Audio Driven (July Sample Script)

Posted By Tony (RL) 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Tony (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
1. Audio Driven - Sample Script of July 2019

In the last Python of the Month, the Reallusion Python Team introduced Smooth Camera Follow and related Python courses, teaching you to create Transformation Methods, Float Slider Widget, and other basic iClone functionalities with the Python API.

This time we'd like to bring out another sample script - Audio Driven, and five fundamental courses for you. Through the script and courses, you can learn how to create an Audio Visualizer, clone props, and build UI like a Color Picker and Progress Bar.

The Audio Driven Script can let users pick an audio file in wave format and apply an interpretation of it in movement to a selection of props.
  • You can Download the script from the Marketplace.
  • To explore how it works, please visit our Python Wiki
  • To get the source code, please visit our GitHub

Important Notice: iClone 7.5 is Required

PS: If you have any questions about the plug-in and its code, please feel free to let us know by replying to this post 

2. Related Fundamental Courses

Please be sure to start from the fundamental courses if you are interested to know how this sample code works
  • Progress Barthis article will go over the creation of a progress bar as one of the fundamental building blocks of a functional user interface.
  • Animated Material - in this article, we'll go over the steps required to create a flashing light material.
  • Audio Visualizer - how to make an audio visualizer, including UI, Audio Bit-Depth, Plotting the Signals, and Reading the Audio File.
  • File Path - oftentimes, you'll need to handle external files in the form of loading, writing and reading. This article will go over doing just that with Python scripting. 
  • Color Picker - this article will go over the creation of a color picker and how we can leverage Qt in dealing with the color hex data. 
For more courses, please visit Here

3. Ultimate Script Mod Contest
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/082277ea-f73d-4f0a-9adb-a316.jpg

Reallusion is offering some rewards to encourage iClone developers who are able to creatively modify the Audio Driven script and submit it in the Marketplace.

There is no limitation of the modification, so please leverage your creativity to make the script better, such as adding new functions
 or making the UI more user-friendly.

The contest will end on 8/31.

The standard for evaluation of a rewarded plug-in:
  • Practicality - 50%
  • Degrees of Perfection - 30%
  • Creativity - 20%

Reward
  • We will reward $300 USD to those who develop plug-ins that meet our standard of excellence.   
  • We will reward 10,000 DA points to those who develop plug-ins that meet the basic standard.

1. You need to first register in the Reallusion Developer Center to become a plug-in developer.
  2. After a successful registration, you can follow the guideline in the Developer Center to submit plug-in(s) in the Marketplace.
    Important: acceptable plug-in files for uploading are; .py, .pyd, or .zip format.
  3. After the submission, please post the links to your plug-ins in this thread to officially join the Showcase Collection Program.
  4. We will send you a Forum private message to give you information on your reward once your plug-in(s) reach the standards.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Start to Create Your Own iClone Plug-in

Interested in customizing and expanding iClone features by yourself? Check out iClone OPEN for related links and resources.

Tony
Product Marketing Manager 

www.reallusion.com
Edited
5 Years Ago by Grace (RL)
The-any-Key
The-any-Key
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Got a great idea for this one :-)

iClone 7, 3DXchange 7 Pipeline, CC3 Pipeline, CT8 Pipeline, Iray, Live Face, iPhone Xr, Win 10, i9 9900K ~5GHz, Nvidia RTX 2080 8GB, 16GB Ram, M.2 SSD
toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 11 minutes ago
My first step into Python... (I am still on 7.3)

Smooth Camera works, Audio Driven does not appear in the Python Samples, though saved at the same place as Smooth Camera:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/97f66671-3c31-48a3-bf7a-0558.png

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8cd014fa-bab7-4fed-8e1f-2516.png

Any idea what could cause this??

Toystorylab on Vimeo : https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce44ea78-6984-47d8-9bf4-b783.png    Crassitudes (my "Alter Ego") on Youtube: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fcc4df30-b3a8-40a5-a427-0735.png

The-any-Key
The-any-Key
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

toystorylab (7/11/2019)
My first step into Python... (I am still on 7.3)

Smooth Camera works, Audio Driven does not appear in the Python Samples, though saved at the same place as Smooth Camera:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/97f66671-3c31-48a3-bf7a-0558.png

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8cd014fa-bab7-4fed-8e1f-2516.png

Any idea what could cause this??

You need to install the nesseary python modules that the audio driven sample use. 

iClone 7, 3DXchange 7 Pipeline, CC3 Pipeline, CT8 Pipeline, Iray, Live Face, iPhone Xr, Win 10, i9 9900K ~5GHz, Nvidia RTX 2080 8GB, 16GB Ram, M.2 SSD
rosuckmedia
rosuckmedia
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
@ The-any-Key Ican not do that either, what are the necessary Python modules? Use the Devloper version.
Greetings Robert
toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Same here, not sure what to "install", use latest dev-version...

Toystorylab on Vimeo : https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce44ea78-6984-47d8-9bf4-b783.png    Crassitudes (my "Alter Ego") on Youtube: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fcc4df30-b3a8-40a5-a427-0735.png

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

I'm sure "Key" will reply but in the meantime you can always tell what you need by looking at the "import" section (normally located at the top of the script).

RLPy is standard, so no problem there.  And some other stuff like os and PySide2 is standard.  But things like:

import PIL

or in the case of audio:

import soundfile
import wave

you may need to load external modules in.  You will get an error at the appropriate line to tell you what's missing (I'll look at it this afternoon if Key hasn't yet responded).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
The-any-Key
The-any-Key
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

You need to install
numpy
scipy
To run the plugin. You can do that with pip. But you need to install pip first. I got a auto installer for pip here: https://the-any-key.itch.io/auto-install-pip-in-iclone

Then you can install numpy and scipy via the command prompt. Ex: 
iclonepy -m pip install numpy scipy
See: https://forum.reallusion.com/416573/INSTALL-OF-NUMPY-PIL-PROBLEMS?Keywords=Pip%20install

Hmm. Maybe I should update my autoplugin so you can type in what modules you want to automatically install.

rosuckmedia
rosuckmedia
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)

@ Kellytoons Thank you
@ The-any-Key
That with her auto installer worked,
but with the command prompt, because I prefer to read the fingers away, I have no desire to shoot my system.
All other plugins are working
Nevertheless, many thanks for your effort.
Greetings Robert
Edited
5 Years Ago by rosuckmedia
toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

The-any-Key (7/11/2019)
Hmm. Maybe I should update my autoplugin so you can type in what modules you want to automatically install.

As i am a technical laggard and very cautious with "command prompt" i did not do it Blush
So, if your autoplugin could do that, would be cool...
How many of those "installs" would be needed for everything based on Python??
Would it make sense to install all those (with your "Auto Plugin Wink) at once?

Reading This Topic