - $100 more on iClone 5 than what it cost everyone on iClone 4.
Why ? Because, then I'll be getting all the important features in a single software. I won't have to buy 4-5 standalones separately one by one to have all the necessary features for my animations to be completed. I won't need to spend money on 4-5 standalones, where one is for 3D Human Character modelling, another is for 3D Beasts (animals, birds, fishes, mammals, reptiles, dinosaurs, etc.) modelling, another is for 3D Props & Accessories modelling, another is for 3D Environment modelling, etc.).
And we won't need iClone 3DExchange anymore. And, if that's going to be a loss for Reallusion then Reallusion might aswell just add the loss amount onto iClone 5.
Eg. If iClone 4 costs $200 and iClone 3D Exchange costs $50 then make the price for iClone 5:
$200+$50+$50=$300.
(Note: The 3rd "$50" amount is the extra amount for all the 3D modelling features I mentioned above).

Spending $300 on iClone 5 is better than spending:
1. $200 on iClone 5;
2. $ 50 in iClone 3DXchange;
3. $200 on a third party 3D Modelling software.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Total = $450.

My Experience:
(I just spent the last 15 days searching anxiously for the right 3D Modelling software for me and I hate such shopping arounds. Why couldn't Reallusion just build their own 3D Modelling software so we can have everything in one package and not spend our precious time shopping around hither and thither like that ? What a bother !!!).

Conclusion to this suggestion:
A. Every iClone member saves money from having to buy third party 3D Modelling softwares that are not price attractive. Reallusion serves customer's money-saving interests.
B. Every iClone member saves time from having to shop around for third party 3D Modelling softwares that will be compatible with iClone. Reallusion serves customer's time-saving interests.
C). What customers would have spent on third party softwares they spend a fraction of that on iClone 5 and meet Reallusion's interest.
----------------------------------------------------

Suggestion 2: Combine CrazyTalk, iClone and iClone 3DExchange into one single software to avoid compatibility issues.
The full features of the then current CrazyTalk and iClone 3D Exchange versions should always be built into the then released version of iClone. It should be like this for all future iClone versions.
Eg. CrazyTalk 7 and iClone 3DExchange 3 should be built into iClone 5.
Note: Reallusion can still sell CrazyTalk and 3DExchange versions as separate standalones on the side (at their usual price) to other people who are not interested in iClone.

Conclusion to this suggestion:
A. Every iClone member saves RAM.
Have 3 large softwares (CrazyTalk, iClone and iClone 3DExchange) open together and a lot of members (who are new to animation) with less RAM will experience a lot of freezes and crashes which will drive them away from this community.
My suggestion will save a lot of members (who still stick with this community) from having to throw away their laptops for a new one with more RAM.
B. We won't have to face the CrazyTalk file output compatibility issue ever again in iClone like we did 2 years back.

My Experience:
Two years ago, I ordered CrazyTalk 5 and iClone 2. I didn't like it back then when I was told to downgrade to CrazyTalk 4.6 if I want my CrazyTalk files to work in iClone 2.
People can't be bothered to install and uninstalling CrazyTalk back and forth like this from version to version and frankly not everyone wants to bother buying CrazyTalk 6 and iClone 4 because I hear they lack some handy features from their predecessors. That brings me to my third suggestion.....
-------------------------------------------------------

Suggestion 3: Feature Inheritance.
All newer versions of CrazyTalk, iClone and iClone 3DExchange that get built-in to the then newly released version of iClone should inherit all the features (every single one of them) their predecessors had.
This way, we don't have to switch back and forth from predecessor to ancestor and vice-versa simply because the latter doesn't have a feature which is useful to our current projects.

Conclusion: Reallusion wisely lets members be the judge of what features they need on the newer versions and what not.
--------------------------------------------------------

Suggestion 4: 2D Images (foregrounds & backgrounds) to 3D (foregrounds & backgrounds) Images feature.
Have you seen all those softwares that take your 2D still objects and characters (2D foregrounds) and output them as 3D still objects and characters (3D foregrounds) ? Eg. Archipelis Designer.
I want something like this in iClone 5 but also with the feature to batch process the still images and movie files.
Why should we spend time shopping around for a third party standalone ? We just don't have time for that. It's better that, Reallusion does that for us when it researches all the popular "2D to 3D Image" softwares out there on the market and then produce similar but better features built into iClone 5 (providing there would be no intellectual property infringement issue later on due to this action).

