Profile Picture

00 Cartoon Animation 4 (CTA 4) Work In Progress I & II

Posted By Ola(RL) 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Author
AtlantisPS
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I have Crazy Talk Animator 3 Pipeline (purchased as Presale with CTA2). From what I can gather from the Reallusion website, if I spend USD $150 (on sale) to rebuy CTA3, I'll get Cartoon Animator 4 upon release, or, I spend USD $299 in content (which I have previously purchased, so don't need any more), and get CA4 upon release?
Can you tell me if the above is correct, and is there going to be and upgrade price for CTA3 owners?

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
AtlantisPS (12/10/2018)
I have Crazy Talk Animator 3 Pipeline (purchased as Presale with CTA2). From what I can gather from the Reallusion website, if I spend USD $150 (on sale) to rebuy CTA3, I'll get Cartoon Animator 4 upon release, or, I spend USD $299 in content (which I have previously purchased, so don't need any more), and get CA4 upon release?
Can you tell me if the above is correct, and is there going to be and upgrade price for CTA3 owners?

Hi...

You will get a free copy of Cartoon Animator 4 Pipeline if you buy one of the qualifying Crazytalk Animator 3 Pipeline BUNDLES (see below). Just purchasing CTA 3 Pipeline on its own again won't get you a free copy of CTA4 Pipeline. However as you already have CTA3 Pipeline you may prefer to wait and just upgrade to CTA4 Pipeline when it is released.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c40f9058-5d59-40f0-b0b1-15d0.png

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
6 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

rohaidzam.rashid (12/9/2018)
Is there a way to render CTA with alpha channel? (Having transparent Backgrounds so we can composite in a video editor) That would be an awesome feature!

If you have the Windows version of CTA3, then you can export in Sequence Image PNG format and this will give you a transparent background. You can then load the Sequence Images into your video editor ready for compositing. If you have the Mac version, then you can export using the ProRes 4444 video option and this will include an alpha channel.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

kazakovdg (12/6/2018)

Hello! Immediately apologize for the bad English,because I am not a native speaker.

Is it possible based on CrazyTalk Animator / CartoonAnimator, create something similar to Character Creator for 2D characters?Maybe it's a stupid question, but I'm still interested.

CrazyTalk Animator already has Composer mode which is very much a 2D character creator system. For example for our G2 characters you have a library of heads, uppers, lowers and shoes that can be mixed and matched to create a huge variety of custom characters. Plus for G3 characters you can send these back and forth to your image editing software for custom creation and to change clothing, add accessories etc (Pipeline version).

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Piotrastra
Piotrastra
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
As usually, newcomers ( those who buy CTA 3 now) get the newest version for free. 
Those who have been using CTA 3 for a while,  will have to buy an upgrade. That's business. 
I wonder, though, what the member price might be when the software is release
d ?
Edited
6 Years Ago by Piotrastra
AtlantisPS
AtlantisPS
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Thanks Peter,
Is there an idea on upgrade price, when released?

Cheers, Matt
art225
art225
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Looks great but I really hope you lower the price for folks who own CTA 2 and CTA 3. Seems like you introduced the idea of 3d head and body movement in CTA 2 but these don't work on G3 characters (i wondered why this wasn't launched for CTA 3 characters). In addition we were able to change strides with sliders in CTA 2 but these also don't work on G3 characters vice versa and it seems like something similar is coming to CTA4. I feel that if you make a new version you should also update the characters made by reallusion so that they are compatible. For example I bought all these animations for G2 characters that I can't use for G3 characters. Sometimes I want my G3 character to behave like a G2 character (changing 3d angles of character) but its not possible without making the character all over to work like a G2 character. I'm not complaining but I feel more folks will purchase your character content if they know that it will be compatible without hassle on future versions of your software. I would be really happy if my purchased G3 characters are updated for all these G4 features such as 360 degree head turn, and smart IK, etc. Please don't take my post as negative but something to think about when you launch new versions of your software. I love your software and I'm looking forward to see all the new features in CTA 4. 

Thank you!
Holden7
Holden7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks for replying to my questions about G2 in CTA4 kylelee.

Peter, can you tell us if a few of the new features in CTA4 will work with G2 characters?  Specifically:

- Smart IK (Inverse Kinematic)
- Intuitive Auto IK/FK Switch
- Stretch Animation
- Smart Motion Retargeting
- Facial Motion Capture

These are exciting additions and it would be great if they worked with G2's.

I bought CTA3 Pipeline a couple of days before CTA4 was announced, and can still return it to buy the bundle version that includes the upgrade to CTA4.  But the bundle is an extra $130 and I'm trying to figure out whether it's contents and CTA4's new features will be useful to me  (I originally bought the non-bundle pipeline as I figured I would center my work around G2, not G3).

Having spent a large amount of money in the Reallusion store in November, I'm trying to make an educated and economically responsible choice.  Knowing which new features work with which generation of characters would help guide my choice.

Thanks so much.
Edited
6 Years Ago by Holden7
sovannmy
sovannmy
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I just bought CTA3 Pro in Dec 2018, just want to get your confirmation, will i get CTA4 Pro or CTA4 Pipline?
Thank youhttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a72c8612-fd56-4931-a751-b264.jpg
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

AtlantisPS (12/10/2018)
Thanks Peter,
Is there an idea on upgrade price, when released?

Cheers, Matt

The upgrade price will be announced nearer to the release date but you can expect it to be in line with normal upgrade pricing. Cartoon Animator 4 should be released around April 2019.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic