PopcornFX God Ray

Posted By lvanvalk 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
lvanvalk
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
I was following the tutorial in creating God Rays but when it came to replacing the emitter/alpha 32 diffuse letters with the Diffuse Ray photo I can't find it in the texture/diffuse popcorn folder or anywhere when I ran a search on my hard drive. I then tried using the sample God Ray but it will only activate outside the room and it won't let me edit it to what I need. I then tried to copy and paste the sample diffuse photo into the tutorial I was using but I couldn't copy from the sample. Where do I get the God Ray photos I need to complete my project? I thought it was included with PopcornFX.

Thank you,
Lorraine

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d4a7c728-44a9-4499-811e-c287.png
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
When you select a map and click Launch, it will open the map in a default image editor (which you should configure in Preferences).
From there you may edit the image and apply it back as a map.

In addition, clicking Launch would create a cashed copy of the image in iClone temp folder (you can also see where the iClone temp folder is in Preferences)

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a0ace9f5-e2fd-4ea9-827a-eaf6.jpg

Edited
4 Years Ago by 4u2ges
lvanvalk
lvanvalk
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

I was able to click the save button of the God Ray particle sample photo and saved it to my computer to use for the tutorial. For some reason the only option available yesterday was to adjust the color. Thank you so very much for your help.
Lorraine
lvanvalk
lvanvalk
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

This probably a dumb question but how do I activate the GI settings? Thank you.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6eb4d6f9-4e74-4657-b9b3-e676.png
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
You have to turn Global Illumination ON. And most likely to shut all other lights and IBL in the project to actually see the effect of illumination from God Rays.
She is only illuminated from the effect here.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/061e13f6-9e2a-43ba-9216-7c8a.jpg

Reading This Topic