IMPORTANT: Nvidia Graphics Driver 436.02 Issues

Posted By Peter (RL) 5 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Dear iClone and Character Creator Users,

We have become aware of an issue with the latest Nvidia Game Ready Drivers (436.02 and higher) which causes problems launching iClone or Character Creator.

Because of these issues, please read below before updating your drivers.

The recommended drivers to use are the 431.86 (Studio driver) or the 431.60 (Game driver). Both these drivers should work fine with iClone and Character Creator.

If you have already installed the latest Nvidia drivers, please rollback to your previous drivers which should resolve the problem. The link below should help if you are unsure how to do this.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-roll-back-device-driver-windows-10

If you are unable to roll back your drivers, please manually search and install one of the two working drivers from the page below.

https://www.geforce.com/drivers

Thank you.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
5 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
Dragonskunk
Dragonskunk
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Sure it would be nice to never change the driver except when the GPU goes dark or I get the BSOD. I keep trying to update drivers till they don't anymore. Still waiting therefore I keep updating.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f0d5a6aa-f907-4e06-b7ab-3cc3.jpg
jack-london
jack-london
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Please add this to the mix:
Some Windows computers (mine) will NOT allow you to "roll back the driver."
Please hurry with the fix.
Thx,
Steve

Mystic360VR
Mystic360VR
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Mine wouldnt roll back but I simply went to the "Beta and Older drivers" section on nvidia https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us
downloaded 
431.60 and simply installed it. it worked fine replacing the newer version and iclone opened fine.

Edited
5 Years Ago by ams707
pinguintje
pinguintje
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I had also the problem that the rollback to the previous drivers did not work.
I think it's because I always install the new NVIDIA drivers with the program GeForce Experience and not with the Windows update.
In the NVIDIA forum I found this topic How do I manually install the NVIDIA driver 

With these instructions I returned to the previous driver (431.60).
iClone and Character Creator are ok again.SmileSmileSmile

Best Regards,
Arie

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 59 minutes ago
It looks like the current drivers are crashing a lot more than iClone. See here:
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/discover/310926/nvidia-drivers-43602-crashes-in-games-after-upda/
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
Rampa (8/26/2019)
It looks like the current drivers are crashing a lot more than iClone. See here:
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/discover/310926/nvidia-drivers-43602-crashes-in-games-after-upda/

The post mentions some games with issues, which is usual. 
But games usually then roll out a patch so they work with the latest/current driver.  

RL - 'next driver' may be based off of the then-previous driver, 436.02.
What if next driver includes the thing that made this driver incompatible, problem may be compounded.

BTW - is CTA4 affected by this too!??

Stefos
Stefos
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Wish I had seen this before I updated the driver, I can't roll back either the roll back button is shaded out. Now I lose a client because of this!!!! very upsetting!!
I am downloading their studio driver which is terrible for iclone but I don't have nothing else I can do...Nvidia dodn't even supply a stupid rollback button on their Nvidia panel!!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d367d5ce-a3fa-43a5-bf80-78ee.png
Greco Arts
www.grecoarts.com

Stefos
Stefos
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
That's surprising, being able to install an older driver, usually the installers do a check and don't allow it. will have to give it ago!
Thanks

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d367d5ce-a3fa-43a5-bf80-78ee.png
Greco Arts
www.grecoarts.com

Edited
5 Years Ago by Stefos
animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
TonyDPrime (8/26/2019)
 But games usually then roll out a patch so they work with the latest/current driver.  

That is not necessarily the case. Seems to me that NVidia screwed up and should own it.

Apparently in their eager to push out the latest functionality, they dispensed with regression testing...Unsure

They should at least retract the driver. BTW, this is not the first time something like that happens.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
5 Years Ago by animagic

Reading This Topic