IMPORTANT: Nvidia Graphics Driver 436.02 Issues

Posted By Peter (RL) Last Year
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Rampa
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (26.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 48 minutes ago
If you are having difficulty with a rollback, you can search for your card here, and just install an older driver from the resultant list.
Make sure you choose the custom install, and then check the box for a clean install on the following page of the installer.

Edited
Last Year by Rampa
justaviking
justaviking
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (16.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I don't update my drivers very often, but when I do, have a habit of manually downloading drivers and installing from the downloaded file.  That way when I do update my driver, I still have the previous version right at my fingertips.  Based on the stories here, I think I shall continue that practice.

So what Rampa said is correct, you should be able to "manually" find and download older versions of the drive on the Nvidia site.

See the highlighted link on this picture... ignore the purple "brace" (a.k.a. "bracket"), not relevant to searching for older drivers, only if you want the newest):
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/365d8355-47cf-4881-ab23-b783.jpg

Fill out your card info, and Search... plenty to choose from:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1e6c0c62-a16d-42eb-b76c-7733.jpg

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 7, i7-3770k CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 16GB RAM, Asus P8Z77-V Pro motherboard, 500 GB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
Last Year by justaviking
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 42 minutes ago
I predict RL is going to roll out a patch; they have good experience in this realm, and have rolled out patches before. 
With incoming users wanting the marketed interplay of multiple outside apps, and no one being able to predict whether a next-driver compounds or adds more incompatibility, it'll be something they get done. 
Stefos
Stefos
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Just for your information, Nvidia's Studio diver works, this driver is supposed to be for users who work with apps more than play games. When I first tested this out I was not happy with it, the amount of graphics card memory was eaten up by small scenes. However this time works fine!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d367d5ce-a3fa-43a5-bf80-78ee.png
Greco Arts
www.grecoarts.com

Edited
Last Year by Stefos
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 42 minutes ago
Stefos (8/27/2019)
Just for your information, Nvidia's Studio diver works, this driver is supposed to be for users who work with apps more than play games. When I first tested this out I was not happy with it, the amount of graphics card memory was eaten up by small scenes. However this time works fine!

Stefos, could you elaborate on what your experience was.  Are you referring to 436.02, or a prior driver that you are now currently using?   
When you say "this time works fine" do you mean 436.02 is now working for you?
Stefos
Stefos
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

TonyDPrime (8/27/2019)
Stefos (8/27/2019)

Stefos, could you elaborate on what your experience was.  Are you referring to 436.02, or a prior driver that you are now currently using?   
When you say "this time works fine" do you mean 436.02 is now working for you?

No 436.02 is not working for me, I am using NVIDIA Studio Driver Version 431.70, this is also offered to you in your GEFORCE EXPERIENCE panel, This is for people who use apps more than playing games. When I first installed NVIDIA Studio Driver about a week ago I had problems with it, however after installing it now so I can use my iClone software it installed and is working without any problems.

Greco Arts
www.grecoarts.com

Rampa
Rampa
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (26.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.8K reputation)

Last Active: 48 minutes ago
Looks like 436.15 is out now. I double dare you! Wink
Edited
Last Year by Rampa
Stefos
Stefos
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

LOL Downloading now!!!!

Greco Arts
www.grecoarts.com

Stefos
Stefos
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

436.15 update does not work!

Greco Arts
www.grecoarts.com

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

Last Active: 56 minutes ago
Doomed Whistling

Reading This Topic