Posted By Miranda (RL) 5 Years Ago
Rated 3.3 stars based on 3 votes.

[CC3 to Unreal] Auto-Setup Plugin Download & Update History

Author
TonyDPrime
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Miranda, I have discovered how this can work. 
If you add a 'Parameter' type input to anywhere in the RL_HQSkin Parent material, it will appear in the main menu for each Child item (arm, leg, head, body).  So, I am able to add in channels as I was imagining after all.  This topic in general involves the terms "Unreal", "Instancing", and "Parameters" for a parent Material (ie RL_HQSkin) which manages inputs for the Child materials (ie - arm leg, body, head)

Well, maybe it would be useful to others if the default had an input for World Displacement or Blend, just to match what the CC3/iClone materials have. 
So maybe it could be added by the team in the future, as a default.

But, thanks for directing me in the correct direction!!! 
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Thanks Tony! I will bring your suggestions to Dev Team for further consideration. 

TonyDPrime (4/9/2019)
Miranda, I have discovered how this can work. 
If you add a 'Parameter' type input to anywhere in the RL_HQSkin Parent material, it will appear in the main menu for each Child item (arm, leg, head, body).  So, I am able to add in channels as I was imagining after all.  This topic in general involves the terms "Unreal", "Instancing", and "Parameters" for a parent Material (ie RL_HQSkin) which manages inputs for the Child materials (ie - arm leg, body, head)

Well, maybe it would be useful to others if the default had an input for World Displacement or Blend, just to match what the CC3/iClone materials have. 
So maybe it could be added by the team in the future, as a default.

But, thanks for directing me in the correct direction!!! 

Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)

Miranda (RL) (4/3/2019)
Hi everyone,

We are evaluating the Unreal 4.22 now. I will update the status with you next week. Thanks!

CC auto-setup tool is now compatible with Unreal Engine latest release 4.22!!
You can download the latest plugin HERE >> https://www.reallusion.com/character-creator/game.html#auto-setup

*This is one known issue, please find details HERE >> item #10 of the Important Considerations.
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi everyone!

Beta 2.1 just updated for adding mask on LW Shader and HQ Shader as the workaround of tessellation issue.
Please find details HERE.
Ellessarr
Ellessarr
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
i hav e a small issue sometimes wehn exporting a character to unreal, sometimes it mess with "some meshes" material, sometimes it's set wrong some setting inside the material like when a meshe need to have a opacity mask then or the base or the mask or other texture is set wrong, a option like it was supposed to be "greyscale" or greyscalelinear but it's setting are color and linear color it make the texture not be loaded and the mesh keep it gray base color until you fix it on the settings, it's not a big deal you just need to go to material and mark the proper option, but it's happen sometimes.
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Ellessarr (5/8/2019)
i hav e a small issue sometimes wehn exporting a character to unreal, sometimes it mess with "some meshes" material, sometimes it's set wrong some setting inside the material like when a meshe need to have a opacity mask then or the base or the mask or other texture is set wrong, a option like it was supposed to be "greyscale" or greyscalelinear but it's setting are color and linear color it make the texture not be loaded and the mesh keep it gray base color until you fix it on the settings, it's not a big deal you just need to go to material and mark the proper option, but it's happen sometimes.

Hi Ellessarr, may you provide some images next time when encountering this problem? Thanks!
Ellessarr
Ellessarr
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Miranda (RL) (5/8/2019)
Ellessarr (5/8/2019)

Hi Ellessarr, may you provide some images next time when encountering this problem? Thanks!

ok i was a long time not using it anymoore since some of it's limitations had me switch to DAZ but since i've touched it yesterday to make some tests with the new version of the pluging then now after test again i can say which it's happening all the times here what i get:
  - the bug i reported in previous post is happening all the times here the screes:

it's happening with eyelashes, with that ponytail hair and some parts of the light armor as you see in the screen, i've not tested with all the products i have here to be sure if is just that ones but for sure that ones are bugging.
it's on unreal engine 4.21 with the 4.21 pluiging.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Ellessarr
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Edited: Wrong information was given in this comment.
Please find the corrected one here >> https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost413282.aspx

Ellessarr (5/8/2019)
ok i was a long time not using it anymoore since some of it's limitations had me switch to DAZ but since i've touched it yesterday to make some tests with the new version of the pluging then now after test again i can say which it's happening all the times here what i get:
  - the bug i reported in previous post is happening all the times here the screes

Hi Ellessarr, 

This should be the issue you reported this February about texture with tga format.
Unreal automatically changed the sampler type of opacity texture to be grayscale, as you can see from the image you provided.
In the latest version we are currently working on, we will assign alpha value for opacity when exporting FBX file with tga texture, and change the sampler type to be color when performing Auto-setup tool to make it work properly in Unreal. 

Please be noted that this only takes effect when the original texture source is tga. If users select to convert png to be tga (see image below), it won't work. 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4e9220dd-5e68-413d-ab06-e713.png
Edited
5 Years Ago by Miranda (RL)
Ellessarr
Ellessarr
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Miranda (RL) (5/13/2019)
Ellessarr (5/8/2019)
  - the bug i reported in previous post is happening all the times here the screes

Hi Ellessarr, 

This should be the issue you reported this February about texture with tga format.
Unreal automatically changed the sampler type of opacity texture to be grayscale, as you can see from the image you provided.
In the latest version we are currently working on, we will assign alpha value for opacity when exporting FBX file with tga texture, and change the sampler type to be color when performing Auto-setup tool to make it work properly in Unreal. 

Please be noted that this only takes effect when the original texture source is tga. If users select to convert png to be tga (see image below), it won't work. 

to be clear i think the problem is more like the "oposite", in order to proper work with unreal, the type must be "grayscale" but the autosetup is setting then to color, then that is when the bug happen, when exporting tga files he was supposed to set the needed textures to grayscale not to color, as my picture is showing, in the pictures the plugging put the opacity texture as linear when it was supposed to be grayscale which was the error unreal pointed, the exported texture is being exported wrong in tga format.

it was supposed to be grayscale in some cases but it's being setted to be color or linear color instead go grayscale or linear grayscale in some cases, it's not all materials as we see some materials are being exported right while others no and give that "error where no texture being loaded".
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Edited: Wrong information was given in this comment.
Please find the corrected one here >> https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost413282.aspx

Ellessarr (5/13/2019)
Miranda (RL) (5/13/2019)

Hi Ellessarr, 

to be clear i think the problem is more like the "oposite", in order to proper work with unreal, the type must be "grayscale" but the autosetup is setting then to color, then that is when the bug happen, when exporting tga files he was supposed to set the needed textures to grayscale not to color, as my picture is showing, in the pictures the plugging put the opacity texture as linear when it was supposed to be grayscale which was the error unreal pointed, the exported texture is being exported wrong in tga format.

it was supposed to be grayscale in some cases but it's being setted to be color or linear color instead go grayscale or linear grayscale in some cases, it's not all materials as we see some materials are being exported right while others no and give that "error where no texture being loaded".

Hi Ellessarr,

Sorry for not being able to clearly explain the whole thing, and why we made this decision to support tga by this "workaround".
The facts you pointed out are well-noted by Dev Team, and we all agreed that it's better to fix this issue by the other way. 
This is the current limitation of CC-to-Unreal, and I don't think we can solve it right away. 
When the new patch releases, please help to test out if the workaround can satisfy your need. Thanks.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Miranda (RL)

Reading This Topic