Special Notice: Character Creator & iClone Auto Setup for Unity

Posted By Miranda (RL) 5 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.

Special Notice: Character Creator & iClone Auto Setup for Unity

Author
smileyep1
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (69 reputation)New Member (69 reputation)New Member (69 reputation)New Member (69 reputation)New Member (69 reputation)New Member (69 reputation)New Member (69 reputation)New Member (69 reputation)New Member (69 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi, you mentioned that we need to go through CC3 to have our animations from iClone in Unity. Is there any tutorial that explains this stuff ?
I have Game Base characters and want to create general purpose animations in iClone that will be shared with all of my characters. Until now i am only able to use the iClone animations with the exact model that comes with the iClone fbx export. Things i have tried:

-Importing my character in iClone as a iAvatar and animating it. The result was what i described above.
-Exporting the iClone animation as a motion and importing it into CC3. Then exporting the character again. Problem is i cant find the motions that are added to the character until i export them. Where do i have to look in CC3 UI.
-Using the 3DXchange software like in a iClone6 tutorial video. Does not work properly. But i noticed that it will export with face bones instead of the blend shapes that a Game Base has.

Thanks in advance.
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (63.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.2K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
smileyep1 (3/27/2019)
Hi, you mentioned that we need to go through CC3 to have our animations from iClone in Unity. Is there any tutorial that explains this stuff ?

Yes, please find the fifth video "Animation Retargeting in Unity" from this link:
https://www.reallusion.com/character-creator/tutorial.html#unity

I have Game Base characters and want to create general purpose animations in iClone that will be shared with all of my characters. Until now i am only able to use the iClone animations with the exact model that comes with the iClone fbx export. Things i have tried:

-Importing my character in iClone as a iAvatar and animating it. The result was what i described above.
-Exporting the iClone animation as a motion and importing it into CC3. Then exporting the character again. Problem is i cant find the motions that are added to the character until i export them. Where do i have to look in CC3 UI.

The process you go through is correct. There is no motion preview interface in the CC3 now, you just use CC3 to export character & motion files to have right skeleton profile for animation retargeting. 

-Using the 3DXchange software like in a iClone6 tutorial video. Does not work properly. But i noticed that it will export with face bones instead of the blend shapes that a Game Base has.
Thanks in advance.

3DXchange is the traditional workflow. We suggest to use the CC3 workflow, which supports auto-processing. 
Veganism
Veganism
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hello, this thread is great. The problem is that I followed the Youtube tutorials, and did not know about this thread. So I had the hard edges problem that you mentioned, but I spent an hour or two to find out myself that it was the normals that have to be changed to "Import" (except that I did not know about the Auto-Processing option, so I thought I will have to do everything manually until you fix it, but now I know!)
I wanted to post the solution, and that is when I found this thread and found you already had the solution. So maybe you should add a note in the Youtube video description or something? Or maybe I should look at the forum instead of Youtube so that I have updated info.
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (63.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.2K reputation)

Veganism (4/12/2019)
Hello, this thread is great. The problem is that I followed the Youtube tutorials, and did not know about this thread. So I had the hard edges problem that you mentioned, but I spent an hour or two to find out myself that it was the normals that have to be changed to "Import" (except that I did not know about the Auto-Processing option, so I thought I will have to do everything manually until you fix it, but now I know!)
I wanted to post the solution, and that is when I found this thread and found you already had the solution. So maybe you should add a note in the Youtube video description or something? Or maybe I should look at the forum instead of Youtube so that I have updated info.

Hi Veganism,

This is a thoughtful suggestion! We will do it right now.
Thanks for your comment, and sorry for wasting your time in trying back and forth.

michael.pickering
michael.pickering
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Hi Miranda,

Unity3D 2019.1 just landed! There seem to be some cool new features, including a new hair shader!! Any idea when the auto-setup script will be migrated or updated to work with the 2019.1 Unity release?

TIA!

Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

michael.pickering (4/16/2019)

Unity3D 2019.1 just landed! There seem to be some cool new features, including a new hair shader!! Any idea when the auto-setup script will be migrated or updated to work with the 2019.1 Unity release?

Yes, we are checking the changes of 2019.1 now!
We will keep you posted when the delivery date is firmed. Thanks! Smile
wiverson
wiverson
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (292 reputation)Senior Member (292 reputation)Senior Member (292 reputation)Senior Member (292 reputation)Senior Member (292 reputation)Senior Member (292 reputation)Senior Member (292 reputation)Senior Member (292 reputation)Senior Member (292 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
It would be really helpful to understand what the script is doing.  Either a detailed list of steps and/or posting the source for review.

Thanks!
J__s
J__s
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (329 reputation)Senior Member (329 reputation)Senior Member (329 reputation)Senior Member (329 reputation)Senior Member (329 reputation)Senior Member (329 reputation)Senior Member (329 reputation)Senior Member (329 reputation)Senior Member (329 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
wiverson (4/22/2019)
It would be really helpful to understand what the script is doing.  Either a detailed list of steps and/or posting the source for review.

Thanks!

hi Wiverson
You can check the information on the link below.
Does  this helps?  

https://forum.reallusion.com/394632/Upcoming-Tutorials-Auto-Assignment-ScriptPlugin-for-Unity-Unreal?PageIndex=1
e.l.thomas
e.l.thomas
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Just tried this with Unity 2019.2 and HDRP 6.9.1 and I'm getting a strange green lighting effect. 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/361976e0-5991-42d1-9e11-48e8.png

michael.pickering
michael.pickering
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Wow, I didn't even know that 2019.x was supported yet! Green light is weird though...

Reading This Topic