Posted By Peter (RL) 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

3D Scan Virtual Humans + Learning Course - Now Available

Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (121.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (121.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (121.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (121.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (121.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (121.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (121.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (121.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (121.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 1 hour ago
mtakerkart (11/21/2018)
I'm sorry but because English is not easy for me but with this bundle :

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/29532ffe-9b79-43cc-a712-f0fc.jpg

I wil get : The virtual humans head vol 1 (avalaible now) + Virtual human bodies Louis (avalaible only in Dec) + Learning videos (avalaible now) ?

Thank you for your leniency

Yes you will get the Virtual Human Heads Vol.1 pack and the Learning Resources now. The Virtual Human body (Louis) will be available to download in December.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (16.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 hours ago
Thank you Peter. Bought it .
modernstoryteller
modernstoryteller
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Assets look awesome. I noticed they come with a set of "Face animation profiles" in a ZIP file. What should we do with these, ie. do we need to install them, and if so, where?
Jfrog
Jfrog
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I have the same question.  Where do we install those face animation profiles? Couldn't find any info anywhere.
Thanks!

Ryzen R9 5950x, RTX 3090, 128Gb Ram ,2 x 2 TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 SSD

Horror Stories in VR
Immersive Sound VR
Immersive Sound VR on Oculus TV

gordryd
gordryd
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
IIRC, it doesn't matter where you store the files -- you just have to remember where you put them, and to manually add them to the characters (by dragging and dropping on the character after the head is 'attached').  The purpose is to improve the facial animation of the 3D Scan heads.   

Reallusion Certified Director / Reallusion Best Visual Award / Reallusion Certified Content Developer
See all the G-Tools Plug-Ins available for iClone here: G-Tools Plug-Ins

Jfrog
Jfrog
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
The purpose is to improve the facial animation of the 3D Scan heads.

I am glad to know because my first tests with the 3D scan head were really scary.    Smile

Ryzen R9 5950x, RTX 3090, 128Gb Ram ,2 x 2 TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 SSD

Horror Stories in VR
Immersive Sound VR
Immersive Sound VR on Oculus TV

dogged2003
dogged2003
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Last Active: Last Year
Realism is good. What about the automated conversion to a similar "doll"? Skin is smooth, eyes are big, nose is small, sponges are plump? But what would a real person be recognized?

My YouTube channel.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (121.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (121.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (121.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (121.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (121.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (121.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (121.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (121.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (121.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 1 hour ago
The 3D Scan Virtual Body - Louis is now available. Smile

Note: If you received this as part of your 3D Scan Bundle, then you will find the download link in your Member Account on the Order History page.

And to find out more about this pack, please click HERE.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/15ef7f0f-fbcf-4cca-93e8-b164.jpg

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

isr
isr
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (747 reputation)Veteran Member (747 reputation)Veteran Member (747 reputation)Veteran Member (747 reputation)Veteran Member (747 reputation)Veteran Member (747 reputation)Veteran Member (747 reputation)Veteran Member (747 reputation)Veteran Member (747 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Just saw the training material that says the 3D scan with Photogrammetry is unlikely for general users - well the exact wording is:
"Chances are that you will be purchasing your scanned data of humans. Currently the set-up for creating your own scans is somewhat expensive and takes up quite a bit of space."

With Photoscan or 3DF Zypher the tools are there for building the dense cloud and the mesh and the textures at a reasonable cost.

Here is a tutorial on doing the photos with a single camera by hand and mapping with photoscan produced by ZBrush….. so it is achievable.
https://vimeo.com/188877674

There is also guides on doing this using free software
https://youtu.be/9Ul9aYhm7O4
Other interesting guides:
https://youtu.be/GEsRcFQ1_H8
https://vimeo.com/123701711 and  https://vimeo.com/scatterco/photoscan2

An illustrated workflow of Photogrammetry to iclone
https://youtu.be/5b3Ndv6psbY

It would be great if Reallusion could do a tutorial aimed at the amateur doing this - single camera capture of a head, photogrammetry and then brining the head into character creator 3, accepted its not going to be as polished as a professional $15K+ rig but as can be seen from the videos its easily achievable to get pretty good results.  They could also extend the training material to include the first parts of the workflow instead of assuming the scans will be purchased.

(Perhaps this is the next evolution of Crazytalk 8...…? or would that be better with an intel realsense /Kinect/iPhone depth sensing camera)
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I really love these characters.  I mod the textures, but even out of box they are awesome.

One suggestion, RL, is possibly adding some TLC to the eye-socket area in any future update. 
Even when including the character's special custom eyes, teeth, and facial animation profile, there seems to be what I would call a gap between the eyeball and the face.
Now, you can morph the eye forward, but at the risk of poke through. 
Here is Heidi Motion plus talking with Denisa..the eyes move almost behind the face seemingly:

But additionally to this, the eye socket flesh also seems especially large in depth, from forward to back.
I made these in Octane render and it shows that the characters could be very convincing, but for that eye-socketty size and spacing.
When its's obscured, it look really good, but when shown, it looks off.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d5ac1696-7d38-4fd9-b69b-9d63.png
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0c1064a8-b65d-4b60-9695-f2b4.png

I see real humans actually do have that spacing, but somehow here it was a touch too big, as in like if it was smaller, you wouldn't notice it.
I wouldn't note this but for the fact that it is the Virtual Human set, and there was a lot of detail RL put into this. 

But anyway, really cool!  I will definitely be picking up any add on volumes / packs for this in future.

Reading This Topic