Likewise, when future versions of iClone come-out, they should have all the handy features of all the then newly released versions of all those popular "2D to 3D Image" softwares that exist in the market at those particular times the iClone versions get released.

Conclusion: With this new feature, we will be able to:
1. turn our 2D cartoon Characters into 3D cartoon Characters which look cartoonish.
2. turn our 2D cartoon backgrounds into 3D cartoon backgrounds which look cartoonish.
3. turn our 2D real looking Characters into 3D real looking Characters which don't look cartoonish.
4. turn our 2D real looking backgrounds into 3D real looking backgrounds which don't look cartoonish.
Providing there would be no intellectual property infringement issue later on due to this action, iClone 5 should have something like this feature but better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuoljANz4EA
On that link, did you see how each 2D real looking Backgrounds got turned into 3D real looking backgrounds ? The backgrounds did not get turned into 3D cartoon back-ground did they ? No.
Now, we want to be able to do something similar in iClone 5 but also with the extended feature to turn 2D foregrounds (eg. real people and creatures) into 3D foregrounds.

Suggestion 5: 3D to 2D feature.
Same feature as my 4th suggestion but in the reverse order. Meaning, instead of turning still 2D picture files and 2D movie files to 3D, it will do the opposite.

Suggestion 6: Photo to Sketch/Cartoon.
Have you seen all those softwares that take your "2D still photoh inputs" (non-cartoon inputs) and turn them into "2D still cartoon outputs" ? If not, then try googling.
I like "Photo To Sketch" and "Photo To Colour Sketch".
They turn my 2D "non-cartoon photohs" into 2D "sketches (Pencil colour)" and 2D "cartoonish colours (pen colours, crayon colours, oil painting colours, etc)".
I want something like this in iClone 5 but also with the feature to batch process still image files and movie files.

Conclusion:
If all future versions of iClone have this feature built-in then buyers can always input their "non-cartoon" still images or movie files into iClone (like their wedding videos) and zap them into sketch or cartoonish coloured (Pen coloured, Crayon coloured, Oil Painting coloured) "still image" files or "movie" files something like this:
http://www.caricaturesoft.com/animation/index.php
http://www.caricaturesoft.com/animation/index.php?n=1
What you see on the above links were not drawn by hand nor drawn by any software before getting it animated. Someone just input their video clip onto the "Animation From Movie" software and it automatically turned the real colours of each frame from the movie to sketch colour. I want something like this in iClone 5.
However, on the above link, you saw a sketch animation in 2d. In iClone 5, we should have the feature to further develop our 2d sketch/cartoon coloured videos to 3d sketch/cartoon coloured videos (depending on what we choose: Sketch or cartoon colour).

Imagine you input your wedding video into iClone 5 that show 2d back-grounds and within minutes it outputs a flash sketch/cartoonish movie for your website show-casing all your guests as 3D sketches/cartoons in 3D sketch/cartoon backgrounds. BigGrin.

Suggestion 7: Cartoon to Photoh Colour.
Same feature as my 6th suggestion but in the reverse order. Meaning, instead of turning still image files and movie files of the real world colour into cartoonish colour, it turns cartoonish coloured files into the real world coloured files.

Suggestion 8: Black & White to Colour.
This feature is self explanatory. It turns all Black & White still image files and movie files' frames to coloured files (Real Colours, Pen Colour, Sketch, Oil Painting Colour, etc.).

Suggestion 9: Photoh Colour to Black & White
This feature is self explanatory. It turns all coloured files (Real Colours, Pen Colour, Sketch, Oil Painting Colour, etc.) still image files and movie files' frames to Black & White.

