exporting morphs

Posted By Ellessarr 5 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.
Author
Ellessarr
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
A option to export character morphs direct from character creator to fbx and engines like unreal.

currently you can export daz characters morphs direct to unreal throught fbx export and use them in unreal to make characters customization, but you can't do that with CC3 characters the only morph which are exported are few "facial blendshape morphs, could be awesome if character creator 3 could full export all morphs to the fbx to be used on the game egines like unreal or unity.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Ellessarr
bloodzseekerz
bloodzseekerz
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)

7 months later this is still not added, but free software like Daz have it. Yes with CC you can make good looking characters (you can do that with Daz too and its free) but without being able to export morphs you can only make NPCs that you will see once in game and forget they existed. You can't create a customizable player character with CC, its only worth using it for simple NPCs as I said.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
bloodzseekerz (8/9/2019)
7 months later this is still not added, but free software like Daz have it. Yes with CC you can make good looking characters (you can do that with Daz too and its free) but without being able to export morphs you can only make NPCs that you will see once in game and forget they existed. You can't create a customizable player character with CC, its only worth using it for simple NPCs as I said.

Why do they have to be just NPC's? Leading characters in games are not always customizable. Lara Croft from Tomb Raider or Nathan Drake from Uncharted are just two examples. Character Creator 3 can certainly be used to bring to life detailed ultra realistic characters that can be leading men or leading ladies in your games.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

gabrielle
gabrielle
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (196 reputation)Junior Member (196 reputation)Junior Member (196 reputation)Junior Member (196 reputation)Junior Member (196 reputation)Junior Member (196 reputation)Junior Member (196 reputation)Junior Member (196 reputation)Junior Member (196 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Hi Peter, 

I agree that main characters do not have to be customizable characters just like you demonstrated with your examples. But customizable characters are also a part of games characters and something that would still be achievable with CC3 at this point but with a great deal of pain and efforts.
I too would be very interested in this feature (morph exports) but at this point, I could do with a straight answer to this question: is exporting morphs with fbx as requested in this post a feature that will come in an upcoming version (say 3.1 or 3.2), might come in a more distant future as the potential of the feature is acknowledged and understood but not a priority or is it already clear that this will never come to CC3?

I would really like to know where CC3 is going with this to be able to make an informed decision as to what to do with this part of my game in the future. A clear answer about that would be really much appreciated. Thank you.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi Gabrielle

Unfortunately exporting morphs is not part of our 2019 plan but it may be something that is added in future versions/upgrades. You can see (some) of what is coming in version 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3 in the thread below.

https://forum.reallusion.com/418339/What-to-Expect-in-the-Second-Half-of-2019

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

joao.henriques
joao.henriques
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
its interesting that a tool advertised as being a pipeline to game artists lacks in so many really simple areas that almost all completion already have... for each new workaround I make to be able to use this I find another limitation making it impossible... 

CC3 / 3Dxchange works really well... if you use it in there terms... you want to export body morphs from CC3... Nope... you want to use genitals since its part of the human body... ops also not... I'm used to workaround in my pipeline with free tools... buy for the money I gave for this I was not expecting... 
micahpharoh
micahpharoh
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I just bought this last night and it seems like a great tool for my characters.  But...

It seems really short sighted not to allow any morph exports to UE4.  I'd like to allow for full character customization, but there are plenty of other gameplay implications as well.  I just don't want to have Thug 1, 2 and 3 who you keep seeing over and over when we could easily have randomized faces.  Or I could create a game where the character gets fat or more muscular depending on their activities.  It just seems silly that the morphs are available to me but not usable for my game.
wink3319
wink3319
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (231 reputation)Junior Member (231 reputation)Junior Member (231 reputation)Junior Member (231 reputation)Junior Member (231 reputation)Junior Member (231 reputation)Junior Member (231 reputation)Junior Member (231 reputation)Junior Member (231 reputation)

I have the exact same issue: I would like to adjust my character in UE4 using Morph Targets. I can do it with DAZ3D models but for whatever reason not with CC3 models. The function would be really helpful.
SeanPollman
SeanPollman
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
I am extremely disappointed to find this. I just purchase CC3 this two days ago thinking I could use it and then implement randomly generated NPCs in my game, and a Character builder for the player, but the limitation of not allowing exporting morphs completely ruins that. I may be seeking a refund. 
SeanPollman
SeanPollman
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
To elaborate the only thing I expected from CC3 was the ability to export a character mesh with morph targets, so that I would only need a single character mesh, that I could then manipulate in-game to achieve different visuals. Doing it this way would reduce runtime overhead by only needing to have one mesh in memory and then instancing it to the other characters and applying the different values. As it stands now the only option for CC3 and video games is to have static characters, with unique character meshes for every character that you do not want to be the same, as a development resource, it makes CC3 practically useless. 

Every single other product on the market can export morph targets, there are even ways that I can get morph targets out of CC3 using two other Softwares, but its time consuming, getting CC3 was supposed to save me time for development, not cost more. 

Reading This Topic