Posted By Miranda (RL) 5 Years Ago
Rated 3.3 stars based on 3 votes.

[CC3 to Unreal] Auto-Setup Plugin Download & Update History

Author
Kiwi-Hawk
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Kia ora

I tried the export import but I think I broke it slecting the skeleton I wanted to use, I have this  https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/human-base asset and q lot of his characters
and was going to use Ayaka as a replacement charater as a test but selecting the basefamle skeleton was NOT a good move at import time. not sure if RL could afford to spen $17 bucks
to show us how this might work as I know a lot of Dev's will want to do this type of retartgeting. Going to try again without selecting a skeleton

What is the HDRP map please?  I'm assuming it's a packed map of some sort

Edit later after retrying,.. seems I'm a tad slow I missed the check box for the time stap and the import did not use the UE4 pose, so it worked
So at import I followed ALL the instuctions (the second time round anyway) and made a change by slecting the Quang Phan PaseBody skeleton and then was able to use his master Blue_Print
select the CC3 model as the mesh and select the correct Anim_BP, play and run around no worries.

Tho as said earlier in the thread theres a lot of textures, lot of duplicates, I'm not sure the .fbm folder is in fact being used at all I used  the master material from the above UE4 assets and made instance's for the skin/body textures
so that ended up be one material and 5 instance's.  I have to say IMHO the folder structure could do with a lot of sorting out, double folder names ans folder with 3 file in them whille the other 2 related file are some other place jus make life harder and the whole structure messy, sorry but the model. material, Albedo and Normal in the same folder and the rest of the materials maps lord know how many deep in a structure some place else just NO. I dout I'm alone. tho the pluggin is great

Edited
5 Years Ago by Kiwi-Hawk
Piepants
Piepants
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (356 reputation)Senior Member (356 reputation)Senior Member (356 reputation)Senior Member (356 reputation)Senior Member (356 reputation)Senior Member (356 reputation)Senior Member (356 reputation)Senior Member (356 reputation)Senior Member (356 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hello, I'm getting the following error when trying to load my project after enabling the plugin. Any ideas? This is using source built 4.21.2

Plugin 'RLPlugin' failed to load because module 'RLPlugin' could not be initialized successsfully after it was loaded.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Piepants
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi Kiwi-Hawk,

Thanks for your update. To replace the existing character with CC character, it did require you to manually adjust the bone number & name to be consistent with CC character's. 
We were aware of the duplicated texture issue, and try to fix it in the following patches. 

Kiwi-Hawk (2/26/2019)
Kia ora

I tried the export import but I think I broke it slecting the skeleton I wanted to use, I have this  https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/human-base asset and q lot of his characters
and was going to use Ayaka as a replacement charater as a test but selecting the basefamle skeleton was NOT a good move at import time. not sure if RL could afford to spen $17 bucks
to show us how this might work as I know a lot of Dev's will want to do this type of retartgeting. Going to try again without selecting a skeleton

What is the HDRP map please?  I'm assuming it's a packed map of some sort

Edit later after retrying,.. seems I'm a tad slow I missed the check box for the time stap and the import did not use the UE4 pose, so it worked
So at import I followed ALL the instuctions (the second time round anyway) and made a change by slecting the Quang Phan PaseBody skeleton and then was able to use his master Blue_Print
select the CC3 model as the mesh and select the correct Anim_BP, play and run around no worries.

Tho as said earlier in the thread theres a lot of textures, lot of duplicates, I'm not sure the .fbm folder is in fact being used at all I used  the master material from the above UE4 assets and made instance's for the skin/body textures
so that ended up be one material and 5 instance's.  I have to say IMHO the folder structure could do with a lot of sorting out, double folder names ans folder with 3 file in them whille the other 2 related file are some other place jus make life harder and the whole structure messy, sorry but the model. material, Albedo and Normal in the same folder and the rest of the materials maps lord know how many deep in a structure some place else just NO. I dout I'm alone. tho the pluggin is great

Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)

Piepants (3/3/2019)
Hello, I'm getting the following error when trying to load my project after enabling the plugin. Any ideas? This is using source built 4.21.2

Plugin 'RLPlugin' failed to load because module 'RLPlugin' could not be initialized successsfully after it was loaded.

