exporting morphs

Posted By Ellessarr Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Ellessarr
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
A option to export character morphs direct from character creator to fbx and engines like unreal.

currently you can export daz characters morphs direct to unreal throught fbx export and use them in unreal to make characters customization, but you can't do that with CC3 characters the only morph which are exported are few "facial blendshape morphs, could be awesome if character creator 3 could full export all morphs to the fbx to be used on the game egines like unreal or unity.
Edited
Last Year by Ellessarr
bloodzseekerz
bloodzseekerz
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (305 reputation)Senior Member (305 reputation)Senior Member (305 reputation)Senior Member (305 reputation)Senior Member (305 reputation)Senior Member (305 reputation)Senior Member (305 reputation)Senior Member (305 reputation)Senior Member (305 reputation)

Last Active: 9 days ago
7 months later this is still not added, but free software like Daz have it. Yes with CC you can make good looking characters (you can do that with Daz too and its free) but without being able to export morphs you can only make NPCs that you will see once in game and forget they existed. You can't create a customizable player character with CC, its only worth using it for simple NPCs as I said.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (57.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (57.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (57.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (57.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (57.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (57.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (57.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (57.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (57.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
bloodzseekerz (8/9/2019)
7 months later this is still not added, but free software like Daz have it. Yes with CC you can make good looking characters (you can do that with Daz too and its free) but without being able to export morphs you can only make NPCs that you will see once in game and forget they existed. You can't create a customizable player character with CC, its only worth using it for simple NPCs as I said.

Why do they have to be just NPC's? Leading characters in games are not always customizable. Lara Croft from Tomb Raider or Nathan Drake from Uncharted are just two examples. Character Creator 3 can certainly be used to bring to life detailed ultra realistic characters that can be leading men or leading ladies in your games.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

gabrielle
gabrielle
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi Peter, 

I agree that main characters do not have to be customizable characters just like you demonstrated with your examples. But customizable characters are also a part of games characters and something that would still be achievable with CC3 at this point but with a great deal of pain and efforts.
I too would be very interested in this feature (morph exports) but at this point, I could do with a straight answer to this question: is exporting morphs with fbx as requested in this post a feature that will come in an upcoming version (say 3.1 or 3.2), might come in a more distant future as the potential of the feature is acknowledged and understood but not a priority or is it already clear that this will never come to CC3?

I would really like to know where CC3 is going with this to be able to make an informed decision as to what to do with this part of my game in the future. A clear answer about that would be really much appreciated. Thank you.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (57.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (57.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (57.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (57.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (57.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (57.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (57.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (57.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (57.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
Hi Gabrielle

Unfortunately exporting morphs is not part of our 2019 plan but it may be something that is added in future versions/upgrades. You can see (some) of what is coming in version 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3 in the thread below.

https://forum.reallusion.com/418339/What-to-Expect-in-the-Second-Half-of-2019

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic