Profile Picture

How to sync iClone audio and facial animation with UE4 sequencer when using LiveLink?

Posted By wouter.weynants 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

How to sync iClone audio and facial animation with UE4 sequencer when...

Author
wouter.weynants
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (242 reputation)Junior Member (242 reputation)Junior Member (242 reputation)Junior Member (242 reputation)Junior Member (242 reputation)Junior Member (242 reputation)Junior Member (242 reputation)Junior Member (242 reputation)Junior Member (242 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi!

I'm trying to work out a good efficient workflow to rapidly record and iterate takes.
For this, I set up mocap and face tracking with iClone and use LiveLink to animate the characters in UE4.
I press record in the sequencer and record in iClone, then act out the scene.
Now that the recording is done, I use iClone to refine the mouth's animation based on the audio waveform.
I don't know how to efficiently get the new and improved mouth animation instead of the existing recorded sequence in UE4...
Is there a way to export animations and sound in a timecoded manner to automate this sequencer synchronizing process?

Kind regards and thanks in advance,
Wouter
Edited
4 Years Ago by wouter.weynants
Bassline303
Bassline303
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 hours ago
Hi Wouter ,

you have 2 possibilities.
1. Do a new recording with the new facials via live-link.
2. Export your new animation with Unreal settings and import it to the same folder where your character stays in.
  When the import settings appear , untick mesh and select the skeleton of your character.

Watch this Video , here I did what I have written above (2) :

Edited
4 Years Ago by Bassline303

Reading This Topic