Why Daz?

Posted By hkhaneveer 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
hkhaneveer
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I'm new to all this, but I'm wondering why importing DAZ characters is such a big thing for CC3? After all, CC3 is basically a tool for creating characters, as opposed to having to buy them individually a la DAZ, right?  I get why taking advantage of all those DAZ clothing and hair assets is very attractive, but not the characters. What's the advantage?
jeffkirkland
jeffkirkland
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Attractive to me because I’m a long-time DAZ user, And have hundreds of gigabytes of characters, clothing and props. I probably wouldn’t use iClone if I had to start again and not bring assets across. 

Jeff Kirkland | Director • Cinematographer • Storyteller
Hobart • Tasmania • www.one18films.com
SYSTEM: AMD Ryzen 5 5500 | 32gb RAM | RTX 3060 12gb | 1tb SSD System | 6tb HDD Storage
will2power71
will2power71
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Mostly, I think it's because DAZ has the largest library of pre-built assets available. A lot of users want to animate the characters they've created in DAZ, but DAZ Studio isn't the best application when it comes to being a hobbyist and budding animator. So most DAZ users were sitting there with an impressive library of chracters, props and other assets that they couldn't use for animation. Being able to port them to CC3 makes it possible for them to bring their characters to life, so to speak --at least that's the way I see it. I'm sitting on top of a DAZ runtime that's about 500GB in size that have all kinds of figures that I have amassed over the years. People would not want to just leave all that behind so the best option is to provide a path for them to get the shapes into iClone where it's easy to animate. 
AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
will2power71 (7/26/2020)
Mostly, I think it's because DAZ has the largest library of pre-built assets available. A lot of users want to animate the characters they've created in DAZ, but DAZ Studio isn't the best application when it comes to being a hobbyist and budding animator. So most DAZ users were sitting there with an impressive library of chracters, props and other assets that they couldn't use for animation. Being able to port them to CC3 makes it possible for them to bring their characters to life, so to speak --at least that's the way I see it. I'm sitting on top of a DAZ runtime that's about 500GB in size that have all kinds of figures that I have amassed over the years. People would not want to just leave all that behind so the best option is to provide a path for them to get the shapes into iClone where it's easy to animate. 

Quoted for complete agreement. 👍

RAG DOLL COLLISION ANIMATIONS FOR ICLONE 8 & 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Origins
My latest Feature length film created with Iclone.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/adf9b210-df59-4cb6-aa1b-9de5.jpg

hkhaneveer
hkhaneveer
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Well, that kinda makes sense... since I don't use iClone, it doesn't make sense for me. For me, CC3 is about creating characters, I'm not even going to render anything in CC3. 
AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Even if you Dont use Iclone,CC3 pipeline is a Great way to leverage ALL Generations of your Daz Characters
Shapes,clothing & Skin textures and use them in other applications.
I animate in Iclone because DAZ studio has no IK Foot/floor contact system,
A broken timeline & key frame editor that wont save morph data after you close a session
an inferior Facial/lipsynch animation tool ,unless you buy a $200 Iphone based plugin that only works with ONE gneration of Daz Character
(G-8)
Daz just released a bunch of "bridge" plugins to send Genesis 3/8 Character rigs over
to Autodesk 3DMax ,Maya, Maxon C4D,and Blender.
But the plugins dont send over animation Data
and the Blender plugin creates Massive Blender scene files that bloat up to as much as 18 Gigabytes!! 
for ONE Genesis 8 Female without any animation Data.
I recently sent this converted Daz Character
from CC3 over to Blender 2.8 with a 900 frame animation and my Blender scene file
is only 500 megabytes. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Origins

wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
so you can use CC3 by itself?
I never really figured out all the dependencies as previous stuff needed iClone
I am on iC6 pipeline and a low income so fully upgrading to 7 even on sale pretty much impossible for me at least until the economy picks up (I lost 30K🙀)
but if CC3 is standalone I could plausibly use it with Carrara, UE4 and other apps
I export a lot of my iC6 stuffs to Carrara for Octane anyway 

animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
wendyluvscatz (7/27/2020)
I am on iC6 pipeline and a low income so fully upgrading to 7 even on sale pretty much impossible for me at least until the economy picks up (I lost 30K🙀)
but if CC3 is standalone I could plausibly use it with Carrara, UE4 and other apps

CC3 Pipeline became a standalone character creator with direct export options to various target applications. This was to make it attractive for game developers.

One thing though, CC3 characters are not compatible with iClone 6, but if you do your stuff elsewhere that would not matter.

To purchase: https://www.reallusion.com/store/product.html?l=1&p=cc.

More information: https://www.reallusion.com/character-creator/default.html.

Wendy, I hope your economic prospects improve! 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 9 hours ago
wendyluvscatz (7/27/2020)

Hi Wendy

Yes Character Creator 3 Pipeline is a standalone product with full export capability (you don't need 3DXchange).

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Wendy,
If you have CC3 pipeline ( which I strongly reccommend)
you could actually keep your older 6.5 for creating/saving imotion
files and attach any Imotion or imotion+ file to any CC3 Avatar during the export process from CC3.
There are export presets in CC3 for the major 3DCC apps & engines like MAya C4D Blender
unity UE4,
I used the Blender preset for the animation I posed up thread
I cannot offer any advice on going from CC3 to Carrarra.
You wont be able to use any of the CC3 avatars in version 6.5 but you can save them locally 
as converted CC3 content in your CC3 libraies including clothing ,shapes skins and hairs from genesis 1,2,4,8.
or even imported custom clothing meshes as I do since I develop my own.
The CC3 cloth rigging tools are far better than the Daz tools 
Like you,I still have version 6.5 pipeline installed on my older PC
but I did upgrade to the base version of 7.x on my new tower
During the 50 percent off 'Covid 19 " sale that ended last month
This allows me to use my converted Daz people directly in iclone and use the Digtal human shaders
clothing and hairs and improved animation
tools in version 7.x.

Ghost Origins

Reading This Topic