Profile Picture

[ iClone 7.4 NEW RELEASE ] Python Open API is Available!

Posted By Tony (RL) 6 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.

[ iClone 7.4 NEW RELEASE ] Python Open API is Available!

Author
Tony (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Dear iCloners,

If you are a current user of Full Version Curve Editor Plugin, please UPDATE your Curve Editor Plugin to v1.11 to prevent crashes due to incompatibility with iClone 7.4.

If you are a current user of Trial Version Curve Editor Plugin, please make sure your Trial Version Curve Editor Plugin is v1.11 to prevent crashes due to incompatibility with iClone 7.4.

To know more about Curve Editor Plugin v1.11, please check out its Release Note.

We apologize for causing your inconvenience.

Tony
Product Marketing Manager 

www.reallusion.com
Edited
6 Years Ago by Tony (RL)
Rottadamic
Rottadamic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
Tony (RL) (12/25/2018)
Dear iCloners,

If you are a current user of Full Version Curve Editor Plugin, please UPDATE your Curve Editor Plugin to v1.11 to prevent crashes due to incompatibility with iClone 7.4.

I did/ had, and it is just not stable, it crashes to often when before it rearly did

My Youtube Channel

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 5 minutes ago
Rottadamic Movies (12/25/2018)
Tony (RL) (12/25/2018)
Dear iCloners,

I did/ had, and it is just not stable, it crashes to often when before it rearly did

If it still not working properly, Then a clean start might be a good idea. Your content folders will be left intact.

Uninstall the curve editor and Motion Live using windows uninstaller.
Uninstall iClone.
Download a 7.4 installer from your account and install. Do not launch iClone yet.
Download the newest curve editor and Motion Live. and install.
Now you can launch iClone.
wildstar
wildstar
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Rampa The great problem of reallusion is having no testers. new versions  are released without being ready for real life  work situations. simply because reallusion DOES NOT TEST YOUR SOFTWARE! . iclone 7.4 is the slowest and most unstable version of the iclone's history. and I did everything you said ... install clean version of iclone 7.4 ... I installed curve editor 1.1. and remains unstable. the iclone is taking 30% longer to open than 7.3. sometimes the iclone is totally unistable. forcing the user to restart windows. then can you work for a few hours and then the iclone closes. and when you open it again it becomes unusable, so slow it becames. forcing the user make a  windows restart. to return to normal and continue the work for a few hours until the iclone crashes again forcing the user to restart windows again, I'M SO SORRY SAYING THAT. BUT  THAT FREQUENCY OF THIS FAIL  RELEASES. MAKE ME SAY A THING! or Reallusion  increase the release deadline for new releases. or  increase the team of developers and hire beta testers because it's getting extremely unpleasant
wildstar
wildstar
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)

Iclone 7.4 the most slow version ever. reallusion is having sucess to make what autodesk get years to do: make your software slow more and more release after release
wildstar
wildstar
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

i trying work right now and i just cant. i want to restart windows to get iclone usable again, I know I can not use unpleasant words here. But you can not block my thoughts. and I assure you that they are not at all pleasant right now
raxel_67
raxel_67
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
I agree with wildstar 100% RL does not test their products enough, and sometimes as a costumer i feel that no testing was done at all. Since the alpha version of iclone 7 i have seen it slowly going down the toilet. You dont need to be nostradamus to know that every new update is going to break something. Also it seems that they are rushing things all the time. What is the point of releasing this on december 24th? Why not wait until january and polish the crap out of the update? Because RL doesn't respect their costumers. If another company releases an iclone like software that is stable and doesn't get screwed by updates i would abandon ship in the blink of an eye. Currently i am not buying anything made by RL because they don't deserve my hard earned money. I keep using theit software because there is no alternative out there but i wont give them anymore money until RL changes their practices or an alternative comes out, whatever happens first. 
thedirector1974
thedirector1974
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
There is a simple way to avoid all those things. DONT UPDATE!!!!
Unless you have to, because you need the new functions really bad. I still using the 7.22 version of iClone and I will stay with this version until it's save to update, because I am always in the middle of some projects and i can't have this kind of trouble.
You know Reallusion. You know they do not have the means to test their updates properly. But you still update as soon as the new version comes out. Be more patient next time ...
raxel_67
raxel_67
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Whatever, that doesn't change the fact that RL isn't doing their job properly. The deal is pretty simple i pay and they give me a software that works the way it should
Tony (RL)
Tony (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Dear iCloners,

Some Curve Editor Plugin users have found that their iClone 7.4 sometimes crashes if they didn’t update their Curve Editor to the newest version (1.11) when updating their iClone to 7.4. This is due to incompatibility between iClone 7.4 and older Curve Editor Plugin versions (1.1 below). We thank everyone for quickly reporting this issue, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

To fix this problem, Reallusion has released a new version of iClone 7.4 (7.4.2426.1) to replace the previous version (7.4.2419.1). So please update your iClone to 7.4.2426.1 in order to prevent any possible crashes. You can get the update via the Reallusion Hub or see the How to Update Guide.

PS: You might see this message box after you update iClone to v7.4.2426.1.  This is just a kind reminder to update your Curve Editor Plugin.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f3db1868-a214-4884-9884-4651.png

Tony
Product Marketing Manager 

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic