Change Sky Color

Posted By lvanvalk 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
lvanvalk
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I need to make the sky gradually start changing color half way through the scene. Initially I created three clips, one with blue sky one with red sky then pulled them into my video editing program and used a cross dissolve; then had the character on top in a green screen. That worked fine until I added FX to the character and the FX didn't show up on the green screen. So instead of three separate clips I need everything in one. That means changing the sky color within the scene. I tried pulling in a second sky to turn on and off but when I pulled in a new sky it deleted the first. I also want it to be gradual not immediately turning on and off.

Everyone has always been so helpful in my learning, I look forward to your advise. Thank you.
animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Instead of using a sky, you could use a sky-dome prop.

There is one called 360 sky under Props > 3D Space. I'm not quite sure if the UV mapping is the same as for the sky, but it would allow you to animated the texture or use a video.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c34511d0-240b-4cff-b771-6530.png

Remember to turn all shadows off for the sky dome prop and to set self-illumination to 100%.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

lvanvalk
lvanvalk
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Thank you for your quick reply. I will check it out.
Skuzzlebutt
Skuzzlebutt
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
if your using iclone 7 there is a much better option!~
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6f171f62-57de-4bf4-8e87-2cc5.gif

the ibl image in your visual tab allow s you to change skies
at any or many points in the timeline
it will also affect the lighting on your models....
you can adjust the fade time in the timeline/project/ibl image
by moving the left handle (like motion blending)

just simply move your timeline indicator, press add new ibl clip and click inside the ibl image window

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/218be128-7cb9-4444-9caa-0b88.png

Edited
5 Years Ago by Kipster
lvanvalk
lvanvalk
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

That is so cool. Thank you!

Reading This Topic