Creating Accessory not alowing me to add to custom content

Posted By micabreen 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Creating Accessory not alowing me to add to custom content

Author
micabreen
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (384 reputation)Senior Member (384 reputation)Senior Member (384 reputation)Senior Member (384 reputation)Senior Member (384 reputation)Senior Member (384 reputation)Senior Member (384 reputation)Senior Member (384 reputation)Senior Member (384 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
so i imported a .obj went to create accessory move,xfer skin weights, conformed. etc. have it the way i wish to keep and reuse for other characters. but when i select the obj and try to add to custom content it is greyed out and not allowing me to add there
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/53b07a00-b25e-440d-aec5-d2f8.png  
i have the object selected in scene manager it has been imported correctly
matter of fact it appears i cannot add anything at all to custom no project,scenes anything
i am not sure if they changed how you do this i am still like 1 month new to character creator any help would be great thanks
Edited
5 Years Ago by micabreen
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi...

When you want to save to your custom library you have to first make sure that the object you are trying to save is selected (has a yellow bounding box around it). You then need to ensure you are in the correct folder in Content Manager to be able to save. When this is done correctly the ADD button should become active.

So as a test start CC3 with the default character loaded and selected. Then switch to Project > Character in Content Manager and the ADD button should be active ready to save.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

micabreen
micabreen
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (384 reputation)Senior Member (384 reputation)Senior Member (384 reputation)Senior Member (384 reputation)Senior Member (384 reputation)Senior Member (384 reputation)Senior Member (384 reputation)Senior Member (384 reputation)Senior Member (384 reputation)

thanks i did that and still cannot save/add anything..  loaded default project ,clicked character tab and add button is grayed out in both template and custom tabs i have not been able to get this add button to show up with anything i try
micabreen
micabreen
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

i guess adding your own content to your library is broke. for the life of me i cannot save anything at all to my custom folder it is annoying because i have some objects i have worked hard on and now can't fkn make my own item later use with it.another thing is that you cannot duplicate a item *(should be added) 
animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Where is your Custom folder located on your system? This looks like an access problem with the folder.

One thing you could try is to run CC as administrator and see if you can save.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

micabreen
micabreen
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

i tried to run as admin and same thing i am gonna try to reinstall i guess cause this is really annoying i want fast access to the things i make
seems like a complete reinstall did the trick
Edited
5 Years Ago by micabreen
garidian
garidian
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I have the same issue. After reinstall it works for one day and than the same issue in Character Creator. If I export the Charakter to Iclone I be able to save there. I bought the pipeline Version of CC. With this bug it is complete useless for me. If this is not fixed very fast i must check for refund this useless CC.
animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

garidian (3/30/2019)
I have the same issue. After reinstall it works for one day and than the same issue in Character Creator. If I export the Charakter to Iclone I be able to save there. I bought the pipeline Version of CC. With this bug it is complete useless for me. If this is not fixed very fast i must check for refund this useless CC.

If it were a bug it would affect everybody, which is not the case. I, for one, can save fine.

To get assistance for your particular situation, your best cause of action is to contact support at: https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

AR Character Enthusiast
AR Character Enthusiast
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (130 reputation)Junior Member (130 reputation)Junior Member (130 reputation)Junior Member (130 reputation)Junior Member (130 reputation)Junior Member (130 reputation)Junior Member (130 reputation)Junior Member (130 reputation)Junior Member (130 reputation)

Hi guys! I have the same problem. Cant save my own contents. I have just update CC3.21.2423.1  Pipeline version.
My contents folders are in drive D:
Any suggestions?
Galfridus
Galfridus
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
ricardopereirafilho (1/2/2020)
Hi guys! I have the same problem. Cant save my own contents. I have just update CC3.21.2423.1  Pipeline version.
My contents folders are in drive D:
Any suggestions?

From your screen shot it looks like you are trying to save in the Content template folder.
Try clicking on the custom tab to see if this then allows you to save there.
Geoff.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ba17ca1f-2bbe-4b61-819c-6bdf.png

Reading This Topic