Suggestion 10: Overlapping 3D Objects.
Have you ever gone to the cinemas and watched a 3d movie wearing 3d glasses be it a cartoon movie or a real world movie (non-cartoon) ?
If so, have you noticed the difference between this kind of movie that need 3d glasses for viewing and the normal 3d cartoon movies you see on tv that don't need these 3d glasses for viewing ?
More can be found about this kind of 3d effect here:
http://science.howstuffworks.com/3-d-glasses.htm

Now, wearing these 3d glasses, gives you the notion that the actors you see on the cinema screen are more nearer to you than their backgrounds. And likewise, one actor seems more nearer to you than the other. (What do you call this 3d effect ? There must be some name to it since it's different than the other ordinary 3d effect iClone is used to).
Anyway, we want to make similar effects on our iClone movies. iClone 5 should output movies that when you watch them without these 3d glasses you still see the movie in such an effect as if you were wearing the 3d glasses. Meaning each character should seem more nearer to us than the other and they must look much nearer to us than their backgrounds.
However, if iClone 5 fails to come-up with the correct algorithm to make this effect work on our movies where viewers won't need to wear these 3d glasses to see our movies in this 3d overlapping effect because the movies look blurry without these glasses (like they look blurry in the cinemas when you your glasses off) then I'm still satisfied if I can view my iClone 5 produced movies in such 3d effects with the 3d glasses on my eyes.

Suggestion 10: Face and Body Morphing.
We should be able to slowly change a Characters face from male to female, young to old, human to other creatures (like they do in the films like Manimal and werewolf movies). Likewise should be able to do for the body.

Suggestion 11: Voice Morphing.

Suggestion: 12 Free Content Packs.
Those content packs which I have wished for should come free as default motions and royalty free in iClone 5.
My wish-list can be found in the "What is your wishful content pack ?" thread situated in the "Reallusion Forum".

Everybody, please make your comments to let Reallusion know which of my suggestions you would like implemented on iClone 5.
Frankly, every feature I have suggested here will come in handy to you one day one way or the other, don't you think ?
Just imagine, how much money you'd make when you offer to turn videos of weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, etc. into cartoon videos where every person in the videos will look cartoonish on real colour backgrounds that look 3d. It's amazing what you can do with a little imagination. Just let your imagination roll here a little.

Cheers ! BigGrin

Ladies & Gentlemen,
kindly read all my threads and make your valuable posts there.
My posts can be found here:
https://forum.reallusion.com/Search1-1-2.aspx?SessionID=pptlcxvofujmwaaeru5s1a45&SortBy=2&SortOrder=1
Edited
14 Years Ago by Master Ali
Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi. I saw this post in the other thread and WOW that's a lot. but yes some of these thigns can be done even if it is in different software but the software is freee.

As for 3D modeling and sculpting and things, I do agree that at least basic texture editing in realtime 3D would be great in iClone. Ok so maybe if I wanna do some complex thigns, I do it elasewhere but for basic texturing yeah.

And you can block model in iClone. (modeling with primitives) so in a sence, you can model in iClone for structures and things.

I just wish they had some rounded 3D blocks.

***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

Player not working? Use this link.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Creation begins at the core.
warlord720
warlord720
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Replicate and scatter... a script recorder would be nice too but replicate and scatter with an input as to number of objects to replicate/scatter. This would make short work of creating a scene with detail.

--------------------------------------------------
I LIVE to anymate, irritate and machinamate. Not necessarily in that order.

Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Whoa that is such a good request I hink I'll make a new thread on it with credit to the above poster of course.

***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

rmolina88
rmolina88
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (235 reputation)Junior Member (235 reputation)Junior Member (235 reputation)Junior Member (235 reputation)Junior Member (235 reputation)Junior Member (235 reputation)Junior Member (235 reputation)Junior Member (235 reputation)Junior Member (235 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I want character/object morphing.

Like morphing Jane into Jack. Tongue
peteradam6
peteradam6
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

During install, iClone 5 should drop a link to the full PDF manual on the desktop (not just the quick-start booklet). As far as I can remember, iClone 4 makes it very difficult to find the full manual after install.

| iClone 5 Pro | 3DXchange 4 Pro | popVideo Converter 2 | CrazyTalk 6 Pro | CrazyTalk Animator Pro |
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)

Hi,

1) Motion blur

2) IBL Lights/Ambients ( So we can place several IBL maps at different places, lighting of each object would vary according to its position by interpolating closest maps. )

3) Channels Rendering / Post Compositing/FX at once ( ability to render several 'channels' and composite thoses channels in realtime to give the final image ).

