Profile Picture

[ iClone 7.4 NEW RELEASE ] Python Open API is Available!

Posted By Tony (RL) 6 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.

[ iClone 7.4 NEW RELEASE ] Python Open API is Available!

Author
Rampa
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 56 minutes ago
You have to uninstall before you can reinstall.

To be totally clean, also do this after you uninstall:
Check this directory for any iClone  leftovers and delete them:
C:\Program Files\Reallusion
Find this directory: C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Temp
Delete this folder: iClone7Temp
Note that AppData is a hidden folder, and you may need to set "Show hidden files and folders" for Windows
Also note that "your name" is your user name on your computer.

Your content folders will be safe. You can just go with the defaults for installation.
Edited
6 Years Ago by Rampa
toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Not sure to go for it. As API is way above my grasp and the fixes not really needed for the moment i will wait to see if there are some bugs delivered...
To all the API cracks in here: time to start working on some handy practice applications which will make all these "mission impossible"s possible Wink
And as i have no clue what API can make possible, i have not a wishlist yet, but i'm looking forward to the results. w00t

Toystorylab on Vimeo : https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce44ea78-6984-47d8-9bf4-b783.png    Crassitudes (my "Alter Ego") on Youtube: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fcc4df30-b3a8-40a5-a427-0735.png

Rottadamic
Rottadamic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
and that was crash number 4 Sad man this version is unstable Crying

My Youtube Channel

Rogue Anime
Rogue Anime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Friends - I want to thank Mike & Steve for all their help, but alas, I have uninstalled, downloaded and RE-installed my iClone 7 and I STILL cannot open the program! I was having no problems until I installed this 7.4 patch - now my iCLone is USELESS!  Is there a way to uninstall this and roll it BACK to version 7.3? I am dead in the water here and VERY unhappy.

Merry Christmas, Reallusion - Thanks for the crippling 'update' - now - GIVE ME BACK MY iCLONE!
(please! lol) ~V~

Val RogueAnanda
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e82de505-c57a-40b9-8cb0-9f87.png

Edited
6 Years Ago by Rogue Anime
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Val,

We are *just* about to eat our Christmas Eve dinner (big turkey -- 26lbs -- and so much alcohol there's no way I'll be back online) but did you do all that Rampa said above at the top of this page?

There's no reason you can't install 7.3 -- if it's not working there is something wrong most likely with your hub.  Note: you can download the direct installs of 7.3, so that'a another alternative, but first things first -- get rid of ALL traces of iClone from your machine using Rampa's outlined procedure (hell - the eggnog is affecting me even now -- I've retyped this paragraph three times now).

Okay, sorry, will be offline until either tomorrow morning or MUCH later tonight.  But don't despair!

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

If it just really does not want to work, you can always roll your system back to an earlier restore point.

Did you go ahead and download the latest full installer from your account? That will be 7.4, but it worked for me. Restart after your install, for good measure!
Rogue Anime
Rogue Anime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Rampa (12/24/2018)
You have to uninstall before you can reinstall.
To be totally clean, also do this after you uninstall:
Check this directory for any iClone  leftovers and delete them:
C:\Program Files\Reallusion
Find this directory: C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Temp
Delete this folder: iClone7Temp
Note that AppData is a hidden folder, and you may need to set "Show hidden files and folders" for Windows
Also note that "your name" is your user name on your computer. 
Your content folders will be safe. You can just go with the defaults for installation.

Rampa & Mike - Thank you so much for your time and for your responses! I tried this, but it did not work. I followed yours & Mike's instructions. I restarted after uninstall & temp folder deletion, as well as after re install. I tried this 3 times before I gave up - no soap! I am STILL getting the error @the startup banner and it closes the program before it can start - I will have to roll back to 7.3 with your help, as I haven't done that rollback thing before.
Merry Christmas, and thanks again for your time. ~V~

Val RogueAnanda
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e82de505-c57a-40b9-8cb0-9f87.png

Edited
6 Years Ago by Rogue Anime
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Before that, try un-installing plugins. If you have Motion Live, un-install that first. You can reinstall a fresh version later.

Hopefully you have a recent restore point, if you end doing that. Anyway. Have a look here:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options
Edited
6 Years Ago by Rampa
luke (RL)
luke (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Power Developer
Last Active: 34 minutes ago
Hi, Rogue Anime

Sorry for this new update caused you can't run iClone.
Did you install the Curve Editor before? If yes, please go to [Your iClone location]\\Bin64\Plugin\ then delete the file called "ICCurveEditor.dll" and try to restart the iClone again.

thanks
argus1000
argus1000
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

I can't even install the new iclone 7.4 update. As soon as the splash screen appears, there's another window that pops up, telling me that iclone has to close. Repeat ad infinitum. I had to restore my system.

I was hoping to be able to work with a repaired timeline, but no luck.

My latest movie THE GOLDEN MAN, and a few othershttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIl1EqVCKitZzLqaNnLK0BA
Edited
6 Years Ago by argus1000

Reading This Topic