Hi Piepants, 

It might be compatibility issue.
May we know if you execute the plugin in this folder?  >> CC_Character_Auto_Settings_Unreal_4.21_Beta_1.1
There are two folders, one for Unreal 4.20, another for 4.21.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Miranda (RL)
LiBraga
LiBraga
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)

Seems like the issue I had yesterday...
My mistake was that I dropped the whole extracted folder into UEs plugin structure.
Unreal engine would then display the plugin but it gave me that error when restarting.
As Miranda has hinted at.... you need to drill down in the extracted folders and find the folder for UE 4.21 and then put that into your UE plugins directory.

Now if only I could retarget the animations without Unreal crashing (even following the Reallusion tutorial causes a crash).
Piepants
Piepants
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (356 reputation)Senior Member (356 reputation)Senior Member (356 reputation)Senior Member (356 reputation)Senior Member (356 reputation)Senior Member (356 reputation)Senior Member (356 reputation)Senior Member (356 reputation)Senior Member (356 reputation)

Hi Miranda,

Yes I used the 4.21 version of the plugin by placing the CC_Character_Auto_Settings_Unreal_4.21_Beta_1.1 into the plugins folder. I tried both the engine and the individual project and once the plugin was enabled, I was getting the error message with both methods which resulted in the project being unable to boot up. I wonder if the issue is caused by having to rebuild the plugin for my source-built 4.21.2 engine?

If you could get the chance to try building UE4 4.21.2 from source and getting the plugin running as an engine plugin I would greatly appreciate the required steps on how to do so. Thanks! Smile
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Piepants,

We'd like to double check your process.
Did you install the plugin before updating to 4.21.2? Have you ever got the plugin work in the previous UE4 version?

Our steps are updating to 4.21.2 first, installing the plugin later.
Please delete the plugin under engine & individual project, and try again. Thanks!

@jm.johnson, thank you for your feedback!
Piepants
Piepants
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hi Miranda,

I cleared out my engine and rebuilt 4.21.2 from scratch, verified that my project opened in it, then copied the 'CC_Character_Auto_Settings_Unreal_4.21_Beta_1.1' folder into the engines Plugins folder. I then ran my project, went to Edit -> Plugins and enabled the reallusion plugin, and pressed the restart project button.

Then I receive a popup message:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2f1685ea-9353-4492-b1bc-24e7.png
 I click yes, it starts building, and then the project loading window appears, at around 70-80% of the load, another error message appears:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5142a89b-1257-45be-8f3b-5d0f.png
After this message, the project no longer tries to load. Like I said earlier, do you think the problem is that I'm having to rebuild the plugin and it isn't rebuilding the module correctly?

Please let me know if you need any more info from me, I can run through the process pretty quickly.

Also are you unable to reproduce this by building the engine from source?

Edited
5 Years Ago by Piepants
SWGames
SWGames
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)

Hey,
any new information about when the version 2.0 will be uploaded and ready to use?
I really want to use the realistic human shaders in unreal engine.
Will it include scatter maps so can shine through the ears for example?
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience! Plugin Beta 2.0 just released.

Please find the download link from main post of this thread.
Since the auto-setup process of Plugin Beta 2.0 has been improved, please visit the instructions for the details of new procedure.
  • Enhanced: Simplified script execution procedure
    • You can simply drag and drop a FBX file and the rest of the procedure will be automated.
    • You can now use the Import Button to bring FBX files into Unreal.
  • Added: Customized Unreal Digital Humans shaders for hair, eyes, tongue, teeth, and skin.  The skin will come with two shaders:
    • HQ skin shader (high quality): using Unreal Digital Human as a base, we adjust the settings to up the ante on visual quality.
    • LW skin shader (lightweight): based on the shaders from Epic Game's Paragon, we leverage their highly optimize skin shader without compromising visual quality.
  • Added: Automatically split ORM textures into separate channel assignments for AO, Roughness, and Metallic.
  • Added: Assign the equivalent UE materials based on what was deployed in CC3:
    • Traditional -> Specular
    • PBR -> Roughness & Metallic
  • Fixed: Skeleton meshes for Motionplus will now be re-imported.

Reading This Topic