4) Deferred Rendering ( so we can avoid 4 lights limitation.. )

5) Animation Curves Editing..

6) Procedural animation ( scripting, plugins, behaviors, .. )

7) iClone SDK so we can add plugins, tools, effects, etc.. Either scripting or compiled or both.

8) Softimage|XSI tools for creating G3/G4 Characters, Custom Visemes..

Guy.

--
guy rabiller | GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
"N.O.E." (Nations Of Earth) Sci-Fi TV Show, Showrunner.

Edited
14 Years Ago by grabiller
Paumanok West
Paumanok West
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
grabiller (3/30/2010)

5) Animation Curves Editing..

6) Procedural animation ( scripting, plugins, behaviors, .. )

I suspect these aren't missing simply because development hasn't had the time to implement them. Just guessing, but I have this hunch that Reallusion doesn't see the audience for the product in this way. From Blender to Maya and beyond, there are already packages for people who can and will animate this way (5, 6). I sense that iClone was envisioned for the rest of us.

After all, iClone scripting already exists--it's called AML. If you're so hot to script, script that! (This is considerably less sarcastic than it sounds. We need AML scripters--can you become one?)

General Picture - animating now to life itself(tm)
Member of Content Wizards
Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

iClone already has IBL though...

Hmmm Peter said that ic5 hasn't even been announced. So let's just say for the next update.

And yes, Pau is right. There are other programs to do advanced animations in. You can just use that, get 3DX 4 Pro, and BAM, the day is your's because now you can import whatever you want...

HOWEVER I STILL thing physics INCLUDING ragdoll physics is needed and would be much appreciated. Yeah yeah, we can go make and bake those somewhere else, but I think this is something that a lot of people ("pro" or not) would benefit from. But they did say they were working on it. So let's not let the "Oh it's in everything else" be an excuse for them to use not to put it in.

Maybe iClone can't have everything, but I think the key things it should have are things to do with exactly what the end user and director will be needing... those things being:

1. Improvements to do with lighting and initial scene design. (That means not EVERY little detail of every object can be modeled, but things can be more easily set up (i.e. a duplicator or replicator, more lighting features)

2. Textures (more texture features such as realtime painting on EVERY object, not just the face. Yeah we can go get another program and do ADVANCED painting in, but I think we shouldn't have to go to another program to do some simple painting.

3. animation: Here it comes again, ragdoll physics and rigid body physics for objects. (rigid body means like cubes and sphere s and other thins have physical properties that you can chge so they can now fall and tumble over each other. Some things can be heave, some things can be light, some things can be bouncy.
3b: soft body physics... uh... This is a bit more complicated, but it can be used for things like cloth... we kind of already have this for cloth like objects, so this isn't TOO important right now, but it'd still be great to have squishy objects.
3c: fluid dynamies... uh... this is a bit harder to do than even soft body I THINK... but it could be done.
3d (lol 3D) Interactive water planes. YES that means if an object comes in contact with the water, it rippiles and if (physics needed) an object falls in from far away or something, the water could splash. That could take some grunt work out of the animation if some one were to jump in the water.

Uh... that may cover all of it or most of it I think... no wait.

4. Camera: Motion blue would be a great thing to have as well. Also another cool thing to have would be other post processing filters like black and white and maybe even some other ones I didn't think of.

Wow if the next upgrade of iClone had all this, I don't think I could afford it for a while. (imagines price going up to 400+ dollars) However then again, MachStudio Pro's like... 4,000 dollars and that's basically iClone on... well... something beyond staroids. Man I'd love to try that baby out.

But anyway, yep, there's my thoughts.

***BEST OF THE CORE**

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Xentient
Xentient
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
I've been hovering around since IC2 days and feel almost ready to seriously make the plunge after the recent IC4 progress. 
Edited
8 Years Ago by Xentient

Reading This Topic