Making flexible props with IK

Posted By 4u2ges 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
4u2ges
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
It should work like a character spine IK chain. Has anyone tried that?
I was thinking of making a rope with the spine of non-standard in 3DX and animating respectively.
But before I try to reinvent the wheel, is there any other way of making it? Is there any tutorials?

Edited
5 Years Ago by 4u2ges
thebiz.movies
thebiz.movies
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.2K reputation)

Rampa made a poseable vine prop a ways back...see here: https://forum.reallusion.com/267071/Help-needed-I-need-a-functional-rope--thing

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c02c75f8-9ae1-4091-b8e9-2175.gifhttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4c56836b-f19d-4836-8a16-6370.gif

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Thanks! I will check it out tonight.

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

OK I have looked at it and that is not exactly what I need.
I sure can pose and animate. But I do not want to.
I want to grab the very top bone, move it down-side for instance and I want whole chain bent.
Same effect as when you start moving character's head. A whole chain down the spine is getting bent.

4u2ges
This post has been flagged as an answer
4u2ges
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I finally had a chance to rig a cable as a non-standard human. One thing's for sure - it is quite impractical.
Though it is very easy to bend this cable, the limitation of control points (and overall control over it) makes it non applicable in most of the cases where precision and bounding to other objects would require.
But it was fun anyway.

What I would like to see in iClone though, is ability to control rigged props with some sorts of applicable path - just like in Blender.
Instead of tweaking 100 bones for very simple deformation or messing with physics, couple of clicks would deform/flex any prop along its IK chain rig.
This would be an invaluable feature and I bet it is not that hard to develop either. It is probably even possible with Python scripting.

Take a look how it is done in Blender (start watching after 5:40)

Delerna
Delerna
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Watched several Blender demonstrations from you and have picked up a few new methods in Blender from you.
I have a tendency to just do things the way I know how to do them but it is beneficial finding Blender methods I didn't know about that helps me to do things more quickly. 
As said, over time I have picked up several from you so thank you again.

i7-3770 3.4GHz CPU 16 GB Ram   
GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thank you Delerna.. But sorry for the confusion. I should have mentioned. That Blender presentation is not mine Smile
I bumped into it while was looking for the solution with IK chain for props.

Delerna
Delerna
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

I think I have trouble saying what I mean these days
But that's OK, its why I said demonstrations rather than tutorials.
Another one I got from you was here
Its not so much what your making that got to me for assistance. Its more some of the processes you do that has improved my time of making things in my methods.

For example in the one you posted in the link I added here the way you filled the hole in the object when you cut it in half was something I wasn't aware of.
I normally select a few vertexes and press F to fill them with a face and repeat it until I get the shape I want. But the way you did it  I wasn't aware of and that has helped my timeline while making things
In this one its the way you made the multi circle edges rotating up (sorry I have difficulty using correct words).
I do that sort of thing by creating multiple circles, moving them up above each other removing a vertice from each of them and then merging a vertice from one to a vertice in the one above it.
I then select a vertice on each one and then pull them up a little. Repeat that until I get the shape you made. Takes me a several minutes to do it that way.
But the addon you showed has opened my mind to improve my timing and these are the things I am thanking you for

GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Edited
5 Years Ago by Delerna
BlueyCreative
BlueyCreative
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
What about creating morphs in iClone for the animation, just use Blender to rig the object as a spine then save out the shape keys as obj's??? 

Bluey Creative in the Marketplace

Edited
5 Years Ago by JaffaDave
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

JaffaDave
Oh yes morphs. That is something I really enjoy doing for editable props.
I have done it with beach waves for surfers, a person getting into and out of beds, animatable snakes, fillable cup,drinkable cup, waterflow in sink, eatable pizza
Looking into also doing things like tools cutting woods, other eatable foods etc etc. 
Yes this is something I really really enjoy doing and I enjoy it more and more as I progress with it. Something I really like getting added to iClone. Hope it stays and improves in the future

GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Edited
5 Years Ago by Delerna

Reading This Topic